Page 170 of 719 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Yes, in fact, I think it brings more likeliness to the idea of a polyamorous arrangement. Jean’s been making out/hooking up with Logan, when it was done behind Jean’s back in regards to Scott & Emma’s telepathic affair, it was the secrecy and deceit that made it hurt. I doubt Jean’s being hypocritical, I don’t think she’d be having relations with Logan unless Scott had some kind of awareness, same with Scott in regards to Emma.
    I dont think that way. it brings more exclusiveness than being open. Jean made it clear that she doesn't like to share things. Things going on in X-fore really made anything being open even less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    It would be a good reason to explain her return to the usual MG. But there would have to be an explanation of what happened for her to be lost
    Books are realy saying that nothing is wrong with Jean, when we really see that things are wrong with her
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-21-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I dont think that way. it brings more exclusiveness than being open. Things going on in X-fore really made anything being open even less likely
    She full blown made out with Logan twice in X-Force and Scott has already been implied to be sleeping with Emma, The Sinister secret, and Logan having a room in Jean's home. They open af bruh lol

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    She full blown made out with Logan twice in X-Force and Scott has already been implied to be sleeping with Emma, The Sinister secret, and Logan having a room in Jean's home. They open af bruh lol
    Yes, we saw her kissing Logan and that is it. We saw that Scott calls her to sleep and she with him, looks like her loyalty and eerything is with Scott. Implied doesnt mean that it is going on.
    they are letting it open, because they don't want to commit

Astonishing Member

Yes, we saw her kissing Logan and that is it. We saw that Scott calls her to sleep and she with him, looks like her loyalty and eerything is with Scott. Implied doesnt mean that it is going on.
    they are letting it open, because they don't want to commit
    I'm not going down this road with you lol there been enough comments made both inside and outside the book by writers to know that Scott and Jean are in an open relationship and that's Scott is banging Emma and that Jean is banging Logan. The only people still denying it at this point are those in...well denial.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm not going down this road with you lol there been enough comments made both inside and outside the book by writers to know that Scott and Jean are in an open relationship and that's Scott is banging Emma and that Jean is banging Logan. The only people still denying it at this point are those in...well denial.
    If they are on a open relationship, they should show it. if not shown, nothing is going on. Writers had a lot of chances to do it and never went.
    Anyway OOC behavior sucks and Jean deserves better, that is why writers are just teasing to try chasing sales and failing

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don’t understand why you keep talking about Byrne… Dark Phoenix is a Claremont’s story, I believe.
    Because people here, specifically, shared pages where Claremont admitted that it was never his intention for Phoenix to go dark before Byrne came on. The suggestion that she go dark was entirely Byrne and it was entirely because he has an issue with strong female figures. It wasn't that there was a powerful character on the team that had him stressed out, it was the fact that this powerful character was a woman who was said to be on the same level as Thor, Silver Surfer, and other cosmic characters. So when he was brought on the book when Cockrum left, he wanted Jean to go dark and ultimately end up depowered - if not completely then at least back to Marvel Girl levels, which is something that not even Bob Layton did.

And yeah - he forced the D'Bari genocide into Dark Phoenix Saga.

As for the new issue... it was fine, but I still hate that Percy just continuously has Jean and his other female characters as secondary to the males.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Because people here, specifically, shared pages where Claremont admitted that it was never his intention for Phoenix to go dark before Byrne came on. The suggestion that she go dark was entirely Byrne and it was entirely because he has an issue with strong female figures. It wasn't that there was a powerful character on the team that had him stressed out, it was the fact that this powerful character was a woman who was said to be on the same level as Thor, Silver Surfer, and other cosmic characters. So when he was brought on the book when Cockrum left, he wanted Jean to go dark and ultimately end up depowered - if not completely then at least back to Marvel Girl levels, which is something that not even Bob Layton did.

And yeah - he forced the D'Bari genocide into Dark Phoenix Saga.

As for the new issue... it was fine, but I still hate that Percy just continuously has Jean and his other female characters as secondary to the males.
    Jean at least was just guest starring. But now that Quentin recived some atention, more love is spread on Sage and Domino too.

Byrne really changed Phoenix from a female emancipation story to a cautionary tale about women getting too much powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Scott was secondary to Jean here, Logan was MIA and Jean was lead for most of the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott was secondary to Jean here, Logan was MIA and Jean was lead for most of the issue
    She kinda felt like the pink psionic godmother, but I’ll take what I can at this point
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-21-2021 at 11:36 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Byrne really changed Phoenix from a female emancipation story to a cautionary tale about women getting too much powerful
    What should it have to do with Jean being a woman? What couldn’t it just a cautionary tale about having too much power? It’s not something new: Icarus, Atlantis…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

What should it have to do with Jean being a woman? What couldn’t it just a cautionary tale about having too much power? It’s not something new: Icarus, Atlantis…
    These arent comic book heroes examples. we see powerful men on comics all the time and they don't lose it Now Both Jean and Wanda got too much powerful and Byrne said that they couldnt be.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean was secondary to Quentin. I'm not just talking about Jean's husband and boyfriend, I'm talking about the fact that she only really existed in this issue to hold Quentin's hand while he basically did everything himself. We didn't even get the cool showdown between Jean and the twisted Quentin that the dialogue implied because Quentin killed it telepathically like Jean said he probably couldn't, all to show that Jean was wrong about that.

The issue is that he probably wouldn't have done it if it was a man. He has a history, starting with Dark Phoenix, of telling these tales of women who are powerful being knocked down a peg - he does so to Jean, to Scarlet Witch, to a certain extent to Invisible Woman. And when he made his own strong female character she was mostly T & A. Also I cannot emphasize enough that his only real lasting impression on the X-Mythos is the unnecessary demonization of a strong and powerful woman that the writer and previous artist were content to allow to continue being powerful and capable and confident.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 04-21-2021 at 11:18 AM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Really enjoyed X-Force anytime Jean is used in this title Percy writes her the best. I also love that she had a purpose which she followed up on and was in part responsible for solving. It was refreshing to see Jean's prior experiences inform her decisions and motivations. And anytime Jean is positioned as an expert on psychic happenings I'm happy.

Thought this issue did a good job moving this arc forward, it falls a little flat for me in that we've seen this story with Quentin before. And unfortunately I also think other writers have done a better job characterizing Quentin, I like the vision the execution could have been earned a bit more for me.

Kate grey
    Ex_hMMOXEAU7UVa.jpg

I don't know if it was made by a fan or it's a parallel universe

That's from the Renew Your Vows universe.