Page 423 of 719 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Great find, Omega_DCD!

I wonder if this amplification can work against those who attempt to raise a magnetic field to shield themselves against Jean, i.e., could she hurt them even more with her telepathy?
    I think it can go both ways, maybe depends on the wavelength of the field, or polarization, to either permit or block certain wavelengths from passing through....Magneto used to use his EM to block telepathy (it's how he was able to surprise attack everyone at Illyana's funeral in UXM 304)...not to mention the way he hampered long range telepathy by messing with the earth's EM field....but it can also amplify, and that's basically how Cerebro/a works.

I think by chance, either in this instance or just Lorna's natural default magnetic resonance, her field proved to be highly compatible with whatever wavelength/frequency Jean was emitting and Jean picked up on it.

I also thought of the last episode of X-men TAS when I read Jean and Lorna in issue 2. My brother and I used to kind of poke fun at how Jean said "His brainwaves are electromagnetic". TAS Jean was sort of dramatic in her delivery at times ..

Duggan is doing great with Jean and I am thrilled. I loved her tk feat of throwing the logs at the bugs. I'd prefer more of those type of tk stunts than the tk bubble. I like that Jean can do forcefields but I don't find them that interesting. Lorna can have the force bubbles and the shields imo. After all the months of us being worried about Jean and where the character was going we should be able to sigh with relief. Duggan gets her and he is interested in showing her as a capable leader, a compassionate/empathic person, who happens to also be a powerful tp/tk.

Pepe's art makes me forget that I have issues with the MG costume - thought it would be nice for Jean to eventually get a costume upgrade.

Love this moment:

This is one of my favorite issues from the 90s. This issue was also one of Sara Century's fav Jean issues if I recall correctly from the Jean Grey episode from the Cerebro Podcast. I love it when Storm and Jean work together and support one another.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I also thought of the last episode of X-men TAS when I read Jean and Lorna in issue 2. My brother and I used to kind of poke fun at how Jean said "His brainwaves are electromagnetic". TAS Jean was sort of dramatic in her delivery at times ..

Duggan is doing great with Jean and I am thrilled. I loved her tk feat of throwing the logs at the bugs. I'd prefer more of those type of tk stunts than the tk bubble. I like that Jean can do forcefields but I don't find them that interesting. Lorna can have the force bubbles and the shields imo. After all the months of us being worried about Jean and where the character was going we should be able to sigh with relief. Duggan gets her and he is interested in showing her as a capable leader, a compassionate/empathic person, who happens to also be a powerful tp/tk.

Pepe's art makes me forget that I have issues with the MG costume - thought it would be nice for Jean to eventually get a costume upgrade.
    what is so dramatic about saying brainwaves are electromagnetic? I see that as Jean being highly intelligent and knowing both her and his powers.

I feel the opposite. I love Jean's TK Bubble and Force Fields. I think when Jean flys into an unknown scene, she should be surrounded by a TK bubble so that if something is fired at her it just repels away. Flying in with just TK, she could be knocked out of the air.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean should be able to do that to Magneto!
    Jean did project an illusion through Magneto’s helmet during Eve of Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Jean did project an illusion through Magneto’s helmet during Eve of Destruction.
    That is correct, and I count that as Jean being able to penetrate Magneto's helmet and mental defenses.

I just have not seen Jean TP through his magnetic force field itself.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I think it can go both ways, maybe depends on the wavelength of the field, or polarization, to either permit or block certain wavelengths from passing through....Magneto used to use his EM to block telepathy (it's how he was able to surprise attack everyone at Illyana's funeral in UXM 304)...not to mention the way he hampered long range telepathy by messing with the earth's EM field....but it can also amplify, and that's basically how Cerebro/a works.

I think by chance, either in this instance or just Lorna's natural default magnetic resonance, her field proved to be highly compatible with whatever wavelength/frequency Jean was emitting and Jean picked up on it.
    Jean did mention that what Lorna put up was a 'heavy magnetic field'...and her telepathy passed through. So not sure why Jean have to specifically mention it was 'heavy'...i assume, her telepathy can pass through formidable magnetic fields, including magneto's...but I guess we'll just see.

I am enjoying these last 2 issues so far, she seems to be *truly* co-leading, not some second fiddle type leadership. So am happy.

what is so dramatic about saying brainwaves are electromagnetic? I see that as Jean being highly intelligent and knowing both her and his powers.
    They just meant it was Catherine Disher's delivery of the line, not that Jean came up with it and told Magneto how he could save Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    They just meant it was Catherine Disher's delivery of the line, not that Jean came up with it and told Magneto how he could save Xavier.

Oh. Well, they all sound dramatic on TAS.

For instance in the clip you just posted, scott opens with, "We want to talk to you!", logan says, "he'd want us to!", and mags says, "The humans have condemned us all!".

This all sounds dramatic just reading it and even more so listening to your clip of it.

Oh. Well, they all sound dramatic on TAS.

For instance in the clip you just posted, scott opens with, "We want to talk to you!", logan says, "he'd want us to!", and mags says, "The humans have condemned us all!".

This all sounds dramatic just reading it and even more so listening to your clip of it.
    Oh yeah, they were all dramatic as can be but while they had their moments, I think Storm's voice actress wins for most dramatic of all! lol

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    I am enjoying these last 2 issues so far, she seems to be *truly* co-leading, not some second fiddle type leadership. So am happy.
    It really does feel wonderful seeing Jean written well and in a central role in the flagship title again, doesn’t it? I’ve pretty much loved everything Duggan has written for Jean going back to Cable. There’s a dignity and regality even to the voice he gives her. She’s like this team’s sage mother/sister, though he knows how to showcase her fun side (see Planet Size X-Men #1). I’ve also noticed a sharply discerning wariness to her that I quite like.

Last edited by Mercury; 08-07-2021 at 11:51 AM.

The same happens to me with Pepe's art. Imagine if we had a new Jean outfit made by him </3 it pains me to think of the possibilities hahah

It really does feel wonderful seeing Jean written well and in a central role in the flagship title again, doesn’t it? I’ve pretty much loved everything Duggan has written for Jean going back to Cable. There’s a dignity and regality even to the voice he gives her. She’s like this team’s sage mother/sister, though he knows how to showcase her fun side (see Planet Size X-amen #1). I’ve also noticed a sharply discerning wariness to her that I quite like.

I like the tone Duggan takes in those scans as well. It feels like she is burdened with knowledge that could make or break in not just whether they will live, but whether the solar system will.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I like the tone Duggan takes in those scans as well. It feels like she is burdened with knowledge that could make or break in not just whether they will live, but whether the solar system will.
    Or more like she is keeping a keen eye on things and pixels of a picture are gradually sharpening to form and reveal a larger, more cohesive image. A good portion of this has to do with the way Larraz has drawn her in the above panels. He depicts her as thinking about and knowing much more than she is disclosing, which could be how Duggan described her in his notes to him.

Astonishing Member

It really does feel wonderful seeing Jean written well and in a central role in the flagship title again, doesn’t it? I’ve pretty much loved everything Duggan has written for Jean going back to Cable. There’s a dignity and regality even to the voice he gives her. She’s like this team’s sage mother/sister, though he knows how to showcase her fun side (see Planet Size X-Men #1). I’ve also noticed a sharply discerning wariness to her that I quite like.

I love how Jean is waiting to share the information with Scott which makes sense considering he's the tactical leader of the X-men.