Page 12 of 719 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Oh man, though, the idea of a Jean Grey on a team written by a completely female creative team...

The sheer POWER of that.

Other female writers I think could do well with Jean are Joelle Jones (I've heard that X-Men is her dream gig), Kelly Sue DeConnick, Marguerite Bennett, Becky Cloonan, Eve Ewing, Devin Grayson...
    I wonder how Mariko Tamaki, a writer who's runs of (SHE)HULK and Wonder Woman have been criticized for being too cerebral and lacking in traditional action, would fare helming a JEAN GREY solo.
    Psychology. Trauma, PTSD seem to be in Tamaki's playbook and I can see how Jean might lend herself to stories based around that in her capacity as what I refer to as "Dr. Grey: Psionic Psychologist" and also as someone who has survived a lot relating to those things, and survived death.
    I imagine this image from Tamaki's HULK run and replace Jennifer Walters with Jean Greys...

BANNED

I'm just thankful we still have Ben Percy. Hopefully he continues to write a strong take on the character even if others may not write her as particularly noteworthy. He's the only writer I have heard say they like Jean in particular (well, besides Rosenberg, blegh) and I hope he is the one driving her narrative.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-15-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Kevinwanda

images (5).jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    My absolute favorite Jean moment from New X-men was Jean saving Xavier by housing his consciousness in her mind. I loved it so much and not because it was a great feat but because it demonstrated the lengths she would go to to save her mentor. I know some don't appreciate Xavier because he can be shady at times, but I've always loved the daughter-father dynamic between them. Often writers focus on the son-father relationship between Scott and Xavier but it is his relationship to Jean that I love. I know before anyone says it.. it makes it worse the thoughts he had about her that was brought up again in Onslaught.. and that does taint it all but what can you do? ::sigh::

It is hard to say when Jean eclipsed Xavier in terms of telepathy but in my mind it was the New X-men era (where Beast described Jean as a grown up omega mutant). Jean also came across as an equal to Xavier in that run which I loved. The obvious answer to the telepathy question is during Dark Phoenix but as we all know that became.... complicated.
    I fell in love with Jean because of Morrison lol prior to that my little self only had the 90's animated show for a reference.

But yeah I feel like Morrison positioned the Jean character into her most logical point being the successor of Xavier's dream and solidifying the Phoenix mythos.

Taylor's Jean in X-Men Red was a continuation of that.

Well, I'm curious about read X-men 17 and see how Hickman treats Jean and if there will be mention of the phoenix. I mean, there will be the Shiar empire, the team with cyke.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I wonder how Mariko Tamaki, a writer who's runs of (SHE)HULK and Wonder Woman have been criticized for being too cerebral and lacking in traditional action, would fare helming a JEAN GREY solo.
    Psychology. Trauma, PTSD seem to be in Tamaki's playbook and I can see how Jean might lend herself to stories based around that in her capacity as what I refer to as "Dr. Grey: Psionic Psychologist" and also as someone who has survived a lot relating to those things, and survived death.
    I imagine this image from Tamaki's HULK run and replace Jennifer Walters with Jean Greys...
    Tamaki is pretty great. The way she enter the head of the characters she is writing is impressive. I think there is a lot of explore on Jean's head.
    If marvel head a graphic book like DC, it could be ideal to write about Jean without needing to worry about status quo and editors.

When is Xorce and Xmen next coming out? Its the only 2 books I get and I want a Jean fix!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    When is Xorce and Xmen next coming out? Its the only 2 books I get and I want a Jean fix!
    X-force is out this week. Get hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    X-force is out this week. Get hyped.
    Is she even going to appear in it?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Is she even going to appear in it?
    I don't think we know. She's on future covers and Ben Percy told Jean fans to stay tuned, but narratively speaking, we are supposed to think she is done with X-Force for good. Her next appearance in the book will probably be unannounced.

Grey Cafe fan film

Written/Directed by Mahmut Akay
    Produced by Adi Shankar
    Starring Scout Taylor-Compton as Jean Grey
    Billy Ashworth as Kevin Sydney
    Ryan Davies as Policeman

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Kevinwanda

images (5).jpg
    yess jean in black would be so iconic
    we can be heroes, just for one day

by Lukas Werneck

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

by Lukas Werneck
    Ugh I miss Jean's New X-men "costume" trench coat and all.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Morrison's New X-Men Jean >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>