Page 648 of 719 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658698 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Are they meant to be re-imaginings of the classic original costumes or something? Cause if this is a future vision I am rioting.
    It really reminds me of the First Class uniforms.
    Dark does not mean deep.

We're almost halfway through the first year of X-Men. What are everyone's thoughts on Duggan's characterization of Jean so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We're almost halfway through the first year of X-Men. What are everyone's thoughts on Duggan's characterization of Jean so far?
    together with the gorgeous art, the only two aspects I personally like so far about this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    together with the gorgeous art, the only two aspects I personally like so far about this series.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I love the series as a whole and, of course, Jean's characterization. What about how Duggan is writing her are you digging?

Also, Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

For the wonderfully deep conversation between Jean and Scott leading up to the announcement above, check out this tweet thread:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...97085210234884

Extraordinary Member

Seconded

BANNED

I like that Jean got up to a little bit of mischief in X-Men #5. That raised my estimation of the characterization a bit. Bought this issue solely off hearing about that bit of mischief, tbh. I agree with others that the art is kind of carrying things, as far as the series goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I like that Jean got up to a little bit of mischief in X-Men #5. That raised my estimation of the characterization a bit. Bought this issue solely off hearing about that bit of mischief, tbh. I agree with others that the art is kind of carrying things, as far as the series goes.
    I'm glad to read that you liked what she did in issue #5. I did too. As I wrote elsewhere, Duggan continues to peel back Jean’s layers, revealing her many facets and tapping into her guilt, insecurities, leadership, aggressivity, and raw power, while also underscoring that she is an unparalleled empath who, as a rule of thumb, relies on love and kindness.

I love it. Daddy is looking fine, too.
    sorry, honey, I'm afraid as Jean Super Fan No. 2 you have stared too long at her ugly green mini dress for the last two years. Hence, you have lost all your taste level!! :-p

I think you have to go to Russel Dauterman's instagram ASAP and watch his Jean drawings for 48 hours straight in order to clean your misguided fashion sense from your system again! Then you can come back here and voice your opinion about Jean's uniforms again.

sorry, honey, I'm afraid as Jean Super Fan No. 2 you have stared too long at her ugly green mini dress for the last two years. Hence, you have lost all your taste level!! :-p

I think you have to go to Russel Dauterman's instagram ASAP and watch his Jean drawings for 48 hours straight in order to clean your misguided fashion sense from your system again! Then you can come back here and voice your opinion about Jean's uniforms again.
    Well, Jean Super Fan No. 2, I feel sorry that you feel that way. I think she looks fab, and I'm not the only one. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    At first I wasn't sure how I felt about what Jean was doing, but after reading the whole issue, it doesn't bother me. It's messy, but in a Jean way. It comes from a place of love and best intentions, not maliciousness.
    The important thing is that she cares. In this area she always cared.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The important thing is that she cares. In this area she always cared.

I love these moments. Great finds!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Also, Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

For the wonderfully deep conversation between Jean and Scott leading up to the announcement above, check out this tweet thread:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...97085210234884
    That was Very Sweet and a Historic Joy to Read, Thanks for Sharing that on this Thanksgiving 2021 Mercury! :-)

Happy Thanksgiving 2021 to The Jean Grey Thread and Fans! =)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That was Very Sweet and a Historic Joy to Read, Thanks for Sharing that on this Thanksgiving 2021 Mercury! :-)

Happy Thanksgiving 2021 to The Jean Grey Thread and Fans! =)
    You're welcome! And Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

I love the issue where Jean proposes to Scott. It is a favorite of mine. I love how they talk about the Phoenix years and again it was a good reminder that Phoenix did have the heart and soul of Jean Grey and this issue makes it clear it was Jean's humanity that led Dark Phoenix to commit suicide. It still places Jean as the hero in that story despite the retcon and it reaffirms what we learnt in Inferno that a part of Jean's soul was always there in the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix years.

I did read X-men 5 and I liked it a lot. Great stuff for Polaris. She's becoming a dynamic character again and it is great. I didn't see much problems with what Jean did. I actually like it when telepaths do somewhat questionable things - and let's face it all the telepaths are shown to do questionable things. Jean just went with Lorna's first instinct and she knew what it was because of her vast telepathic powers. People say it was like Teen Jean all over again but recall it was Claremont that had Jean change others minds - re: Dark Phoenix Saga when Jean/Phoenix changed Kitty's parents minds. This as something Jean would do was established way before Bendis.