Page 147 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 10783
    BANNED

That gaslighting is weak lol.

No one is focused on power feats.

If I was trying to convince people something was amazing so they would stop saying it was not amazing, I would post the amazing parts.

The good news is that Jean in the Fraction Emma role will be written by Duggan and not Hickman. So while it might not be good for Jean at all, it won't be the worst we could have gotten.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 04-10-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

If I was trying to convince people something was amazing so they would stop saying it was not amazing, I would post the amazing parts.

The good news is that Jean in the Fraction Emma role will be written by Duggan and not Hickman. So while it might not be good for Jean at all, it won't be the worst we could have gotten.
    So much truth

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fraction Emma

Thanks for that Hickmann. These last years you only made us happier

Im pretty sure Duggan will do a great job with Jean just like he did with Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Im pretty sure Duggan will do a great job with Jean just like he did with Storm

1) He did a good job with her in Cable. Even if she doesn't have the biggest paneltime there's no reason to assume she'll be portrayed as weak (either in power or characterization).

2) Marauders is pretty much Kitty feat Emma's book, as it's focused on the Hellfire Club and all the related drama... So it's kind of a given that members that aren't as connected to that won't have the biggest roles. Excalibur suffers from the same problem as a magic/Otherworld/Britain book.

On an X-Men book though, about making a new team of X-Men in Krakoa, there's no thematic reason for Jean to be sidelined. In fact, with her and Scott being the founders and this team's creation happening as a result of her being dropped from the council as she and Scott went to Otherworld, if anything it makes sense for her to be core to the book's foundation.

All i know is if uncanny avengers is any indication Duggqan about to write the hell out of Jean and Pepe about to make her look the best she ever look. This team just connects on the comedic level arti, writing, i am not blown away by much but i was by uncanny avengers during his run. One thing about Duggan i've noticed reading Deadpool, Savage Avengers, Cable, marauders is he is a writer that changes his voice to support the project and that can be for me exciting. I just cant see a world where he does jean wrong. Now i'm really going to bed before i pass out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    1) He did a good job with her in Cable. Even if she doesn't have the biggest paneltime there's no reason to assume she'll be portrayed as weak (either in power or characterization).

2) Marauders is pretty much Kitty feat Emma's book, as it's focused on the Hellfire Club and all the related drama... So it's kind of a given that members that aren't as connected to that won't have the biggest roles. Excalibur suffers from the same problem as a magic/Otherworld/Britain book.

On an X-Men book though, about making a new team of X-Men in Krakoa, there's no thematic reason for Jean to be sidelined. In fact, with her and Scott being the founders and this team's creation happening as a result of her being dropped from the council as she and Scott went to Otherworld, if anything it makes sense for her to be core to the book's foundation.
    Folks , no one needs this much texts to defend to Taylor, Claremont or Weezy.

He wrote Jean for one issue and I wasn't impressed, she was very bland. I'm open to surprises of course.

Duggan is a big Emma's fanboy so there i that, he isn't a Jean grey fanboy. Same for Kitty, it is clear that Duggan is a fanboy. Now the Omega powered fellas like Iceman and Ororo weren't well served on the book.
    Duggan is also a Rogue fanboy, that is why she was awesome on UA.
    Marauders have been a really awful book on otherside

The leader is Cyclops not Jean. Being Co-leader is just a educated way to try to elevate Jean, but very little on writing makes her the Co-leader. Emma was co-leader but who was the big boss? Cyclops.

TLDR: Duggan hasn't been writing good books for some time and he usually only writer his favorites well and ignore the ret of the cast. So i'm not very excited for him writing Jean, I hope I get some good surprises and he does a good job.
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-11-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Who are Jean's fanboys writers?

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Who are Jean's fanboys writers?
    I think Tom taylor is the closest to that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    And we're getting his Jean on a monthly basis soon!!

Also, I'm so tired of the pessimism and the negativity that is "Jean Grey is nothing more than a telephone." Why are power feats all that matter to you guys? It's more than a little bit frustrating and to be fair it's not something exclusive to CBR but there's so much more to Jean as a character than her having amazing telekinetic power moments at every given second. This whole X-Men movement and her co-leading the team has been and is going to be great for her.

Is the current era ideal for her? Nah. But it's not BAD.
    Couldn't agree more. This used to be one of my favorite threads to visit but it'll become a constant cesspool of negativity, hyperbolic critiques, and petty jabs at Hickman and other writers. And the sad part about it is that it's really only a handful of posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Folks , no one needs this much texts to defend to Taylor, Claremont or Weezy.

He wrote Jean for one issue and I wasn't impressed, she was very bland. I'm open to surprises of course.

Duggan is a big Emma's fanboy so there i that, he isn't a Jean grey fanboy. Same for Kitty, it is clear that Duggan is a fanboy. Now the Omega powered fellas like Iceman and Ororo weren't well served on the book.
    Duggan is also a Rogue fanboy, that is why she was awesome on UA.
    Marauders have been a really awful book on otherside

The leader is Cyclops not Jean. Being Co-leader is just a educated way to try to elevate Jean, but very little on writing makes her the Co-leader. Emma was co-leader but who was the big boss? Cyclops.

TLDR: Duggan hasn't been writing good books for some time and he usually only writer his favorites well and ignore the ret of the cast. So i'm not very excited for him writing Jean, I hope I get some good surprises and he does a good job.
    1) Whether he's a fanboy or not is not my point, my point is that the book is (probably because of that,yes) centered around the Hellfire Club and it's kind of all about Kitty and Emma from the start. Maybe he's gonna do something to sideline Jean like some of the Marauders cast, but there's not an obvious reason like that.

2) I read Uncanny Avengers and while Rogue shined I thought it was good book and other characters got good showings too.

3) I didn't even say Jean was the leader, I said she was one of the founders and that her being dropped from the council motivated the team's creation, which is the truth.

It's like you just love to ignore what people are trying to say and just answer with the same negative things all over again... But it's been like that for years so of course. We'll see how it goes. But so far there's not a thousand reasons to already think we're in the dumpster like some people want to act like.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

You assume that I have the patience to pander to you when you've already made up your minds.

I'm not going to find the panels, but: Jean scanning the Shi'Ar's minds in X-Men #17 was pretty great. Jean communicating from the sun? Fantastic. Jean and Scott leading the X-Men into battle during X of Swords? Wonderful. Jean facing down against the two most powerful men on Krakoa and telling them in no uncertain terms, no? Also great. Jean getting up in the middle of the Quiet Council meeting before that and quitting so that she could do what she does best which is be a superhero was an amazing character moment. Just because Hickman wrote a scene where Jean died to suit a narrative and because she wasn't the central focus of two issues earlier in the run - where she shined there too by the way, just not as much - doesn't nearly mean that Hickman's Jean is bad or a telephone. You're all focused on power feats. You can say that you're not all you want to, but to deny everything that I've just said as being good or interesting leads me to believe that's all that you care for.

And then of course have Duggan having her be the steady one of the Jott relationship, being a good mother, going off on her own and holding her own all in only one issue of Cable, and what Percy has managed to do with her when she's not playing sidekick/sex kitten to Wolverine. Jean doesn't need to be the central focus of everything to be important; she's been one of the most important players on Krakoa since it was established. But there's a lot of toxic negativity and pessimism surrounding the character because of how she's been treated in the past, or because of people perceiving things that aren't true and refusing to recognize the good of what is going on.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Jean using TP is expected. She scanned minds without keeling over. Excellent.

Quitting (getting kicked off) the QC was weak.

She didn't lead anything in X of Swords (and won't in X-Men lol). She did in King in Black though, randomly.

Not even trying to put up a fight in HoX was weak.

Even Percy, who has far done better than Hix, has her shrinking away from responsibility. Weak. Though I do appreciate the assertive moments he's sprinkled in.

I'll give you Duggan not being offensive, which is why it is good news that he is running her book instead of how that could have gone.

Ultimately, she's mostly been taking a downgrade in this era.

The good news? With her in the Emma Frost role, she'll appear alot, even if she doesn't do anything that's additive. We'll get some new art consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    1) Whether he's a fanboy or not is not my point, my point is that the book is (probably because of that,yes) centered around the Hellfire Club and it's kind of all about Kitty and Emma from the start. Maybe he's gonna do something to sideline Jean like some of the Marauders cast, but there's not an obvious reason like that.

2) I read Uncanny Avengers and while Rogue shined I thought it was good book and other characters got good showings too.

3) I didn't even say Jean was the leader, I said she was one of the founders and that her being dropped from the council motivated the team's creation, which is the truth.

It's like you just love to ignore what people are trying to say and just answer with the same negative things all over again... But it's been like that for years so of course. We'll see how it goes. But so far there's not a thousand reasons to already think we're in the dumpster like some people want to act like.
    1. of course Emma and kitty are the protagonists because the writer really love them as characters

2. never read,. I know it has positive feedback. probably was good beause the avengers editors.

3. She is a founder and that means very little. I don't think she not being on council motivated anything, she could just go back if Scott let her be n x-men and on the council.

I'm not ignoring anything, the arguments are not strong, I will be positive when there is evidence of good things going wit jean.
    It has been really long time that good things doesn't happen with her

Jean using TP is expected. She scanned minds without keeling over. Excellent.

Quitting (getting kicked off) the QC was weak.

She didn't lead anything in X of Swords (and won't in X-Men lol). She did in King in Black though, randomly.

Not even trying to put up a fight in HoX was weak.

Even Percy, who has far done better than Hix, has her shrinking away from responsibility. Weak. Though I do appreciate the assertive moments he's sprinkled in.

I'll give you Duggan not being offensive, which is why it is good news that he is running her book instead of how that could have gone.

Ultimately, she's mostly been taking a downgrade in this era.

The good news? With her in the Emma Frost role, she'll appear alot, even if she doesn't do anything that's additive. We'll get some new art consistently.
    It seems like Jean is floating between teams and writers, but is not allowed to make her do hard decisions. Beast might be doing relaly bad things over on X-force, but hshe prefers to fly away instead of confront everyone and maybe keep a mole to keep a eye on him. She was waiting on Scott to form x-men.

Duggan did some offensive things over on Savage Avengers and Marauders. Not into his dumb jokes.
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-11-2021 at 03:01 PM.