Page 210 of 719 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 10783

So the priority is Jean holding hands with Scott.

Funny thing is that Jean can be kicked out and Scott have basically solo advantures. But Jean fans can't desire the same for her

I just want to know what will happen with Jean when writers get tired of her and Scott again.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Percy is such a bad writer
    I think he is average, there is some interesting beats but his work on Jean left a lot to be desired. But I also blame editors and of course hickman on that too
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-16-2021 at 06:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    So the priority is Jean holding hands with Scott.
    I mean, to the people that matter, holding Cyclops' hand, catfighting his exes, and raising 20-year-old babies from the future are her main roles so...

What else would you have her do? Exploring her potential as a mutant and leader is toxic because it takes away from her main roles, so she can't be doing stuff like that.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-16-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Writers learned how to get away with not writing Jean, just put her together with Scott and let her go with the flow with him.
    Appeal to shippers will always work.

I see Scott and Jean together and I can only have negative feelings, lots of wrong things swept over and a regression of her character

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    Maybe the best answer is the easiest one. Jean is being manipulate for Xavier to do what he needs to be done. So the old uniform is the proof that this is the "weak and manipulable" Jean. It would be funny that the answer was in front of us all this time
    Many have speculated this or something similar.

In a way I hope it’s true. In the short term it sucks because I don’t WANT Jean to be manipulated. But in the long term it revives any possibility of me getting back into the xmen anytime soon, as it means this wasn’t the Jean I thought it was all along.

If anything fishy is going on on krakoa, Jean has to be instrumental in uncovering and confronting it, IMO. She is now canonically THE (along with Quentin) omega telepath. So If something sketchy is going on, she will be instrumental and finally have a pivotal role. If something fishy is going on and she ain’t involved, well, no love lost for me because I’m already tepid on the current state of things.

In a way this is good. It means things will either stay the same
    Or get better, not worse, as a Jean fan. (Looking for the silver lining here).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Many have speculated this or something similar.

In a way I hope it’s true. In the short term it sucks because I don’t WANT Jean to be manipulated. But in the long term it revives any possibility of me getting back into the xmen anytime soon, as it means this wasn’t the Jean I thought it was all along.

If anything fishy is going on on krakoa, Jean has to be instrumental in uncovering and confronting it, IMO. She is now canonically THE (along with Quentin) omega telepath. So If something sketchy is going on, she will be instrumental and finally have a pivotal role. If something fishy is going on and she ain’t involved, well, no love lost for me because I’m already tepid on the current state of things.

In a way this is good. It means things will either stay the same
    Or get better, not worse, as a Jean fan. (Looking for the silver lining here).
    I totally agree with you. Like I said some posts ago, Jean would be *the* character to question some stuff in Krakoa. And she's so influential amongst the most influential (non-former-villains) of them, that things would start to crumble really quick.

Did you guys read this interview? https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/17/x-...gan-interview/

I have to say, I'll give the book an honest try, but after comparing the tone of his answers about the individual characters... I'm not expecting great things for Lorna or Jean... *sigh* I mean, who are they anyway? The two first X-women or something?

Marvel doesn't deserve Jean...

I really dont see any issue

I wouldn’t worry yet. Let’s see how Duggan uses Jean in Planet size and X-men 1. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt.
    I’m excited for his Rogue and Sunfire but I think he will do well with Jean. She may not get the focus we want, but I expect her to be a decent co-leader, be heroic, and likely the character that provides emotional support to the rest of the team. She will also be Scott’s partner so she will be involved with whatever Scott’s story/arc is -for better or for worse depending on one’s thoughts about that.

What he says about each character in the X-Men team:

"Cyclops is the coolest. We love him. We always loved him. (...)"

"Rogue’s always been a favorite. She’s got a messy start. Like all the greats. (...)"

"Huge fan of Shiro. Again, another complicated rearview, great powerset and killer uniform. Great potential. (...)"

"(...)I will say — I’m excited to write her [Laura] because I never have. (...)"

"There are certainly big Synch stories on the way. "

"I don’t feel the pressure of fans, just my own expectations and that of my collaborators. If CB [Cebulski] and Jordan are happy, and my artists are happy, the fans have every shot at happiness. I can’t unmake a fan of Polaris, I can only make them not a fan of mine, and I’m only trying to deliver ideas to my artist to turn into moonshots. So, yes, sure, as you said. Lots of pressure in the Polaris business."

"(...) Marvel Girl has as much to do as the boundary between the council and the X-Men as Cyclops. She’s leaving the government of Krakoa to take an even more critical job: making sure there is a world for Krakoa to exist on."

---

It was the most bureaucratic answer of all of them.

I don't expect all writers to be a fan of hers, after all, people have different tastes. But if you're writing the flagship, you love the X-mythos and you have the privilege of writing Jean Grey, I'd expect you showed some reverence for what she represents.

There was so much he could have said without spoiling anything and without professing any love or excitement to write her... The fact he didn't do it, doesn't inspire me much confidence. That's all.

Again: I'm hoping to be proved wrong. I'll give this book an honest try.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-17-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    What he says about each character in the X-Men team:

"Cyclops is the coolest. We love him. We always loved him. (...)"

"Rogue’s always been a favorite. She’s got a messy start. Like all the greats. (...)"

"Huge fan of Shiro. Again, another complicated rearview, great powerset and killer uniform. Great potential. (...)"

"(...)I will say — I’m excited to write her [Laura] because I never have. (...)"

"There are certainly big Synch stories on the way. "

"I don’t feel the pressure of fans, just my own expectations and that of my collaborators. If CB [Cebulski] and Jordan are happy, and my artists are happy, the fans have every shot at happiness. I can’t unmake a fan of Polaris, I can only make them not a fan of mine, and I’m only trying to deliver ideas to my artist to turn into moonshots. So, yes, sure, as you said. Lots of pressure in the Polaris business."

"(...) Marvel Girl has as much to do as the boundary between the council and the X-Men as Cyclops. She’s leaving the government of Krakoa to take an even more critical job: making sure there is a world for Krakoa to exist on."

---

It was the most bureaucratic answer of all of them.

I don't expect all writers to be a fan of hers, after all, people have different tastes. But if you're writing the flagship, you love the X-mythos and you have the privilege of writing Jean Grey, I'd expect you showed some reverence for what she represents.

There was so much he could have said without spoiling anything and without professing any love or excitement to write her... The fact he didn't do it, doesn't inspire me much confidence. That's all.

Again: I'm hoping to be proved wrong. I'll give this book an honest try.
    His answers for Jean was the most meh. He even said that Scott will have a huge story.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

His answers for Jean was the most meh. He even said that Scott will have a huge story.
    I mean this is only book cyclops will be in, Jean will still show up in x-force.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean this is only book cyclops will be in, Jean will still show up in x-force.
    I'm a huge fan of Cyclops too. It makes me happy that he'll have a big story. I want all of them to shine. But that includes Jean too.

So what ? It's not a Jean Grey solo book, it's a team book

As long as each member is important and both Jean and Scott are recognized as capable leaders, I don't see what the problem is

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    She left X-Force, so she only makes guest appearances sometimes. X-Men is her main book and the one in charge of her development.

I'll wait for it though. The question was also framed as in regards to her leaving the council and joining the X-Men so he focused on that, I guess.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

And I mean, I think that Jean choosing to leave the ruling council of Krakoa to form a superhero team is such an in-character thing to do. Jean is one of the most altruistic members of the X-Men and when it comes to heroic characters in the Marvel universe, Jean is one of the first characters that I think about. It's been a core part of her ideologies since the original team that she wants to make the world a better place. She couldn't do that just sitting on the Quiet Council and being outvoted on things, or being forced to do things that she would never be comfortable with on X-Force. So this was her answer to that.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 05-17-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey