Page 316 of 719 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Rang10, I publicly admitted in this thread or another conversation that you were 110% right about the X-Men turning bad. In the wake of the Gala with how Emma reacted to Hank McCoy and his genocide or possible genocide in Terra Verde, it is clear as day the X-Men and their X associates have become war criminals and worse. They are super baddies. You were right that they have gone bad.

However, I’m enjoying the turn of events, like I enjoy Darth Vader and the evil empire, or Goodfellas, or Godfather. We’re just not reading about heroes anymore in the X books. I always liked Empire Strikes Back. As such, I am okay with this strange turn.

Just remember, there was a lot of Jean influence on Phoenix. Maybe we should not be too surprised that a woman who is okay with frying 5 billion asparagus people would also be down with covering up war crimes in Terra Verde.
    Alright, good that you are seeing the light. I don't think all x-men turned bad, but they choose a corupt leadership and it will cost them a lot. It already cost innocent people their lifes

Jean never fried any brocolis. It wasn't Jean grey. Well een if it ws if you cared to read, she ate a sun and it exploded. Phoenix never planned on genocide. The fault fall on Emma and Mastermind

I'm still not sure it was written like she covered the crime, it needed better explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Well Jean was a part of it even with the retcon but I'm fine with blaming the D'Bari on the Phoenix lol Usually I hate retcons but some like Moira at least add something to the mythos. I'd hate a retcon absolving Scott of the affair. Retcons like that I can't with. In real life you have to own your mistakes and try to be better.
    What happened with Jean was domino effect. She got a lot of power, was doing fine and then someone decided to twist her entire being.
    Phoenix and Jean are a symbiotic relation like Brock/venom. If one get a unbalanced, it will screw the whole reltiontionship.
    For me the retcon cleaned some of the BS of Byrne drawing broolli where it should be a dead planet.
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-22-2021 at 02:47 PM.

Im hoping we see more of Jean tomorrow.

Well Jean was a part of it even with the retcon but I'm fine with blaming the D'Bari on the Phoenix lol Usually I hate retcons but some like Moira at least add something to the mythos. I'd hate a retcon absolving Scott of the affair. Retcons like that I can't with. In real life you have to own your mistakes and try to be better.
    Same and its unnecesary bc it didnt ruin him nor make him an unviable character

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2021/0...pents-in-eden/

The question is posed at about 26:11
    Answer starts at about 26:41, the spoilers come a bit later at 27:53

I transcribed the spoiler for Lucyinthesky, but English is not my first language either, so apologies if there's any mistake:

spoilers:
    "If these bad people had been using David Haller's brain as a model to find ways to expedite emm... the-the social decay of Krakoan society... The way they figured out how to do that is to inject something which makes everybody a little more selfish, a little bit more... emm... aggressive, a little bit more violent, a little bit more sensory emm... a little bit less empathetic than out here in the real world. That's what they tried to achieved by inserting Onslaught".
    end of spoilers

Please, if you want to comment, be careful with the spoilers, okay?
    Really interesting stuff. I don't think it explain everything spoilers:
    like why everyone just accepted krakoa and Xavier/magneto leadership, villains on prominent positions
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Rang10, are you really banned again? In case you can still read it, I'll reply.

spoilers:
    It doesn’t explain why they even went to that island in the first place. But on top of Onslaught's influence, there are so many weird things about this Krakoa society that could be interfering with their personalities/decisions. Recently, I discussed 10 other possibilities, based on stuff in the comics with Lucyinthesky. Those things might be other factors as well.
    end of spoilers

Disappointing day for Jean fans. She doesnt appear in any of the Gala issues that Im aware of (have yet to check out X-Factor). Her role in Legends was a letdown. She does nothing but hold that baby. The story was kind of a waste overall

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Disappointing day for Jean fans. She doesnt appear in any of the Gala issues that Im aware of (have yet to check out X-Factor). Her role in Legends was a letdown. She does nothing but hold that baby. The story was kind of a waste overall
    Legacies has been a disappointment, I was expecting something better generally speaking.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean earned much needed glasses of champagne and to put her feet up after all she did in PS:XM...just literarily and literally a few minutes ago...MU-time.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-23-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As you know but in case others missed it Scott, Jean, and Wolverine are in the background of scenes in the Pride issue. I found that interesting.

X-men Legends was a bit disappointing.

As you know but in case others missed it Scott, Jean, and Wolverine are in the background of scenes in the Pride issue. I found that interesting.

X-men Legends was a bit disappointing.
    I guess pegging her boyfriends makes her lgbt+ lol

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Being polyamorous makes you part of the LGBT+ community, yes.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Really? So polygamist like say a fundamentalist mormon be considered part of the lgbt+ community?

I'm not sure the answer but I am inclined to say yes they are included or at least can be included. In a way I was excited to see them in the Pride issue though it was just in the background. It definitely feeds the discussion about their relationship status. I loved seeing Logan and Scott hug (whether it is just friendship or something more).

At first I wasn't sure of this whole thing but it has grown on me.

The September solits looked interesting. At least now we have more of an idea of the villain for the first arc of the new X-men book. Exciting times! I can't wait for Duggan's X-men book and then for Hickman's Inferno.

Being polyamorous doesn't inherently make you LGBT. It's not a sexual orientation or gender, just a way to nagivate relationships. It's common to have MMF or FFM throuples (or more) where they're all with each other which involves some same-sex stuff but there are countless other ways to be polyamorous or be in a poly relationship that are completely hetero.

I bet that the artist snuck them in there with the implication of Scott/Logan being a thing... Maybe Marvel didn't mind cause it's just a random cameo that's not gonna really affect anything, or didn't even notice. Either way Carol and Rhodey are there so they could argue that they're there as allies too.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Being polyamorous doesn't inherently make you LGBT. It's not a sexual orientation or gender, just a way to nagivate relationships. It's common to have MMF or FFM throuples (or more) where they're all with each other which involves some same-sex stuff but there are countless other ways to be polyamorous or be in a poly relationship that are completely hetero.

I bet that the artist snuck them in there with the implication of Scott/Logan being a thing... Maybe Marvel didn't mind cause it's just a random cameo that's not gonna really affect anything, or didn't even notice. Either way Carol and Rhodey are there so they could argue that they're there as allies too.
    This. Polyamory has nothing to do with gender or sexuality. Don't conflate them. The artist was probably having some tongue-and-cheek moment given how the boards dream of a Logan-Scott-Jean three-way (or just Logan -Scott moment).

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Do you guys know if there is any chance Jean might appear in another book (in more than a background cameo) before X-Men#1?

It's more than a month to go...