Page 594 of 719 FirstFirst ... 94494544584590591592593594595596597598604644694 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Thanks Mercury ❤, likewise I'm always digging your insights, I'm catching up on them in the X-Men #4 review thread atm
    Well, you need to post in there ASAP. 🤣 Anyway, I've been waiting to read your more nuanced thoughts on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    C'mon, that's just being obtuse for the sake of it. She was straddling him. They may not have necessarily had sex here, but no, this is not "intimacy of very close friends". The fact that you can be naked with someone in a jaccuzi and not have sex with them changes nothing about the scene, whether they're about to **** or not isn't the whole determining factor.

The way they're acting is also not one of that being unusual, or of doubt of the nature of the situation. And then there's the dialogue "If you think I'm too good for X-Force you probably think I'm too good for you", "Sure, but you need a taste of poison now and then". The panel ends with him holding her face and then it zooms out with them pressed onto each other (which does seem like a kiss to me, but that specific part and that only I'll agree isn't clear).
    Hmmmm, yes, the first thing that comes to mind when I see two character naked with a romantic history straddling in a jaccui with the word "taste" being tossed around is "platonic".
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

So far, the Phoenix Song: Echo advanced reviews range from good to great. I made my peace with Jean no longer being Phoenix some time back, but it still stings a little. Good for Echo, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    So far, the Phoenix Song: Echo advanced reviews range from good to great. I made my peace with Jean no longer being Phoenix some time back, but it still stings a little. Good for Echo, though.
    I still don't. The entire aesthetic is just way too iconic to give it up and will forever be linked intimately to Jean Grey.

She is already losing control? tz, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, Echo!!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I still don't. The entire aesthetic is just way too iconic to give it up and will forever be linked intimately to Jean Grey.

She is already losing control? tz, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, Echo!!
    That's how I feel as well. As much as I enjoy Jean's pink glow when she uses her powers, the Phoenix imagery is just too synonymous with Jean at this point. Films, Cartoons, and video games all find a way to incorporate it into Jean aesthetic and storyline.

Marvel being hellbent on giving everyone else a stab at it so they can get a cool costume is trash. Hoping one day someone can fix this mess.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 10-18-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That's how I feel as well. As much as I enjoy Jean's pink glow when she uses her powers, the Phoenix imagery is just too synonymous with Jean at this point. Films, Cartoons, and video games all find a way to incorporate it into Jean aesthetic and storyline.

Marvel being hellbent on giving everyone else a stab at so they can get a cool costume is trash. Hoping one day someone can fix this mess.
    I am aggravated if they are using it as a ploy for their TV push as well. Isn't Echo supposed to be in the new Hawkeye series? I feel like they will do anything to push characters that are not mutants. It bothers me that they cannot make anything new to push their characters so they could be the favorites for viewers instead of comic readers. They have to piggy back off of X-Men. I do not want the MCU's first sight of Phoenix to be with a character they decided to use now because of TV. Just introduce the X-Men already

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    They are just going to simply not use the Phoenix with Jean in the future. Echo will be in games. It's only synonymous with Jean because the people in those mediums aren't as freaked about her status as a powerhouse the way antiquated comic book executives are.

Phoenix Jean has to go away all because some dudes are weird about their insert character's girlfriend vastly outclassing him in power.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-18-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Amazing Member

jean-luc lets get it started

Imagine if Feige says **** it. I'm doing this my way...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley "Artgerm" Lau
    Artgerm always does right by her.

I saw that and RTed it. It's already got a couple of thousand likes. It's pretty.

If someone was intrigued about the White Hot Room being used in S.W.O.R.D, Al Ewing said this in a recent interview:

But the Mystery: I’d already done a bunch of stuff with the Outside, which is Jonathan’s White Space, and just tying all this stuff together. But I had this idea that the mystery was this place you could go into and explore, this sort of creation zone. And I think I kind of implied that it was also the White Hot Room? So that’s a whole thing.
    Ewing uses it as synonymous with the Above Place or the Mystery. I admit I was (foolishly) hoping to maybe see a cameo of Jean since they were using the WHR as a concept in that book lol.

https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/10/14/...2bsrcqhluUngHY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    If someone was intrigued about the White Hot Room being used in S.W.O.R.D, Al Ewing said this in a recent interview:

Ewing uses it as synonymous with the Above Place or the Mystery. I admit I was (foolishly) hoping to maybe see a cameo of Jean since they were using the WHR as a concept in that book lol.

https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/10/14/...2bsrcqhluUngHY
    Well, he does talk about quietly ignoring stuff if it doesn't fly. Given that ignored defacto not-canon is the status of Jean's role in the WHR, I wouldn't expect anything.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Hmmmm, yes, the first thing that comes to mind when I see two character naked with a romantic history straddling in a jaccui with the word "taste" being tossed around is "platonic".
    Facts LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Tbh PF is so f*cked in 616 that the further it's from her(or anyone) the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

I would like her to keep the pink phoenix thing

As for control, Dark Phoenix blew up a whole star which lead to the destruction of a whole planet full of people(I'm aware it wasn't Jean's fault, just making a joke), unless she messed up worse she'll be fine in that comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by porcelainfire View Post
    I am aggravated if they are using it as a ploy for their TV push as well. Isn't Echo supposed to be in the new Hawkeye series? I feel like they will do anything to push characters that are not mutants. It bothers me that they cannot make anything new to push their characters so they could be the favorites for viewers instead of comic readers. They have to piggy back off of X-Men. I do not want the MCU's first sight of Phoenix to be with a character they decided to use now because of TV. Just introduce the X-Men already
    They won't, this is just Aaron being Aaron.It's was a rights thing for the longest time, Spider-man only survived/thrived because he was just too damn big and a solo character at that that they were willing to fight so hard/share him.

I think when they introduce mutants it will be the next big thing, like Avengers/Spider-man level big.So maybe after this whole Kang/multiverse phase we will go in the age of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Well, he does talk about quietly ignoring stuff if it doesn't fly. Given that ignored defacto not-canon is the status of Jean's role in the WHR, I wouldn't expect anything.
    I think he is literally ignoring everything about the White Hot Room, completely, even without the Jean part lmao seems to be just a mysterious place in SWORD, unrelated to the Phoenix