Page 525 of 719 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575625 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jean's genetics, though...

Remember that time Sinister revealed that Jean Grey is “Mutant Alpha” - “The first mutant. The mutant whose genetic code gave rise to us all"? Dark Phoenix and Madelyne Pryor are certainly two examples...

Yes! I do remember that scene.

But at first, didn't they think Jean was killed by Havok or something, only to rise as the Powerful first pic, Mutant Alpha?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes! I do remember that scene.

But at first, didn't they think Jean was killed by Havok or something, only to rise as the Powerful first pic, Mutant Alpha?
    I forget the context. I'll have to go back and read the series (X-Men: Age of Apocalypse #'s 1-6 [2005]).

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

AoA Scott captures Jean and while she’s a prisoner - but treated with all the luxury a mutant like her would be entitled in that AU - he falls head over heels for her because of her spirit and her refusal to join team Apocalypse.

He’s planing on releasing her but AoA Logan comes for her rescue and screws everything up (that’s when they maim each other). But she leaves such an impression on Scott, that he starts to question everything that his life has been up to that point and he starts to help humans escape, while still pretending to lead his old life.

Alex suspects, though, and later, when it becomes clear Scott has turned on them because of Jean, he kills her.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    AoA Scott captures Jean and while she’s a prisoner - but treated with all the luxury a mutant like her would be entitled in that AU - he falls head over heels for her because of her spirit and her refusal to join team Apocalypse.

He’s planing on releasing her but AoA Logan comes for her rescue and screws everything up (that’s when they maim each other). But she leaves such an impression on Scott, that he starts to question everything that his life has been up to that point and he starts to help humans escape, while still pretending to lead his old life.

Alex suspects, though, and later, when it becomes clear Scott has turned on them because of Jean, he kills her.
    Yes, thank you, Grinning Soul, that is what I remembered from the story, but was not completely sure.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Fantastic Member

I think it was also AOA, where Dark Beast said every cell of Jean's body is bursting with energy (or something to that effect)...

Yes, thank you, Grinning Soul, that is what I remembered from the story, but was not completely sure.
    No problem. AoA Alex is really stupid, though, because he kills *the* mutant that can shield them from a bomb that is about to drop, or something like that. And Scott feels particularly guilty because he'd had the chance to kill Alex before, but he didn't because he didn't want to add "killing my brother" to the list of atrocities he had committed.

And that's how the original AoA storyline ended for them.

Thank you for the clarification, GS! As I've said before, I'm amazed by how some of you can retain so much comic book history!

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    I think it was also AOA, where Dark Beast said every cell of Jean's body is bursting with energy (or something to that effect)...
    Here you go

Thank you for the clarification, GS! As I've said before, I'm amazed by how some of you can retain so much comic book history!
    No problem.

I can't retain that much, actually. It depends on the comics. Some I remember pretty well. Others are a complete blank.

No problem.

I can't retain that much, actually. It depends on the comics. Some I remember pretty well. Others are a complete blank.
    Me too. I thought I had remembered that correctly, but was not sure. I appreciate the confirmation.

Me too. I thought I had remembered that correctly, but was not sure. I appreciate the confirmation. :)
    Any time. :)

(but, please, don't quote me on the details :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Here you go

Even on the microscope slide, Jean's cells and energy/power are shown as PINK!

This panel just ended me. Where is it from???? ��❤️

This panel just ended me. Where is it from???? ��❤️

X-Men Chronicles #1

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    X-Men Chronicles #1
    Thank you, love!