Page 604 of 719 FirstFirst ... 104504554594600601602603604605606607608614654704 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    We’re not saying she needs the phoenix force. I think the distinction needs to be made.

The phoenix force can go away for all I care since it’s been passed around so much and is beyond convoluted.

However, she can still use the name, costume and imagery without being connected to the force. That’s exactly what she did during the late 90s-early 2000s before Morrison. She was Phoenix with the name, imagery, sometimes the costume without the phoenix force and it was great.
    Well you can check January solicits. Let’s say things are not great for Echo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Marvel Woman feels like a too generic name and does not evoke "Jean Grey" for me. Phoenix obviously is the one that fits her and her most famous one, but since Marvel has other plans, it's better that she uses her real name, which has become iconic itself.
    Not sure if Marvel actually had actual real long term plans. More like Aaron was just let to go crazy with his toes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Well you can check January solicits. Let’s say things are not great for Echo.
    It's just solicit text. Remember Echo just got this status quo like an issue or two ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It's just solicit text. Remember Echo just got this status quo like an issue or two ago.
    Oh, I know it’s just solicit text. And things still are not looking great for Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    In X-force and in Wolverine, and it's still canon regardless of what book it happpens in and Scott is aware.
    A fling that's still going on that is

And this, also I don't think Logan and Jean are exclusive in the first place
    What issues of Wolverine had Jean and Logan romantic? To my knowledge thats only been in 1 issue of X-Force (2 if you count that psychic nightmare as real). There really is no evidence that anything is going on with Jean and Logan, especially since she moved out of the Moon House and into the Central Park base with Scott

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What issues of Wolverine had Jean and Logan romantic? To my knowledge thats only been in 1 issue of X-Force (2 if you count that psychic nightmare as real). There really is no evidence that anything is going on with Jean and Logan, especially since she moved out of the Moon House and into the Central Park base with Scott
    Aside from X force pool scene there was a coffee breath scene(which is in X-force 18 now that I think about it, not Wolverine.My bad), but it was def. real though, why wouldn't it count?Also Storm saying Jean would not be happy all but confirms it, they have dated in the past so it's not like they are the problem.It's clear Storm is saying he's w/ Jean and thus this isn't a good idea.

I don't know the extent of it because writers are vague but they def. have something going on, that's just undeniable.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-23-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Aside from X force pool scene there was a coffee breath scene(which is in X-force now that I think about it, not Wolverine.My bad).Also Storm saying Jean would not be happy all but confirms it, they have dated in the past so it's not like they are the problem.It's clear Storm is saying he's w/ Jean and thus this isn't a good idea.

I don't know the extent of it because writers are vague but they def. have something going on, that's just undeniable.
    That coffee break scene happened when Jean was getting a psychic nightmare; how much of that is real is questionable. Also that Storm statement was back in XOS. It doesnt confirm anything but even if it did, that was quite a while ago which goes back to my original thought that there isnt any evidence of anything at the moment

Extraordinary Member

That coffee break scene happened when Jean was getting a psychic nightmare; how much of that is real is questionable. Also that Storm statement was back in XOS. It doesnt confirm anything but even if it did, that was quite a while ago which goes back to my original thought that there isnt any evidence of anything at the moment
    Dude she was having an attack same as Sage, doesn't mean Sage wasn't drinking at the bar.It was very real.We also see Scott ask Jean to come to bed and she is sleeping w/ him in the next issue when the cuckoo asks for help IIRC.
    It does, they(Storm and Logan) dated before and Jean was never a problem/topic and Storm here is single, very clearly Jean on Logan's side is the problem.That's like saying we haven't seen a couple in comics for a time so they must have broken up, unless they address it they are still in whatever "fling" that they were in.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-23-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Dude she was having an attack same as Sage, doesn't mean Sage wasn't drinking at the bar.It was very real.We also see Scott ask Jean to come to bed and she is sleeping w/ him in the next issue when the cuckoo asks for help IIRC.
    It does, they(Storm and Logan) dated before and Jean was never a problem/topic and Storm here is single, very clearly Jean on Logan's side is the problem.That's like saying we haven't seen a couple in comics for a time so they must have broken up, unless they address it they are still in whatever "fling" that they were in.
    When this era of X-men started, we didnt know what the deal was with Scott and Jean for the longest time. That was kept vague until we started seeing alot of consistent evidence of their relationship over many books, so that we can reasonably say that they are together. That hasnt been the case with Jean and Logan. One writer had them kiss (twice) and he himself hasnt fully committed to the idea of them being an item. We'll have to agree to disagree but IMO, they started with a wimper and went nowhere. The place to expound upon this would have been Wolverine's solo series but Jean is a nonfactor there

As for your last point, they arent a couple so this doesnt apply. The books have never formally addressed what they are so if they aren't doing anything together anymore, that doesnt need to be addressed. Logan has had many brief flings; are we to believe he remains sexually linked to all woman perpetually unless said otherwise. No
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-23-2021 at 02:47 PM.

BANNED

When this era of X-men started, we didnt know what the dal was with Scott and Jean for the longest time. That was kept vague until we started seeing alot of consistent evidence of their relationship over many books, so that we can reasonably say that they are together. That hasnt been the case with Jean and Logan. One writer had them kiss (twice) and he himself hasnt fully committed to the idea of them being an item. We'll have to agree to disagree but IMO, they started with a wimper and went nowhere. The place to expound upon this would have been Wolverine's solo series but Jean is a nonfactor there
    At this point to be honest there’s no way to say they are an item. After setting in Krakoa things were festive and Jean and Logan hooked up. Having sex with someone a few times doesn’t mean a permanent ongoing thing.

Extraordinary Member

When this era of X-men started, we didnt know what the deal was with Scott and Jean for the longest time. That was kept vague until we started seeing alot of consistent evidence of their relationship over many books, so that we can reasonably say that they are together. That hasnt been the case with Jean and Logan. One writer had them kiss (twice) and he himself hasnt fully committed to the idea of them being an item. We'll have to agree to disagree but IMO, they started with a wimper and went nowhere. The place to expound upon this would have been Wolverine's solo series but Jean is a nonfactor there

As for your last point, they arent a couple so this doesnt apply. The books have never formally addressed what they are so if they aren't doing anything together anymore, that doesnt need to be addressed. Logan has had many brief flings; are we to believe he remains sexually linked to all woman perpetually unless said otherwise. No
    It was more than a kiss, we've seen the classic zoom out used multiple times and it's almost always a hook up.The connected rooms,Storm etc. is just more proof that something is up.

Well the women usually end up dead or he gets w/ someone else, as of right now they are in a "fling" until we either are told they are not or their next interactions make it clear that's all over w/.

You do you but the fact you were denying the Coffee breath scene and other stuff feels like you're reaching, I don't much care either way.We'll just wait and see

I've started a thread covering some of what Jean was forced to grapple with after her return. It centers on her learning about Madelyne, who Scott and the team kept secret from her for close to a year. It'll cover pivotal moments leading up to her confrontation with Madelyne during Inferno, the confrontation itself, and the aftermath, which saw Jean struggling after having reabsorbed the fragment of her essence which animated both the Phoenix clone and Madelyne, causing her to retain both of their memories.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...60418663452678

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I've started a thread covering some of what Jean was forced to grapple with after her return. It centers on her learning about Madelyne, who Scott and the team kept secret from her for close to a year. It'll cover pivotal moments leading up to her confrontation with Madelyne during Inferno, the confrontation itself, and the aftermath, which saw Jean struggling after having reabsorbed the fragment of her essence which animated both the Phoenix clone and Madelyne, causing her to retain both of their memories.

This is ancient history for many of us, and after awhile it gets boring and nonsensical.

There good things about X-Factor. Like it created Apocalypse. And Ship.

The stupid drama and the is she or isn’t Phoenix, the idea of a clone are just absurdly poor writing. It wasn’t all that great at the time, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Thanks. I will take a look soon. I love the original X-factor. Though I wasn't happy with some of it when I first read it.. I now look on that era fondly. It is one of my favorite versions of Jean.

As for her codename I prefer just Jean Grey especially if Phoenix isn't an option. I loved it when Jean went by Phoenix in the mid 90's to early 2000s.

I have come to accept Jean being back with Cyclops but I wish Jean got to be free from Cyclops and Wolverine a little longer. The X-men Red days were too brief.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 10-23-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    This is ancient history for many of us, and after awhile it gets boring and nonsensical.

There good things about X-Factor. Like it created Apocalypse. And Ship.

The stupid drama and the is she or isn’t Phoenix, the idea of a clone are just absurdly poor writing. It wasn’t all that great at the time, either.
    I understand how you feel. However, many of her fans, particularly newer ones, aren't familiar with this aspect of her history. Those first three years following Jean's return are important to cover.