Page 647 of 719 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 10783
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    It looks good on Jean but kinda funny in Scott lol
    Agreed, looks weird on scott

Jean speaking bad Spanish was fun lmao I love her

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    I have failed you, I like it too
    Lol. You’re too cute

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBlackout View Post
    Sorry if it's already been posted, Jean in the ilusion/vision of Tony Stark in today's Iron Man #14Attachment 115772
    Bad layout. Bad color-scheme. 90s adherence.

If a new look is coming, let's hope it is not this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Jean speaking bad Spanish was fun lmao I love her
    It was fun but if you think about it, writers should try to write other languages properly, at least they should ask someone who knows

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Lol. You’re too cute
    We are together in this one

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Bad layout. Bad color-scheme. 90s adherence.

If a new look is coming, let's hope it is not this.
    It’s freaking hideous on both Scott and Jean.

We are together in this one
    I think what I like most about it is how sleek it is and the prominence of the color black. I wouldn't mind a military green for the middle part. Actually, I like the yellow. I don't know...I just instantly loved it when I saw it.

Also, Scott looks delicious in it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I think what I like most about it is how sleek it is and the prominence of the color black. I wouldn't mind a military green for the middle part. Actually, I like the yellow. I don't know...I just instantly loved it when I saw it.

Also, Scott looks delicious in it.
    I love the black, I am totally in with black costumes and yes with the yellow: Sold to this lady

It was fun but if you think about it, writers should try to write other languages properly, at least they should ask someone who knows
    Yeah, it would have been easy since both Larraz and Pina are from Spain so they just had to ask, heh. But it was an ok mistake. There have been worse like, the Children of the Vault in Carey’s Supernovas xD got me laughing all the time for how bad the Spanish was.

I love Nightcrawler‘s attempts to speak German (words). I’m actually getting upset when his grammar is correct. lol �� that’s not his real authentic voice to me then! lol

I don't check out this thread for one day and we get 6 pages lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Oh no they're figuring it out

(ps IIRC I was inspired by Luks quoting method so all credit goes to them)
    Unlike everything else in my life, I do like to keep forum conversations organized .

We might have to kill them all and start over soon
    Hey, you're one of the clones, your funeral then .

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    All the O5 had been written as teenagers decades before. Bendis didn't have to imagine what they were like. He *chose* to disregard previous, canonical portrayals of them because... I don't know. Maybe he didn't like them. Maybe he thought they were outdated and needed drastic changes. Maybe he thought he could do better.
    Bendis' method is to write whatever he wants, however he wants lol.

He likes to write Hawkeye as someone who's kill happy, when he's really against killing usually... He just liked Ultimate too much, 'cause kill happy Hawkeye is closer to Ultimate Hawkeye, I think he even made an artist draw Dazzler like her Ultimate counterpart.

So I wouldn't be surprised of the way O5 Jean is acting is closer to Ultimate Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I feel like there needs to happen a larger debate about "mutant ethics". The idea that psys are non-ethical by reading minds is weird to me. They actively have to stop themselves reading the minds of others. They will still hear the thoughts of others every time the lose concentration. I think the concept of privacy is a very human one.
    Yeah the concept of privacy is human, and as much as mutants like to say otherwise, they're human, and while it's not fair to treat a telepath badly if they invade privacy by accident, it's still understandable for the person who had their privacy invaded to be pissed.

People have secrets, maybe they won't say tell those secrets because they're traumatic, or it's embarassing, or they just don't want other people to know that specific thing just because, a telepath coming around, and reads your mind, now they know that thing you didn't want anyone to know, and that sucks even if it wasn't intentional.

I wished we would get more of those debates in X-Men comics what it really means to be a psy talent like Jean and what it also does to a psyche of a human being. I think the explanation why Empath became the monster he is in the Hellion series, was super interesting in this regard. His mutant powers made him a psychopath. Not the other way around.
    I think at the very least, a telepath would be a bit cynical if he or she reads minds around, because people usually aren't who they say they are, 'cause they may say one thing, think another thing, but then do something else, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it can be harder to trust someone if you see so many contradictions, and even being able to read someone's mind doesn't mean you can understand them, 'cause knowing what someone thinks, doesn't mean you know why they think like that, even if you know what they're feeling at the moment, it's complex nonsense.

I wished the concept of Krakoa as a "mutant society" will get pushed further. But X-Men by Duggan's feels already like the old status quo, unfortunately...I guess when Hickman leaves the book are in hight risk to lose their interesting concepts...
    So once things go back to normal, will "Xavier's mansion explodes" become "Krakoa gets nuked"? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I love Nightcrawler‘s attempts to speak German (words). I’m actually getting upset when his grammar is correct. lol �� that’s not his real authentic voice to me then! lol
    Reminder he once called Jean a camisole:

(X-Men#136).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Doesn't it also mean "sweetheart" or "dearest"?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Jean changing Lorna's answer made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Doesn't it also mean "sweetheart" or "dearest"?
    According to a German friend, that would be "Liebchen", and "Leibchen" is close enough, so I can see why that typo happened lol.