Page 79 of 719 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 10783

I think ghost Jean was her real ghost, and when the Phoenix brought her back she didn't have the memories of that in the same way that she didn't have the memories of the rest of her life. But now (and ever since she came back) she would remember that. Or maybe not, since she doesn't seem to remember her time in the White Hot Room, but either way I'd say it's still her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I remember Cyclops did something bad, she lost her faith and went to study on college. Then Ororo arrived to sow how mists were killing mutants, then she returned to Extraordinary
    I don't think her leaving was related to Cyclops at all. The team was all reunited and Jean was just like "I need a break."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don't think her leaving was related to Cyclops at all. The team was all reunited and Jean was just like "I need a break."

If you refer back to the X-Men Monday issue 15 at AIPT JDW and Dennis Hopeless/Hallam:

Jordan: Teen Jean’s book was before my time in the X-Office, and while I could just give you my interpretation, why not turn to the writer of that book to let him weigh in?

Dennis “Hopeless” Hallum: I always wrote Ghost Jean like she was the spirit of the deceased adult Jean reaching out through the ether to help prepare her younger, time-traveling self for the return of the Phoenix. Whether that spirit was a traditional ghost or something more Phoenix-powered remains a mystery. So… In my opinion, yes, Ghost Jean and resurrected Adult Jean are the same person. When Jean was reborn, that consciousness (eventually) returned to her new body.

link:

https://aiptcomics.com/2019/06/10/x-...-15-jean-grey/

Though as previously mentioned the events in the Jean Grey solo and Phoenix Resurrection did not always match up very well but what can you do. I definitely preferred Dennis Hopeless to Matt Rosenberg. I think Hopeless understood the Phoenix better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Funny that I didn't even remembered that until someone asked. It was the "Cyclops did something bad era". never looked back on that era.

ok All new wolverine and old man logan were lit

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    If you refer back to the X-Men Monday issue 15 at AIPT JDW and Dennis Hopeless/Hallam:

link:

https://aiptcomics.com/2019/06/10/x-...-15-jean-grey/

Though as previously mentioned the events in the Jean Grey solo and Phoenix Resurrection did not always match up very well but what can you do. I definitely preferred Dennis Hopeless to Matt Rosenberg. I think Hopeless understood the Phoenix better imo.
    The good thing is that I can ignore Hopeless bad writing on the teen solo. The same wy theiy ignore entire Bendis/Bunn runs
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-26-2021 at 02:15 PM.

How many of you thought that something was wrong with Jean when you read HoX? I was sure that Xavier was holding her back. I thought that since Moira was an important player and that we way back in UXM #125 got to know that Moira knew Jean had the potential to be a goddess, Moira had now decided to hold Jean back so she wouldn’t stop the big plan. In UXM #125 Jean keeps her Phoenix powers in check so that they are at the level she was as Marvel Girl. I was sure that the Marvel Girl dress Hickman had Jean wear was a nod to that. It would have made so much sense, given how much Hickman must have researched about Moira.

I have given up on that theory now. But it would have been so amazing if there had been an explanation to Jean’s regression in the actual story.

Ah, well, I was patient in the first half of the 1990s, I will be patient now as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think ghost Jean was her real ghost, and when the Phoenix brought her back she didn't have the memories of that in the same way that she didn't have the memories of the rest of her life. But now (and ever since she came back) she would remember that. Or maybe not, since she doesn't seem to remember her time in the White Hot Room, but either way I'd say it's still her.
    Continuity is only for important characters lol

I think a lot of fans thought there would have been a narrative reason behind the mini-dress costume choice. It references such a specific time for Jean, and Hickman is not the kind of writer that would ignore that detail. Who knows, there may have been a reason, but with the Avenger's office in control of the Phoenix Force that may have not panned out as originally planed and probably kept it around as her default look.

It's unfortunate that it appears that Hickman still has to deal with editorial interference, see Franklin Richards.
    Last edited by otipep_90; 02-26-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    How many of you thought that something was wrong with Jean when you read HoX? I was sure that Xavier was holding her back. I thought that since Moira was an important player and that we way back in UXM #125 got to know that Moira knew Jean had the potential to be a goddess, Moira had now decided to hold Jean back so she wouldn’t stop the big plan. In UXM #125 Jean keeps her Phoenix powers in check so that they are at the level she was as Marvel Girl. I was sure that the Marvel Girl dress Hickman had Jean wear was a nod to that. It would have made so much sense, given how much Hickman must have researched about Moira.

I have given up on that theory now. But it would have been so amazing if there had been an explanation to Jean’s regression in the actual story.

Ah, well, I was patient in the first half of the 1990s, I will be patient now as well.
    Yes, I thought that as well. Moira full well knows Jean's potential realized and the goddess Phoenix she was and is/could be again. But I knew Marvel was not going there. I doubt today's writers even know some of those old stories.

The only difference I say about 125 is that Jean chopped her Phoenix powers back to a level she could safely handle, not necessarily that of Marvel Girl because I believe Jean could handle more than the power she had at that time. If not, she would not have been able to wield the Phoenix powers at all, let alone as well as she did.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    I think a lot of fans thought there would be a narrative reason behind the mini-dress costume change, because it references such a specific time for Jean, and Hickman is not the kind of writer that would ignore that. Who knows, there may have been a reason, but with Avenger's office in control of the Phoenix Force that may not havbeen able to pan out as originally planed and they just kept around as her default look.

It's unfortunate that it appears that Hickman still has to deal with editorial interference, see Franklin Richards.
    Franklin Richards isn't editorial interference, that is called not having control over characters other writers are using

Jean story doesnt depend on Phoenix. X-office let hoenix go since Jean's return, so i think he was briefed since the beggining that Phoenix is off limits

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Continuity is only for important characters lol
    Brutal
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-26-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Franklin Richards isn't editorial interference, that is called not having control over characters other writers are using

Jean story doesnt depend on Phoenix. X-office let hoenix go since Jean's return, so i think he was briefed since the beggining that Phoenix is off limits
    That's because of Aaron's plans. Sure Jean's story doesn't depend on the PF, but at this point if it does show up in Hickman's run as alluded by PoX, it'll be any character but Jean. It has become so mangled by the Avengers office, yet is clearly an X-franchise element.

We don't need this milestone run interfered with for a soon to be ignored and haphazard storyline.

How does the Franklin storyline become additive to the character or Thor as the PF's son? Marvel has a lack of stewardship and foresight with their characters that always leads to inconsistencies.
    Last edited by otipep_90; 02-26-2021 at 06:33 PM. Reason: misspellings

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My bad! I only remembered her reason for leaving during Uncanny #600. Not ashamed to say that I scrubbed the IvX era from my mind.

I wish there was a movie or cartoon or anything with Jean starring in it

BANNED

Hickman was overstepping his bounds with Franklin the same way Aaron is with the Phoenix.