Page 78 of 719 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 10783
    BANNED

Geez, People are saying that XoS was a good showing for Jean? Literally everything that happened during XoS was just diabolical and baddddd. Really if you are trying battle cry against most of the "fodder"(not to mention she was like "what Scott will tell me do. I will do." stuff) to save your poor helpless friends then I guess you just have to realize that Jean doesn't have standards.

As for X-Men 8, the Brood stories are not exasperating enough, Jean as "mind reader" can be replaced with majority of TP characters and it still be the same. And there are lots of TP characters.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    She was always in control, I miss her
    Attachment 106580
    It's a great template to how write adult Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m actually really curious how did a lot of you feel about Teen Jean? She got a lot of focus during her time but she obviously wasn’t the OG.
    I didn't like her history and connections being absent (because she was the teen version) but she was shown to have a lot of moxy and power, not just in terms of her super powers, but as a character/person.

Unfortunately, today's Jean, when away from the mostly safe hands of Benjamin Percy, has nothing close to the same strength of character or mutant abilities.

I wish Percy featured her more, but we are going to be stuck with Hickman's boring and lame take.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I’m actually really curious how did a lot of you feel about Teen Jean? She got a lot of focus during her time but she obviously wasn’t the OG.
    At the time, I enjoyed her because I missed Jean so much. However, I don't think Bendis', Or Hopeless', Jean was particularly good. Mind controlling friends, the whole Bobby thing, and her overall persona didn't always gel with how I thought Jean should be written.

Obviously this Teen Jean wanted to be different, and makes sense seeing as how she wanted to change her future, but I don't miss that incarnation at all. I much prefer adult Jean, and her being a contemporary with her peers (Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops).

I did enjoy the pink form though, and how Bendis wrote Jean as powerful. I wish other writers would try to reutilize the pink form, because I think its the best thing from that era, and I continue to be frustrated that no one does.

BANNED

I doubt they are allowed to use the pink form. JDW says she regards that as something she used to do in the past. That sounds like an edict.

I loved Teen Jean. I find myself missing the character. I do think the teen 05 coming to the present story went on way too long. Teen Jean wasn't saint Jean, she made mistakes. She was learning about herself and about her powers. She was relatable. She was powerful but not always in control of her powers. She was shown to be a powerful telepath but she also had very strong tk. I loved the pink form because it gave Jean something different with her powers. She was more fiery than current adult Jean. She was horrified to learn about her fate and she was determined to change the course of her life. I didn't like the almost pairing with Beast, but I loved that she became a leader of the teen 05. She had a a lot of focus and was in a starring role. When adult Jean came back it looked like she would continue to be in a major starring role. X-men Red spoiled us but it wasn't meant to last.

I might be in the minority here but I loved Dennis Hopeless' Teen Jean and Ghost Jean. I thought he did great with the voice of both characters. Early on I thought the voice talking to Teen Jean was that of adult Jean. I never understood those who had a problem with adult Ghost Jean's voice. It was the Teen Jean Grey solo that brought me back to X-men full time. Right before it came out I had been reading the trades of Bendis' X-men runs for the Teen Jean stuff (initially I wasn't interested in her because I thought she was an alternate reality character but I quickly fell for Teen Jean).

Now I'm back hooked on X-men (I dip in and out and have done so since I was 11 years old -which was back in 1992 or so).

I always wanted to like teen Jean but Bendis writing was so absolutely horrible at this time. Really bad comicbooks. So I cannot miss her at all.

I just want to take a moment to appreciate how Jean has been portrayed as of late.

She's not just a love interest anymore. She's a wife and mother who loves her family and will do anything to protect them.

She's a tough fighter who will take on the likes of Knull without hesitation.

She's a loyal friend who will call out those same friends when they cross lines, as she did in X-Force and Wolverine.

She's a powerful voice among mutant affairs, having sat on the Quiet Council.

I still miss her in X-Men Red, but I cannot recall a time when Jean Grey has been more balanced and well-written.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I always wanted to like teen Jean but Bendis writing was so absolutely horrible at this time. Really bad comicbooks. So I cannot miss her at all.
    I liked Bendis run, he made me tolerate some chaacter at least haaha. At the end it was a mess, it was true, but the most important is that

His Jean Grey teenager started very roough but I liked it.

We all talk about how Aaron tells bad stories about Phoenix, but Jean Grey solo and phoenix ressurrection were crappy stories about Phoenix and also crap stories about Jean grey

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I only read Teen Jean in Extraordinary X-Men. I wasn't reading EXM just for her, though so...She was...a'aight, I guess.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bendis started off with the naive Jean from Lee and Kirby and then she matured the more she learned about the present.
    I don't know why she ditched the boys after Secret Wars but Laura took a bullet for her.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I only read Teen Jean in Extraordinary X-Men. I wasn't reading EXM just for her, though so...She was...a'aight, I guess.
    It could have been an interesting take, having Teen Jean interact with some of her older version's friends but Lemire never really took advantage of that. She felt out of place and the O5 as a whole suffered in this era. ANX2 really could have benefited from her staying there. The one issue that she appeared in was the best in the series

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bendis started off with the naive Jean from Lee and Kirby and then she matured the more she learned about the present.
    I don't know why she ditched the boys after Secret Wars but Laura took a bullet for her.
    I remember Cyclops did something bad, she lost her faith and went to study on college. Then Ororo arrived to sow how mists were killing mutants, then she returned to Extraordinary

Someone briefly mentioned Ghost Jean in Jeen’s solo. I was never fully satisfied with how they incorporated Ghost Jean (lack of incorporation, more like) into adult Jean’s return story. How do you guys feel about Ghost Jean? Do you see her as a fragment of the actual adult Jean Grey, they never really successfully explained how Ghost Jean and the Jean in Phoenix Resurrection were related. I never understood how there was a spectral Jean fully aware of her history in Jeen’s series and then a amnesiac Jean Grey in PR, I like to think that Ghost Jean was a little piece of adult Jean’s essence summoned by Dr Strange, maybe Ghost Jean could have even been a psychic phenomena conjured by Jean in the Phoenix Egg like the other psychic phenomena that appeared in PR like Seamus Mellencamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Someone briefly mentioned Ghost Jean in Jeen’s solo. I was never fully satisfied with how they incorporated Ghost Jean (lack of incorporation, more like) into adult Jean’s return story. How do you guys feel about Ghost Jean? Do you see her as a fragment of the actual adult Jean Grey, they never really successfully explained how Ghost Jean and the Jean in Phoenix Resurrection were related. I never understood how there was a spectral Jean fully aware of her history in Jeen’s series and then a amnesiac Jean Grey in PR, I like to think that Ghost Jean was a little piece of adult Jean’s essence summoned by Dr Strange, maybe Ghost Jean could have even been a psychic phenomena conjured by Jean in the Phoenix Egg like the other psychic phenomena that appeared in PR like Seamus Mellencamp.
    I dont think they were intended to be related. Hopeless was doing his own thing in the solo and then Marvel decided to bring back Jean in PR. He tried to make the finale a PR tie-in but it was handled sloppy and there were inconsistencies that werent addressed in the mini. Best not to think on it too much. Jean's return was rushed and didnt get the proper planning she deserved