Page 200 of 719 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Or bring Jeen back, and do a good job writing her. Or just let Jeen impact the current Jean since she remembers being her.
    Jean should remember her time as teen. It was a huge part of extermination

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    One-shot ----
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, just a one-shot, but I guess it is to get things started off in this new direction.

I Hope we see lots of Jean moments, sprinkled with powerful and unique uses of TP and TK.
    I am cautiously optimistic. I just want writers that get her. She is kind and caring, but also a fighter with a temperament. Some writers just focus on the kind and caring parts.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Thanks!

I am cautiously optimistic. I just want writers that get her. She is kind and caring, but also a fighter with a temperament. Some writers just focus on the kind and caring parts.
    Welcome.

I also want to see Jean shown as "a real person" with emotion and depth. Good writing can do it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Binge-reading All-New X-Men with teen Jean. Almost every issue has amazing feats from Jean. She is powerful, yes, but she also uses her powers in creative ways. Re-reading it makes me feel joy.

Binge-reading All-New X-Men with teen Jean. Almost every issue has amazing feats from Jean. She is powerful, yes, but she also uses her powers in creative ways. Re-reading it makes me feel joy.
    Lol, yes, we all need a little Jean Joy!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yea incorporating Jeen’s memories and some traits into her current writing would help a lot.

They hinted at this in xmen red when Cassandra said, with fear, “you’re more powerful than you used to be.”

I don’t need feats often.b but jeen had some very good qualities that current writers would do well to embrace and showcase more often.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Happy mother's day!

"Come here, Nathan, and listen closely... no matter what happens to you in your life... the way you look... the choices you get called on to make... the times you feel so alone you're sure you're the only person who has ever felt the way you feel at the moment... know that you're not a freak. Always know that there are people who care for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Yea incorporating Jeen’s memories and some traits into her current writing would help a lot.

They hinted at this in xmen red when Cassandra said, with fear, “you’re more powerful than you used to be.”

I don’t need feats often.b but jeen had some very good qualities that current writers would do well to embrace and showcase more often.
    Jeen's qualities are exactly the kind of qualities Hix and JDW don't want in their main character's love interest lmao

She was way too independent and determined within herself. It's bad enough that she was powerful in terms of special abilities, but the willful personality traits are way too much for them.

Jean's current status is basically Hickman freaking out and revolting against what Jeen was.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-08-2021 at 11:39 PM.

Like I promised, some Jean Grey's Fashion.

She starts with a look more that is more traditional, still influenced by the 50s fashion, but she goes to a more beatnik style and even some Mod. All very trendy in the 60s. She wore yellow often, she frequently wore accessories to complete the looks which could be described as feminine, well-fitted and elegant. It's funny to see how her skirts got shorter. It's also very in line with the fashion changes of that decade. :)

Now, in the 70s, her the style is updated. She still wears lots of dresses and skirts (always well-fited around the waistline), she often wears accessories. The sexiness is taken up a notch (or several, for evening gowns) as she's not a teenager anymore. Green becomes the favoured colour, but she certainly wears other colours as well.

For the 80s, the style is updated again to match the clothes that were trendy at the time as more and more women got into the offices and even worked as the bosses (shoulder pads included!). Same characteristics: lots of dresses, well-fitted around her waistline and accessories. Special bonus for an actual sexy/glamorous sleepwear! :)

Now, I could try to find something worth saving in the 90s, but the artists often drew all of them as clowns. :D

Anyway, there you go: 3 decades of Jean's sexy/modest/feminine/elegant style.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jeen's qualities are exactly the kind of qualities Hix and JDW don't want in their main character's love interest lmao

She was way too independent and determined within herself. It's bad enough that she was powerful in terms of special abilities, but the willful personality traits are way too much for them.

Jean's current status is basically Hickman freaking out and revolting against what Jeen was.
    We see tat x-men editorial was very reactionary about Jeen rcharacterization and Jean on x-men Red. They removed these characterizations and ignore that they existed.

Funny that they allow Scott to have some Champions adventures, but Jean isn't allowed the same level of characterization that Jeen had

Cool collages Grinning Soul. Thank you for posting all of these. Some very fine JG moments.

I love these collages! Thank you for them!

Is Claremont’s ”X-Men Forever” a decent read? I am almost done re-reading Bendis’s ”All-New X-Men” and I need my next ”powerful and confident Jean” fix. An alternate reality will have to do, as long as the quality is decent.

Is Claremont’s ”X-Men Forever” a decent read? I am almost done re-reading Bendis’s ”All-New X-Men” and I need my next ”powerful and confident Jean” fix. An alternate reality will have to do, as long as the quality is decent.
    It has bad reputation but i was never interesting on reading it. So IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Like I promised, some Jean Grey's Fashion.

She starts with a look more that is more traditional, still influenced by the 50s fashion, but she goes to a more beatnik style and even some Mod. All very trendy in the 60s. She wore yellow often, she frequently wore accessories to complete the looks which could be described as feminine, well-fitted and elegant. It's funny to see how her skirts got shorter. It's also very in line with the fashion changes of that decade.

Now, in the 70s, her the style is updated. She still wears lots of dresses and skirts (always well-fited around the waistline), she often wears accessories. The sexiness is taken up a notch (or several, for evening gowns) as she's not a teenager anymore. Green becomes the favoured colour, but she certainly wears other colours as well.

Jean is very stylish. Too bad it got lost on time