Page 73 of 719 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 10783

hahaha cute

cj.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    hahaha cute

cj.jpg
    Hahaha. Yeah, and you know, if they really made those Jean plush dollies, we would all have one!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I feel basically the same. I loathe shipping, shipping wars, and the ongoing debates about love interests, cheating, OTP and all that. I guess the only way to make it all work was to just have everyone in an open relationship. Everyone wins as they all lose lol!

I want the Jean Grey character to be more than the girlfriend or wife character or to be mostly associated with a male love interest. But at the same time I don't want to hate read the X-books (been there, done that). I just want to enjoy it. So I'm always looking for things that I do enjoy and I will keep reading and collecting the X-books while I continue to find things that I like about them.

Jean is likely to get a push/more focus once she is used as a team leader for the new X-men team.
    Pretty much the same for me as well.

Why I approve of the Polyamory slant is simply because I'm tired of the dysfunctional ways that all three parties have been written in their relationships under past writers. All that angsty relationship soap opera drama was entertaining for the 80's under Claremont but...it's 2021, that shyt is tedious.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

hahaha cute

cj.jpg
    Awnn

images (6).jpeg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So if the issue is characterization, how is she supposed to get serious characterization if she has limited panel time? And the panel time is mostly plot related or action heavy, which is how Hickman is utilizing most everyone else to begin with.

It strikes me more as fan entitlement than a serious issue for the most part.
    You are allowed to feel that way.

So if the issue is characterization, how is she supposed to get serious characterization if she has limited panel time? And the panel time is mostly plot related or action heavy, which is how Hickman is utilizing most everyone else to begin with.

It strikes me more as fan entitlement than a serious issue for the most part.
    Jean showed up on non actions situations too. Like other poster explained emma had fewe panel time an got better characterizations even if Hickman didn't went deeper with her. jean still showed up more and got less characterization

hahaha cute

cj.jpg
    I want one of those so bad.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Jean showed up on non actions situations too. Like other poster explained emma had fewe panel time an got better characterizations even if Hickman didn't went deeper with her. jean still showed up more and got less characterization
    What books were y'all reading?

Under Hickman, she shows up to take Sabretooth back to Krakoa and appears at his trial, she shows up meeting Charles and Erik before the space mission. Then she helps with Hordeculture and the Giant-Size book with Jean and Storm.

What characterization did you get from that compared to Jean's appearances?
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Pretty much the same for me as well.

Why I approve of the Polyamory slant is simply because I'm tired of the dysfunctional ways that all three parties have been written in their relationships under past writers. All that angsty relationship soap opera drama was entertaining for the 80's under Claremont but...it's 2021, that shyt is tedious.
    Yeah, this is where I'm at.

Most X-Men continuity once we get past Claremont is complete nonsense, including the romance plots that alternate between being trashy or boring (or both). At least this takes the drama off the table so we can focus on world building. The X-Men as a whole seem healthier sex wise than they ever have before just by being open and not being dicks to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Under Hickman, she shows up to take Sabretooth back to Krakoa and appears at his trial, she shows up meeting Charles and Erik before the space mission. Then she helps with Hordeculture and the Giant-Size book with Jean and Storm.

She's snarkier than Jean, but I'm not seeing how that isn't just business as usual for them.

EDIT: and of course Jean still snarks back at her in a good natured way, voices concerns for the morality of their space mission in HOX, tries to get Monet to come with her because she doesn't want her to die even with resurrection protocols in place, and is the first to step down from the Council when she disagrees with their inaction. Plus has the history and character to have the clout to say the "to me my X-Men" line. I want MORE, but it doesn't seem to be lacking compared to Emma who appears even less.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 02-24-2021 at 01:02 PM.

It seems like there are Hickman stans in the Jean Grey appreciation board, defending their favorite writer and dissing us for wanting our favorite character to truly shine. Most of the appreciation threads are about how our favorite characters deserve better.
    We won’t bother you in the Hickman appreciation thread, I promise.

Having said that, of course there are problems with how women are written when most of the writers and editors are white middle-aged cis men. Female characters deserve better. Comics deserve better. Comic book fans deserve better.
    Would love a Jean Grey comic written by a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

She is in character, snark and pompous.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    It seems like there are Hickman stans in the Jean Grey appreciation board, defending their favorite writer and dissing us for wanting our favorite character to truly shine. Most of the appreciation threads are about how our favorite characters deserve better.
    We won’t bother you in the Hickman appreciation thread, I promise.

Having said that, of course there are problems with how women are written when most of the writers and editors are white middle-aged cis men. Female characters deserve better. Comics deserve better. Comic book fans deserve better.
    Would love a Jean Grey comic written by a woman.
    Get Weezy back to write a Jean grey comic. Both deserve a lot more.

Hicman really attracts a lots of loyal fans, the attacks on twitter on his critics are common

Yeah, this is where I'm at.

Most X-Men continuity once we get past Claremont is complete nonsense, including the romance plots that alternate between being trashy or boring (or both). At least this takes the drama off the table so we can focus on world building. The X-Men as a whole seem healthier sex wise than they ever have before just by being open and not being dicks to each other.

They look the less sex healthy.

I want to throw way the word world building, I want characters being well characterizated
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-24-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm not a "Hickman stan" just because I have thoughts that don't align with yours. Jean has been one of my favorite characters since I've gotten into comics, and I don't think its necessary to make that kind of comment.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    We won’t bother you in the Hickman appreciation thread, I promise. .
    The issue here is thinking that there are no Jean fans who also like Hickman's run in general or see no serious issue with how he uses her, even if we want more. Or those of us for whom Morrison's Jean is our favorite iteration, despite disliking how Marvel kept her dead for too long afterward.

It's not the most welcoming atmosphere even for those that love Jean. Not all opinions on her have to be unanimous.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I am a "HiX-Man stan" and I'm a Jean Grey fan. The former has absolutely nothing to do with the latter. I can like and appreciate the former's treatment of the latter, in this thread...can I not? Even if it's flagrantly opposite to the general opinions.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-24-2021 at 01:37 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I want one of those so bad.
    I know, right? I really want one also!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!