Page 640 of 719 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650690 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I haven't revisited Whedon's Astonishing in a while, but I think that's when Emma/Cassandra Nova launch her psychic attack on Scott and made him re-live some memories, including the time the Phoenix took Scott's v-card in Arizona. This was meant to be the post-sex conversation.

I may be miss-remember the order of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    She seems like the perfect pick, although taking her away from X-men won't be a popular choice
    She can always check Wolverine's memories to learn how he manages to be in 50 different teams and still have enough time for solo adventures .

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Avengers 2013 #39
    Thanks.

Yeah, and Hulk dealt w/ hellion(a TK user) by thunderclapping to burst his eardrums so he couldn't focus.Although his thunder claps have much higher feats like throwing away Fing fang foom for one, goes even higher.

And he's has no sold Cable's TK while dealing w/ an entire Avenger's roster so I take back the TK thing
    That kind of **** makes me wonder how anything in those bad futures manage to kill him lol.

Going to see more of his feats he has some near planetary level thunderclaps.I'm not sure Jean's tanking that, then again those are the high end feats and Jean can reconstruct w/ pink form.So yes that's what I'm thinking as well

Yeah he has massive TP resistance, to the point he's been called immune to it at times.I blanked on that, he's resisted TP strong enough for Strange, Wanda and Rider, etc. all together.
    Can be worth pointing out that Hulk may be "stronger than usual" at times, and WWH is definitely one of those cases, the story points out a lot he's angrier than he's ever been, therefore, much stronger, just because Green Scar managed to beat up the X-Men that much back in WWH, doesn't mean he'd be able to do so again when he's not as as pissed.

In other words, while Hulk having one of those "planet destroying claps" under his feats is nice, worth keeping the context in mind, if he was specially pissed and whatnot, and very importantly to remember, which personality was in control doing those feats, since they have different strength levels, and Devil Hulk in particular is pretty unusual, since he doesn't like following rules, I think he was managing to kill characters he should not kill as easily, so I guess Devil could be a counter pick for Jean, 'cause the more magic nature he has means he could hurt her more than the other personalities if he hits her...

Y'know, discussions like this might be why we got so many of those awful heroes vs heroes events .

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    How would you feel about Jean joining the Avengers (obviously post-Aaron)? I've always thought she'd be a great pick to represent mutants to the wider MU and be on the premiere superhero team, but I wanted to ask her fans directly
    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    That being said, yeah, as long as Aaron's not in charge of any of that. Look it what he's doing Phoenix-wise without Jean. Can't even picture what he'll do if he gets his hands on her.
    I find it hilarious how Aaron is such an infamous name here, to the point it's gotta be pointed out "Not if Aaron is writing" lol.

If one of you other Jean Grey scholars can provide me with context for these panels, I’d greatly appreciate it. Someone on Twitter is asking me about these scenes, but I haven’t read through this arc.

Isn’t this just the Phoenix Force pretending to be Jean?
    That's Astonishing X-Men#13 and #14 vol 3, by Joss Wheedon, and it's not Jean or Phoenix, it's Emma, doing one of her weird fucked up attempts at therapy that somehow works, think the point of this was for Scott to face his traumas to remove the mental blocks, and she's doing so to make him be able to control his optic blasts.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-23-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I haven't revisited Whedon's Astonishing in a while, but I think that's when Emma/Cassandra Nova launch her psychic attack on Scott and made him re-live some memories, including the time the Phoenix took Scott's v-card in Arizona. This was meant to be the post-sex conversation.

Seconded, this is what this was IIRC

It was exploring Scott's trauma

No actual Jean btw, although Emma did mentally dress up(even the face, she TP'ed herself as Jean for Scott) as her for Scott and it's apparently one of his "favorite outfits"

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

If one of you other Jean Grey scholars can provide me with context for these panels, I’d greatly appreciate it. Someone on Twitter is asking me about these scenes, but I haven’t read through this arc.

Isn’t this just the Phoenix Force pretending to be Jean?
    Astonishing X-Men 14, Whedon's run.

EDITED: That's not Jean.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 11-23-2021 at 01:18 PM.

It was, have we not go the stupid Dissambled/Age of Nate bull, the ending of Red would've been the perfect gateway for Jean to join the Avengers. Hell, the whole Namor stuff would've gone way differently considering hers was the last team he was on before he became an Avenger antagonist again.
    So true about the Age of Nate storyline. Also, I hadnÂ’t realized that about Namor. Her work with him in both Jean Grey and X-Men: Red was great. I love the respect he had for her.

I kinda wish they hadn't separated her from the Phoenix and then have her join as the modern counterpart of the Avengers BC Phoenix. But it would be Aaron writing so it'd probably be **** anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I kinda wish they hadn't separated her from the Phoenix and then have her join as the modern counterpart of the Avengers BC Phoenix. But it would be Aaron writing so it'd probably be **** anyway.
    Which is such a shame too because one of my favorite Marvel works was his God butcher/Godbomb arc in Thor. Can we get THAT Aaron back and have him write a Cosmic Jean solo.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Which is such a shame too because one of my favorite Marvel works was his God butcher/Godbomb arc in Thor. Can we get THAT Aaron back and have him write a Cosmic Jean solo.
    Aaron tends to be better at solo stuff. When he's in a team setting, with lots of lore access, he just goes nuts. Which yeah, some times can be fun, but I feel the Phoenix in particular doesn't benifit with all this tampering. It barely survive AvX and now... well, I guess we'll see how Echo does.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    She can always check Wolverine's memories to learn how he manages to be in 50 different teams and still have enough time for solo adventures .

Thanks.

That kind of **** makes me wonder how anything in those bad futures manage to kill him lol.

Can be worth pointing out that Hulk may be "stronger than usual" at times, and WWH is definitely one of those cases, the story points out a lot he's angrier than he's ever been, therefore, much stronger, just because Green Scar managed to beat up the X-Men that much back in WWH, doesn't mean he'd be able to do so again when he's not as as pissed.

In other words, while Hulk having one of those "planet destroying claps" under his feats is nice, worth keeping the context in mind, if he was specially pissed and whatnot, and very importantly to remember, which personality was in control doing those feats, since they have different strength levels, and Devil Hulk in particular is pretty unusual, since he doesn't like following rules, I think he was managing to kill characters he should not kill as easily, so I guess Devil could be a counter pick for Jean, 'cause the more magic nature he has means he could hurt her more than the other personalities if he hits her...

Y'know, discussions like this might be why we got so many of those awful heroes vs heroes events .

I find it hilarious how Aaron is such an infamous name here, to the point it's gotta be pointed out "Not if Aaron is writing" lol.

That's Astonishing X-Men#13 and #14 vol 3, by Joss Wheedon, and it's not Jean or Phoenix, it's Emma, doing one of her weird fucked up attempts at therapy that somehow works, think the point of this was for Scott to face his traumas to remove the mental blocks, and she's doing so to make him be able to control his optic blasts.
    You type like Spideyfan001 😂 I can’t get over it. It’s too cute.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Thanks.

Just because Wolverine was once in the Avengers does not mean Jean can join. All
    Mutant members have left them the Avengers. Even the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, whom they seem to be restoring to mutants, are not actively serving Avengers.

I’m pretty sure Jean is absolutely not going to be an Avenger.

It could have thematically worked for her to join Morrison era. Or for Jeen to join or even for Jean to join after her resurrection.

But not now.

You type like Spideyfan001 �� I can’t get over it. It’s too cute.
    I knew he's one of the clones .

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Just because Wolverine was once in the Avengers does not mean Jean can join. All
    Mutant members have left them the Avengers. Even the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, whom they seem to be restoring to mutants, are not actively serving Avengers.

I’m pretty sure Jean is absolutely not going to be an Avenger.

It could have thematically worked for her to join Morrison era. Or for Jeen to join or even for Jean to join after her resurrection.

But not now.
    I mean, I'm not exactly in favor of Jean joining the Avengers (Nor am I against it, don't care about Avengers right now), I just decided to make a joke about Wolverine's omnipresence.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    as a fan of both Jean and Rachel I'm having a stroke XD

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    as a fan of both Jean and Rachel I'm having a stroke XD
    It’s dizzying, frankly.

It’s dizzying, frankly.
    I'm feeling personally attacked, someone has to stop him

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I'm feeling personally attacked, someone has to stop him
    It’s beyond the pale at this point.