Page 317 of 719 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Do you guys know if there is any chance Jean might appear in another book (in more than a background cameo) before X-Men#1?

It's more than a month to go...
    I hope she does but it seems like she'll just be the cover/cameo queen until X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Being polyamorous doesn't inherently make you LGBT. It's not a sexual orientation or gender, just a way to nagivate relationships. It's common to have MMF or FFM throuples (or more) where they're all with each other which involves some same-sex stuff but there are countless other ways to be polyamorous or be in a poly relationship that are completely hetero.
    well, I disagree. I think it is important to recognize at least that there are forms of queer heterosexuality as well.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Do you guys know if there is any chance Jean might appear in another book (in more than a background cameo) before X-Men#1?

It's more than a month to go...
    There's always a chance she'll show up in X-Force as Wolverine's Girlfriend and the last issue of the gala is coming up.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I hope she does but it seems like she'll just be the cover/cameo queen until X-men
    Maybe X-Force? Although, I'd prefer if she didn't appear there anymore, despite missing her. I wish she would appear in New Mutants, depending on how the story progresses too, but I think it's unlikely. :(

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait patiently and hope it pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    There's always a chance she'll show up in X-Force as Wolverine's Girlfriend and the last issue of the gala is coming up.
    Yeah... I hope not. I don't want her to be baby-sitting Quentin either. I think that since her role in the team is over, let her move on already.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-24-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Oh! There's still Cable next week, right?

Do you think she'll get to, at least, say goodbye to kid Cable?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Oh! There's still Cable next week, right?

Do you think she'll get to, at least, say goodbye to kid Cable?
    She's in it. The preview was released, I actually came here to talk about it.

I love that Jean doesn't agree with Scott and agrees that adult Cable needs to come back, and she seems to have made Charles agree as well. Nate was always a momma's boy and it makes sense to me that Jean would agree out of necessity.

I wonder, though, if we'll see more of her than in the preview.

That said I think between XoS, PSXM, and Cable I can say that I love Duggan's voice for Jean. She's assertive and empathetic, not afraid to take charge and make decisions all on her own, and absolutely not just an extension of her husband. It's wonderful to see her in this position and I'm looking forward to X-Men even more with each passing week.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I wish I could eat apples like jean does
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    She's in it. The preview was released, I actually came here to talk about it.

I love that Jean doesn't agree with Scott and agrees that adult Cable needs to come back, and she seems to have made Charles agree as well. Nate was always a momma's boy and it makes sense to me that Jean would agree out of necessity.

I wonder, though, if we'll see more of her than in the preview.

That said I think between XoS, PSXM, and Cable I can say that I love Duggan's voice for Jean. She's assertive and empathetic, not afraid to take charge and make decisions all on her own, and absolutely not just an extension of her husband. It's wonderful to see her in this position and I'm looking forward to X-Men even more with each passing week.
    Wow! She actually has lines! It's more than I hoped for.

spoilers:
    She said they have to fight together. I hope she's actually part of it. That would make me so happy! :)

I'm glad she sees it differently than Scott. It's not the first time something like this happens and I kinda like it that the roles are reversed when it comes to their family and he's the more emotional and she's the more practical one. It makes sense when you think she came from a stable family unity and he lost his so young. Those two have such interesting dynamics! :)

Also, I have no problem with their disagreeing. It's not the first time it happens either and healthy couples disagree. Besides, it was never a reason for silly drama amongst them: they would normally respect each other's perspectives when it happened.

I'm looking forward to those two last issues now! :)
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I wish I could eat apples like jean does :(
    Tk is too handy. So handy I said it many times that if I was ever given that power, I'd become the laziest person ever.

Imagine peeling pineapples with this level of control! :D

I think this independence that Duggan gives to Jean is cool. Remember SoX.

Wow! She actually has lines! It's more than I hoped for.

spoilers:
    She said they have to fight together. I hope she's actually part of it. That would make me so happy!

I'm glad she sees it differently than Scott. It's not the first time something like this happens and I kinda like it that the roles are reversed when it comes to their family and he's the more emotional and she's the more practical one. It makes sense when you think she came from a stable family unity and he lost his so young. Those two have such interesting dynamics!

Also, I have no problem with them disagreeing. It's not the first time it happens either and healthy couples disagree. Besides, it was never a reason for silly drama amongst them: they would normally respect each other's perspectives when it happened.

I'm looking forward to those two last issues now!
    end of spoilers
    She’s probably tired of tidying up wi-fi bedroom, Jean’s not one that misses good opportunities when they are served on a silver platter.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Tk is too handy. So handy I said it many times that if I was ever given that power, I'd become the laziest person ever.

Imagine peeling pineapples with this level of control!
    Pineapples are fun, my first job as chef in a 5 star hotel involved taking care of the breakfast buffet for 100+ clients each day, I always loved the pineapples part, one of the less annoying fuits and very delicious.

She’s probably tired of tidying up wi-fi bedroom, Jean’s not one that misses good opportunities when they are served on a silver platter.
    This actually made me laugh! Thank you, my friend! :D

Pineapples are fun, my first job as chef in a 5 star hotel involved taking care of the breakfast buffet for 100+ clients each day, I always loved the pineapples part, one of the less annoying fuits and very delicious.
    I *love* pineapples too, but I hate peeling them because of those little black dots (I just have to remove them all). And I have to say, the ones I find where I live now are just... well, they're tasty, but nothing like a pineapple that was plucked ripe during a hot summer. Mmmmmm....

I agree the Cable preview looks good. I think Duggan does great with Jean's voice and I am excited for this issue and Duggan's X-men book. I love seeing Jean use her tk in everyday tasks. I do hope we get to see Jean help take down Stryfe or whatever is going on in this book. I admit I haven't been following it too closely.

I would miss Kid Cable if he goes away but I do miss the older version of Cable. Cable is one of those time lost characters I actually can stand (same with Bishop and Rachel).

Edit: to say I'm also a pineapple lover. I had a pineapple milkshake the other day and it was glorious. Ok back to X-men lol