Page 639 of 719 FirstFirst ... 139539589629635636637638639640641642643649689 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Is this upcoming or concept art for a storyline that never happened?
    The issue didnt come out yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Is this upcoming or concept art for a storyline that never happened?
    Avengers 50/Avengers Forever on going serie

Hi Jean stans! Didn't realize Aaron was gonna be the topic of discussion when I popped in here, but it's definitely relevant to what I was gonna ask you all!

How would you feel about Jean joining the Avengers (obviously post-Aaron)? I've always thought she'd be a great pick to represent mutants to the wider MU and be on the premiere superhero team, but I wanted to ask her fans directly

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Hi Jean stans! Didn't realize Aaron was gonna be the topic of discussion when I popped in here, but it's definitely relevant to what I was gonna ask you all!

How would you feel about Jean joining the Avengers (obviously post-Aaron)? I've always thought she'd be a great pick to represent mutants to the wider MU and be on the premiere superhero team, but I wanted to ask her fans directly
    Absolutely

She seems like the perfect pick, although taking her away from X-men won't be a popular choice

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Dude, holy ****, that "Feel better?" panel is hilarious LOL.

Any idea where it's from?
    Avengers 2013 #39

Green Scar wiped the floor with the X-Men back in WWH's tie-in, though I think a lot of the heavier hitting characters were missing (Jean included since she was dead), but even strong characters like Colossus and Emma with her diamond form made no difference, only Juggernaut put up a good fight, and Green Scar outsmarted him.

So yeah, the smart Hulks like Green Scar and Devil are a bitch to take down, since they may be even stronger than Savage, and are definitely not simple brutes.
    Yeah, and Hulk dealt w/ hellion(a TK user) by thunderclapping to burst his eardrums so he couldn't focus.Although his thunder claps have much higher feats like throwing away Fing fang foom for one, goes even higher.

And he's has no sold Cable's TK while dealing w/ an entire Avenger's roster so I take back the TK thing

Sounds like it'd be a really long battle of attrition lol.

Edit: Oh and, Jean using telepathy against the Hulk is probably before he got resistance against it, Hulk took a long time to get more defenses against stuff, at around Secret Wars, in the 80's, he still didn't have healing factor for example, mental stuff probably came later too, though I'm just guessing.
    Going to see more of his feats he has some near planetary level thunderclaps.I'm not sure Jean's tanking that, then again those are the high end feats and Jean can reconstruct w/ pink form.So yes that's what I'm thinking as well

Yeah he has massive TP resistance, to the point he's been called immune to it at times.I blanked on that, he's resisted TP strong enough for Strange, Wanda and Rider, etc. all together.

BANNED

She’s one of the main X-Men leaders. It would be terrible idea.

I always felt this was a miss opportunity on several points in time. I think right now would be kinda a bad fit, since I like her being in an X-Team trying to cement themselves as capable as the Avengers to the public.

When she came back as a teen or after her resurrection could have been interesting times to play around with this, but they never went there. Maybe when they shake up the rotation for X-Men.

That being said, yeah, as long as Aaron's not in charge of any of that. Look it what he's doing Phoenix-wise without Jean. Can't even picture what he'll do if he gets his hands on her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I always felt this was a miss opportunity on several points in time. I think right now would be kinda a bad fit, since I like her being in an X-Team trying to cement themselves as capable as the Avengers to the public.

When she came back as a teen or after her resurrection could have been interesting times to play around with this, but they never went there. Maybe when they shake up the rotation for X-Men.

That being said, yeah, as long as Aaron's not in charge of any of that. Look it what he's doing Phoenix-wise without Jean. Can't even picture what he'll do if he gets his hands on her.
    Jean also rebelled against the quiet council and made her own team of X-Men along with Cyclops. You’re right, at this point it would seem like a huge conflict of interest for her to join the Avengers as the X-Men are elected team by mutants to represent the most capable heroes to the world and not just defend Krakoan interests.

It would depend on the writer(s). Overall, I think I would love it, especially if she was treated a central member of the team.

ScreenRant wrote an article suggesting she become an Avenger earlier this year:

It's Time The X-Men's Jean Grey Joined The Avengers
    The X-Men's Jean Grey has proven herself to be one of Earth's Mightiest Heroes - which means it's time she joined the Avengers.

https://screenrant.com/x-men-jean-gr...member-worthy/

If one of you other Jean Grey scholars can provide me with context for these panels, I’d greatly appreciate it. Someone on Twitter is asking me about these scenes, but I haven’t read through this arc.

Isn’t this just the Phoenix Force pretending to be Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post

Totally agree with you. Seems like post- X-Men Red might have been a good time.

Thanks for the responses! It was something that was swirling around my head so I thought I’d ask the experts.

Seems like post- X-Men Red might have been a good time.
    This would’ve been the perfect time, actually.

I would love Jean to be on the Avengers....but she must also remain in the X-Men book too! Jean would be great for some high-power Avengers foes and outer space missions. Plus with the Avengers Jean might even meet up with Moondragon. I would love to see some interactions between them.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Totally agree with you. Seems like post- X-Men Red might have been a good time.

Thanks for the responses! It was something that was swirling around my head so I thought I’d ask the experts.
    It was, have we not go the stupid Dissambled/Age of Nate bull, the ending of Red would've been the perfect gateway for Jean to join the Avengers. Hell, the whole Namor stuff would've gone way differently considering hers was the last team he was on before he became an Avenger antagonist again.