Page 28 of 719 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128528 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Making assumptions and re-writing the story the way you THINK and BELIEVE it would be better written...

Percy and HiX-Man could have Jean and Scott and Logan arms around each other breaking the 4th wall to address their poly relationship directly to the reader and still some of you will go on and on about "OOC/not enough build-up/not My/Claremont Jean or some such...
    Things need to be developed and explained. That is how stories work

Y'all do that anyway...regardless of what's written or not written on the page so...how is this any different?
    Yeah I remember when Jean went Dark Phoenix because they gave her a wrong burger on Wendy's
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-29-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Making assumptions and re-writing the story the way you THINK and BELIEVE it would be better written...

Percy and HiX-Man could have Jean and Scott and Logan arms around each other breaking the 4th wall to address their poly relationship directly to the reader and still some of you will go on and on about "OOC/not enough build-up/not My/Claremont Jean or some such...
    I dont believe Ive done that but okay

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Things need to be developed and explained. That is how stories work

Yeah I remember when Jean went Dark Phoenix because they gave her a wrong burger on Wendy's
    Exactly. Good thing Claremont at the very least showed us why that happened and didnt just leave it up to us to decide why she went nuts. Wendys? LOL....I wonder what kind of crazy theories people would have came up with

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont believe Ive done that but okay

Exactly. Good thing Claremont at the very least showed us why that happened and didnt just leave it up to us to decide why she went nuts. Wendys? LOL....I wonder what kind of crazy theories people would have came up with
    I was using the plural you.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

I don't think it's an unfair critique to want Hickman who introduced the poly concept in the first place, tp expand upon it.

I personally don't have a problem not learning the minute detail of the exact Arrangements of Jean and Scott's polyamorous relationship. I personally think taking Jean and Scott's relationship to that next level like this is probably a stroke of Genius because it's Innovative and Progressive as hell. Especially the notion that grown adults can have multiple romantic Partners while still staying married to one another ruffled so many feathers.

I personally don't think that Hickman has any immediate plans to follow up or to detail The polyamorous relationship, now some might say why even introduce the relationship if you're not going to expand upon it but in defense of that, why not? It literally doesn't take away anything from Jean, Logan, Emma or Scott's character. If anything it kicks Jean and Scott out of the rut that they've been stuck in for decades and adds an extra layer of complexity to Jean, Scott Emma, and Wolverines feelings towards each other.

The most likely thing we'll see is that the polyamorous angle be explored by some other Rider other than Hickman and one book or another somewhere down the line. But even if it does The poly angle barely even exist in the book And seems to live solely rent-free In the minds of the anti-polygamy crowd.
    Last edited by loke13; 01-29-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Jean and Cyclops shouldnt even be together for starters. He just said he was sorry and they are together like nothing happened.

There isn't next level being poli, that is assuming being poli is a superior way of love and it isn't. I guess being genius today is just sexualizing comics like it is a HBO third rate show.

oh this take away a lot from Jean. Just put her on the same love triangle, no wonder the character in general regressed.

There isn't character development from all. Hickman is guarding some mistery thinking it is going to save sales

I still waked because my ship is happening on a TV show
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-29-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Jean and Cyclops shouldnt even be together for starters. Same for Logan. He just said he was sorry and they are together like nothing happened.
    That's like, your opinion man. Like I'm sorry that there's no scenario that exist in your brain where these four individuals can reconcile with each other and move forward as adults?

there isn't next level being poli, that is assuming being poli is a superior way of love and it isn't. I guess being genius today is just sexualizing comics like it is a HBO third rate show.
    Next level in the sense that's it's a graduated them past the petty soap opera bs/will they won't they/ Nauseating Shipping Wars that have plagued the characters for years. And lol at At the notion that Polygamy being a healthy alternative to monogamy somehow equates to sexualization of the level of an HBO show.

There isn't character development from all this time.Hickman is guarding some mistery thinking it is going to save sales
    I think Hickman has much juicier sci fi aces in the hole rather than cheap relationship drama to drive up Comic Book Sales.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That's like, your opinion man. Like I'm sorry that there's no scenario that exist in your brain where these four individuals can reconcile with each other and move forward as adults?
    So people can only move on a as adults by everyone having sex with each other?

They can't move on by being single and romacing other people? of course they can. there os too much baggage to make this believable and not abusive

Next level in the sense that's it's a graduated them past the petty soap opera bs/will they won't they/ Nauseating Shipping Wars that have plagued the characters for years. And lol at At the notion that Polygamy being a healthy alternative to monogamy somehow equates to sexualization of the level of an HBO show.
    Thre isn't nothing healthy here. Somehow people having monogamous relationship isn't healthy, but people that hurt each other deeply in poligamous is?
    Scott and Jean lived more happily than there was awful soap opera stuff.

I think Hickman has much juicier sci fi aces in the hole rather than cheap relationship drama to drive up Comic Book Sales.
    people barely cares about high concept sci-fi, they want to see good characterization that is a thing that Hickman can't do to save his life

Jean and Cyclops shouldnt even be together for starters. He just said he was sorry and they are together like nothing happened.

There isn't next level being poli, that is assuming being poli is a superior way of love and it isn't. I guess being genius today is just sexualizing comics like it is a HBO third rate show.

oh this take away a lot from Jean. Just put her on the same love triangle, no wonder the character in general regressed.

There isn't character development from all. Hickman is guarding some mistery thinking it is going to save sales

I still waked because my ship is happening on a TV show
    Woah your bias is REALLY showing. Nowhere did anyone in the comics or elsewhere say that being poly is “superior” they’re just saying that it’s a viable option. They’re barely even acknowledging it in the books so it really shouldn’t be affecting your enjoyment so much. And if your problem is with Jean and Scott then I REALLY don’t know what to tell you because they’ve been linked together since the 60s and will always be apart of each other’s lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Woah your bias is REALLY showing. Nowhere did anyone in the comics or elsewhere say that being poly is “superior” they’re just saying that it’s a viable option. They’re barely even acknowledging it in the books so it really shouldn’t be affecting your enjoyment so much. And if your problem is with Jean and Scott then I REALLY don’t know what to tell you because they’ve been linked together since the 60s and will always be apart of each other’s lives.
    I dont think I have a bias, I already say that I dont have a problem with it if fits characters and continuity. It imply doesn't fit basic criteries

they said "Poly" is the next level and that clearly is saying it is superior. People use the word next level to differenciate superior things.

What affect my enjoyment is when Writers don't develop the characters and actually regress them. that is what Hickman is doing in general.

My problem with Jean and Cyclops is essentially:
    1. not developed, they are together because of nostalgia.
    2. It makes all development from Red go away
    3. He was able to move on, so why Jean can't?
    4. It's one sided

Writers seriously need to stop writing just for male characters and start giving atention to Women characters
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-29-2021 at 09:51 PM.

I dont think I have a bias, I already say that I dont have a problem with it if fits characters and continuity. It imply doesn't fit basic criteries

they said "Poly" is the next level and that clearly is saying it is superior. People use the word next level to differenciate superior things.

What affect my enjoyment is when Writers don't develop the characters and actually regress them. that is what Hickman is doing in general.

My problem with Jean and Cyclops is essentially:
    1. not developed, they are together because of nostalgia.
    2. It makes all development from Red go away
    3. He was able to move on, so why Jean can't?
    4. It's one sided
    How does Jean being with Scott make the development of Red go away? Red had NOTHING to do with her love life or her feelings for Scott. Also what do you mean not developed? There are decades worth of comics of them together, I don’t need every new writer to spend a bunch of time explaining WHY they’re together.

How does Jean being with Scott make the development of Red go away? Red had NOTHING to do with her love life or her feelings for Scott. Also what do you mean not developed? There are decades worth of comics of them together, I don’t need every new writer to spend a bunch of time explaining WHY they’re together.
    Ask Hickman! the moment they are back together Jean lost the leader atitude and being good on fights.
    It also threw Bendis work on garbage

A lot of crap happened between then, people just don't get back together from nowhere. It needs to be developed and explained.

X-men offices are very good on crapping on Black Panther, while let Scott get away with very serious stuff.
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-29-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I don't think it's an unfair critique to want Hickman who introduced the poly concept in the first place, tp expand upon it.

I personally don't have a problem not learning the minute detail of the exact Arrangements of Jean and Scott's polyamorous relationship. I personally think taking Jean and Scott's relationship to that next level like this is probably a stroke of Genius because it's Innovative and Progressive as hell. Especially the notion that grown adults can have multiple romantic Partners while still staying married to one another ruffled so many feathers.

I personally don't think that Hickman has any immediate plans to follow up or to detail The polyamorous relationship, now some might say why even introduce the relationship if you're not going to expand upon it but in defense of that, why not? It literally doesn't take away anything from Jean, Logan, Emma or Scott's character. If anything it kicks Jean and Scott out of the rut that they've been stuck in for decades and adds an extra layer of complexity to Jean, Scott Emma, and Wolverines feelings towards each other.

The most likely thing we'll see is that the polyamorous angle be explored by some other Rider other than Hickman and one book or another somewhere down the line. But even if it does The poly angle barely even exist in the book And seems to live solely rent-free In the minds of the anti-polygamy crowd.
    Well damn! You didn't have to drop it like that. Except...you really had to drop it like that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ask Hickman! the moment they are back together Jean lost the leader atitude and being good on fights.
    It also threw Bendis work on garbage

A lot of crap happened between then, people just don't get back together from nowhere. It needs to be developed and explained.

X-men offices are very good on crapping on Black Panther, while let Scott get away with very serious stuff.
    Ok then blame Hickman... not a fictional relationship. She’s done nothing but kick ass in X-Force where she was STILL with Scott.

Ok then blame Hickman... not a fictional relationship. She’s done nothing but kick ass in X-Force where she was STILL with Scott.
    Well on X-force Scott isn't even there. I can blame both, I like romance but when written badly? That is asking me to put the blame on both. There isn't coincidences
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-29-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Scott's presence in X-Force was limited to fulfilling his new role as Captain Cameo