Page 641 of 719 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643644645651691 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 10783

This has me psyched!

Spoiler-light review starts at 1 hour, 1 minute, and 25-30 seconds.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You type like Spideyfan001 �� I can’t get over it. It’s too cute.
    Oh no they're figuring it out

(ps IIRC I was inspired by Luks quoting method so all credit goes to them)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I knew he's one of the clones .
    We might have to kill them all and start over soon

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Oh no they're figuring it out

(ps IIRC I was inspired by Luks quoting method so all credit goes to them)

We might have to kill them all and start over soon
    Haha! 😂 That explains a lot.

Also, don’t bother trying to hide from a telepath…

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Ugh... Can someone, please, tell Duggan Jean Grey is *not* Emma Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Ugh... Can someone, please, tell Duggan Jean Grey is *not* Emma Frost?
    Let me guess. You're having issues with her depiction in #5?

She's done this before and, as the scene is written, it makes sense. I'm loving how Duggan is writing her.

Let me guess. You're having issues with her depiction in #5?

She's done this before and, as the scene is written, it makes sense. I'm loving how Duggan is writing her.
    He has written her like this and it made me really worried before. That's why.

Another one who wrote her like that? Bendis. Which is one of the reasons I hate this O5 depictions.

Honeymoon is over as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad you're enjoying this, though.

He has written her like this and it made me really worried before. That's why.

Another one who wrote her like that? Bendis. Which is one of the reasons I hate this O5 depictions.

Honeymoon is over as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad you're enjoying this, though.
    When Bendis had her do it, it was because she was immature and not fully prepared to handle her powers, which she had just become fully aware of. In this case, she does it based on what she heard just before. Also, the person later approves.

I like that Duggan is gradually exploring both her passive and aggressive sides, both of which are integral to her character.

When Bendis had her do it, it was because she was immature and not fully prepared to handle her powers, which she had just become fully aware of. In this case, she does it based on what she heard just before. Also, the person later approves.

I like that Duggan is gradually exploring both her passive and aggressive sides, both of which are integral to her character.
    All the O5 had been written as teenagers decades before. Bendis didn't have to imagine what they were like. He *chose* to disregard previous, canonical portrayals of them because... I don't know. Maybe he didn't like them. Maybe he thought they were outdated and needed drastic changes. Maybe he thought he could do better.

It doesn't matter his intentions. He did *not* respect their characterizations in many regards.

Now Duggan is doing exactly the same.

spoilers:
    Jean has a temper and is capable of doing non-ethical things with her TP when the situation requires her to do it. Jean doesn't decide she should do it unless she sees no other alternative. She doesn't act on her personal belief that it will be good for someone. If Lorna talks herself out of things, it is for a *reason*. A reason that has to be treated with talk/telepathic therapy, not dealt with by forcing a person to be a in situation. Jean used to know that and respect people's boundaries! Again: she's *not* Emma Frost.
    end of spoilers

But seriously: if you're enjoying this, I'm happy for you. I'm not. I'm 1 meh issue away from quitting comics altogether again.

All the O5 had been written as teenagers decades before. Bendis didn't have to imagine what they were like. He *chose* to disregard previous, canonical portrayals of them because... I don't know. Maybe he didn't like them. Maybe he thought they were outdated and needed drastic changes. Maybe he thought he could do better.

It doesn't matter his intentions. He did *not* respect their characterizations in many regards.
    He wrote them as they were "decades before" at the very beginning of his run. However, he did allow them to realistically grow and evolve based on their time displacement. It would have been highly unrealistic if the O5 had not changed, considering their circumstances.

Now Duggan is doing exactly the same.

spoilers:
    Jean has a temper and is capable of doing non-ethical things with her TP when the situation requires her to do it. Jean doesn't decide she should do it unless she sees no other alternative. She doesn't act on her personal belief that it will be good for someone. If Lorna talks herself out of things, it is for a *reason*. A reason that has to be treated with talk/telepathic therapy, not dealt with by forcing a person to be a in situation. Jean used to know that and respect people's boundaries! Again: she's *not* Emma Frost.
    end of spoilers
    Duggan has been criticized for having Jean say that "love and kindness" are her "weapons." I'm sure you won't be the first to criticize him for now having her do what she did. Personally, I find both moments - her own Gala speech and her "alteration" in this issue - characteristic of her.

It's also important to note that the person she chose to do this with is someone she has known since before she was intimate with Scott. They have shared crucial, pivotal moments in each other's lives. This person is like family to her. I trust that she telepathically figured out that the person would have regretted acting on her second impulse later.

But seriously: if you're enjoying this, I'm happy for you. I'm not. I'm 1 meh issue away from quitting comics altogether again.
    I am highly enjoying this but feel bad that you are not. I've been where you are and it's not a nice feeling.
    Last edited by Mercury; 11-24-2021 at 02:41 AM.

He wrote them as they were "decades before" at the very beginning of his run. However, he did allow them to realistically grow and evolve based on their time displacement. It would have been highly unrealistic if the O5 had not changed, considering their circumstances.
    But when the writer breaks the characters' internal logic, he’s *actually* just using the “circumstances” to justify writing them whatever way he pleases.

Duggan has been criticized for having Jean say that "love and kindness" are her "weapons." I'm sure you won't be the first to criticize him for now having her do what she did. Personally, I find both moments - her own Gala speech and her "alteration" in this issue characteristic of her. After all, the person she chose to do this with is someone she has known since before she was intimate with Scott. This person is like family to her. I trust that she telepathically figured out that the person would have regretted acting on her second impulse later.
    Even so. Boundaries are boundaries. It doesn’t matter if the person is a patient, a friend or family. Jean used to understand and respect that.

And It’s also not matter if that ended up being a good thing for Lorna or not. It’s a matter of Jean’s characterization.

Duggan wrote Jean acting like Emma. It makes sense for Emma. I’m not bashing her. It’s one of the things that makes her interesting. But Jean is *not* Emma. And Jean doesn't need that to be interesting on her own merit.

I am highly enjoying this but feel bad that you are not. I've been where you are and it's not a nice feeling.
    It certainly isn’t. :(

I have no problem with what Jean did re. Lorna. We saw the distortion in Lorna's words which made me think straight up something was up but having it explained made perfect sense. The unity vote was suppose to be about being open and honest as noted by the magical observers and external that were present so if Lorna was not being honest, which she was not with herself and others the vote would have been tainted imo and defeated the purpose. If lorna wanted no part she should have stood up and said so when the nominees were announced or right after the vote but it's evident she wanted to be a part of the team and the data page gives even more nice insight.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I have no problem with what Jean did re. Lorna. We saw the distortion in Lorna's words which made me think straight up something was up but having it explained made perfect sense. The unity vote was suppose to be about being open and honest as noted by the magical observers and external that were present so if Lorna was not being honest, which she was not with herself and others the vote would have been tainted imo and defeated the purpose. If lorna wanted no part she should have stood up and said so when the nominees were announced or right after the vote but it's evident she wanted to be a part of the team and the data page gives even more nice insight.
    Serious question. Not trying to be challenging or anything.

You have no problem with Jean (or any telepath) forcing Lorna (or anyone) to be honest?

Serious question. Not trying to be challenging or anything.

You have no problem with Jean (or any telepath) forcing Lorna (or anyone) to be honest?
    She didn't force her to be honest. She spoke her first thought and this voting session was pimped as pure honesty between all involved. So i would put the onus on lorna to not take part if she didn't want to be honest. All jean did was stick to the parameters for what the moment was suppose to be about and lorna admits herself jean was right. The difference with Bobby imo is it was personal, it was a moment between them, and Bendis had bobby be upset whereas lorna was curious and so she spoke to jean like an adult and was satisfied with the answer.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She didn't force her to be honest. She spoke her first thought and this voting session was pimped as pure honesty between all involved. So i would put the onus on lorna to not take part if she didn't want to be honest. All jean did was stick the parameters for what the moment was suppose to be about and lorna admits herself jean was right.
    Again... not trying to annoy you, okay? Just understand each other.

Do you see that sometimes people aren't "honest" because they can't? Because they're not ready and they have other issues to deal with *before* they can be "honest"?

Again... not trying to annoy you, okay? Just understand each other.

Do you see that sometimes people aren't "honest" because they can't? Because they're not ready and they have other issues to deal with *before* they can be "honest"?
    I see your point i just disagree. If your not ready to be honest in an honest moment don't be part of it. When they called her name she could have said "no" there and moved on. So what if she said anyone but me and they still voted for her, would that be forcing her to do something she didn't want to do? Would she had stepped down then?

edit: and your not annoying me at all. ^_^. Your very civil with your ideas and opinions.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.