Page 273 of 719 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 10783
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes, she can. LOL

My redesign would lose the train and add knee-high boots with the X-detail at the top (like her NXM boots). Keep the dark green metallic colour but make the gold accents more obvious with fitted gloves, belt, boots...(a take on her green and gold Phoenix look)
    And...
    Because I don't want to see her covered from head to toe (one of the main reasons I like her MG dress) I would give her an open, off the shoulder wide neckline...clavicles are sexxxy.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-12-2021 at 08:07 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes, she can. LOL

My redesign would lose the train and add knee-high boots with the X-detail at the top (like her NXM boots). Keep the dark green metallic colour but make the gold accents more obvious with fitted gloves, belt, boots...(a take on her green and gold Phoenix look)
    And...
    Because I don't want to see her covered from head to toe (one of the main reasons I like her MG dress) I would give her an open, off the shoulder wide neckline...clavicles are sexxxy.
    That sounds like a nice costume design. I would love to see a sketch!

I agree clavicles can be sexy and Jean's certainly would be SEXY!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I hate it when certain folks lecture x-men fans but we've got to keep our people in line. I don't know if any of the folks engaging Duggan on twitter will read this but I don't think they are helping with the snark about the Marvel Girl skirt. I think that the more fans complain the more they will stick to their guns about keeping it. They don't want to give the "online mob" a win and they don't want to seem like they give in to fan pressure.

Basically we have to stop worrying and learn to love the dress, because I'm afraid it is going to be around for a long time and partly due to all the complains. Even on Pepe's instagram he's expressed frustration (in the comments section) to the complaints about the MG dress.

Whenever we interact with the creators with a negative opinion they will always see it as harassment so it is best not to engage them imo.

I hate to be the "dad voice" but as one of the older folks here I have to as it is my duty lol lol

I do wish they would center some of the criticism of the dress from women (cis, trans, and any other who identify as fem) but alas that is not likely to happen. They just see rabid fans and that is how it is. They probably just see young gay fans and we already have the stigma of being the most rabid in the online x-fan community imo so...

Dautermann openly criticized the Marvel Girl dress in an X-men Monday interview and that was many months ago. Jean has been branded in the dress in all current media so I do think it is time to accept it even though we don't like it much. Hopefully in the new X-men run the characters will change costumes from time to time.

I think the problem is also that the characters this particular era do not have a distinct look besides Xavier and Jean. Jean in her green outfit is kind of the poster girl for Hickman's X-Men. She is maybe not used much but she is still always around, heavily used on covers, and is giving the line a little bit of a distinct aesthetic.

I gave also already my interpretation why Hickman has chosen this look for her: I think Marvel Girl's dress and codename represents an old heroic age and it also is a nod to the character's struggle to adapt to something other than being an X-Men. She quit all new positions she was given on Krakoa in order to return to her heroic roots. So, story-wise I'm ok with her wearing "nostalgia" because her actions also show her desire to return to an easier time when she "only" had to save the world. I honestly think she looks absolutely horrible and stupid. But what can we do about it?

I adore Dauterman's interpretation of X-Men Red's costume. Would be wonderful if this was her look. but it isn't.
    Last edited by Exodus; 06-12-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I hate it when certain folks lecture x-men fans but we've got to keep our people in line. I don't know if any of the folks engaging Duggan on twitter will read this but I don't think they are helping with the snark about the Marvel Girl skirt. I think that the more fans complain the more they will stick to their guns about keeping it. They don't want to give the "online mob" a win and they don't want to seem like they give in to fan pressure.

Basically we have to stop worrying and learn to love the dress, because I'm afraid it is going to be around for a long time and partly due to all the complains. Even on Pepe's instagram he's expressed frustration (in the comments section) to the complaints about the MG dress.

Whenever we interact with the creators with a negative opinion they will always see it as harassment so it is best not to engage them imo.

I hate to be the "dad voice" but as one of the older folks here I have to as it is my duty lol lol

I do wish they would center some of the criticism of the dress from women (cis, trans, and any other who identify as fem) but alas that is not likely to happen. They just see rabid fans and that is how it is. They probably just see young gay fans and we already have the stigma of being the most rabid in the online x-fan community imo so...

Dautermann openly criticized the Marvel Girl dress in an X-men Monday interview and that was many months ago. Jean has been branded in the dress in all current media so I do think it is time to accept it even though we don't like it much. Hopefully in the new X-men run the characters will change costumes from time to time.
    I wanted to read what the fuss was about but I could not find anything, how do you even navigate twitter? It looks like a mess to me, dp you have a link?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think the problem is also that the characters this particular era do not have a distinct look besides Xavier and Jean. Jean in her green outfit is kind of the poster girl for Hickman's X-Men. She is maybe not used much but she is still always around, heavily used on covers, and is giving the line a little bit of a distinct aesthetic.

I gave also already my interpretation why Hickman has chosen this look for her: I think Marvel Girl's dress and codename represents an old heroic age and it also is a nod to the character's struggle to adapt to something other than being an X-Men. She quit all new positions she was given on Krakoa in order to return to her heroic roots. So, story-wise I'm ok with her wearing "nostalgia" because her actions also show her desire to return to an easier time when she "only" had to save the world. I honestly think she looks absolutely horrible and stupid. But what can we do about it?

I adore Dauterman's interpretation of X-Men Red's costume. Would be wonderful if this was her look. but it isn't.
    The thing about this is that the characterization you describe is the real problem. The costume is just emblematic.

Anyhoo, we pretty much knew from the very first couple of issues that Jean would be taking major Ls in this run.

Also, frankly, the writers "trolling" Jean is almost as dated as their Byrne-esque opinions about the character. Are they time travelers from like 2009?

Like...I dunno what to say, Marvel writers. Try harder.

Anyway....Checking out social media, aka Twitter, there is a not-small contigent of black dude Jean fans. I would have said I am unusual in that regard, but either we have a presence, or we are over-represented on Twitter. Fascinating.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-12-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh, no blame on you, GS! :)

I think I said from the Gala outfit debut, that while I love Jean's Gala look, I would slightly redesign it to turn it into a new costume!

For example, the train and shoes for one. Get rid of it altogether or turn it into a cape from the shoulders down. Turn the shoes into boots.
    I really like her gala outfit too. I'd love to see it slightly redesigned into a regular super-hero outfit. And, honestly, the heels can be as high as you guys want. I'd be slightly uncomfortable about them because of my personal history, but it wouldn't make me enjoy the costume or the book less.

Now, I don't really see Jean wearing a cape because I think a cape usually goes with a certain personality. But I am *absolutely* sure that if they gave Jean a cape, she'd slay the look! :D

The girl is gifted that way. I really don't worry about what she wears. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Now I want to see Scott giving Jean a piggy back...LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    ...And then Jean giving Scott a piggyback ride....lol. Jean has that lean toned muscle after all. She can do it!
    I am a bad influence on you guys! :D

I want to see it too! Hehe! :D

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I hate it when certain folks lecture x-men fans but we've got to keep our people in line. (...)

I'm a woman and I don't mind the dress, honestly. I think it's more "behaved/modest/whatever" than so many other leotard types of uniform that other heroines use. And I don't have any problem with those either. It's 2021: a woman should be able to wear whatever she's comfortable with.

The uniform just looks dated near the more current uniforms, but so what? I say call it "vintage" and have fun! :D

Marvel "Girl" annoys me more than the dress to be honest. And, personally, I'd love if Jean would become "Marvel Woman", because I'm an unapologetic fan and I think she's *the* Marvel Woman. :)

But I'm not going to make a big deal out of it either. What I want is to see better characterisation.

EDIT: For me the biggest issue about costumes is, again, characterisation. I wouldn't want Jean to wear something super revealing anymore than I'd want Emma to wear something super prudish. And, yes, I take practical issues into consideration as well (for instance, it really bothers me for video games when the female armours are a metal bikini, but it's not because it shows lots of skin, it's because it's supposed to protect their bodies), but what annoys me the most isn't the amount of skin that is showing, but the artistic representation of the characters: the pose, the angle, the lighting, the framing, etc...

--

Anyway, guys, if anyone here writes to the creators, please, do so in a respectful tone. When you engage with them, you're representing all of us fans, whether you want it or not. Being obnoxious won't get us anywhere. In fact, it might make writers less likely to want to write her.

Vent about the stupid dress here instead, please.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-12-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    --

Anyway, guys, if anyone here writes to the creators, please, do so in a respectful tone. When you engage with them, you're representing all of us fans, whether you want it or not. Being obnoxious won't get us anywhere. In fact, it might make writers less likely to want to write her.

Vent about the stupid dress here instead, please.
    Agreed, Politeness and respect always go a long way in any situation, you can never go wrong if you keep this rule in mind.

I’m generally against the idea of people bringing trouble from other social media to these message boards but If they do I would at the very least like to get a link so that I can judge for myself and not have to rely on second hand pov, not everything should be taken at face value.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The thing about this is that the characterization you describe is the real problem. The costume is just emblematic.

Anyhoo, we pretty much knew from the very first couple of issues that Jean would be taking major Ls in this run.

Also, frankly, the writers "trolling" Jean is almost as dated as their Byrne-esque opinions about the character. Are they time travelers from like 2009?

Like...I dunno what to say, Marvel writers. Try harder.

Anyway....Checking out social media, aka Twitter, there is a not-small contigent of black dude Jean fans. I would have said I am unusual in that regard, but either we have a presence, or we are over-represented on Twitter. Fascinating.
    Yes, it is trolling at this point. It's like a bait that they keep doing so fans will keep asking the same thing all over again and the trolling continues.
    Of course it makes the Jean fans look bad instead of writers ecause the x-men fandom doesnt give a damn about Jean.

Also it isn't just Jean fans asking about the ugly dress, there is some other fans that think it is abusurd she is using a 60s dress as uniform.

The chaacterization just complete the awfullness pack

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Agreed, Politeness and respect always go a long way in any situation, you can never go wrong if you keep this rule in mind.

I’m generally against the idea of people bringing trouble from other social media to these message boards but If they do I would at the very least like to get a link so that I can judge for myself and not have to rely on second hand pov, not everything should be taken at face value.
    It's ard to ignore what is going on on twitter. I would rather fans ignore and give indifference since writers just want to troll the fandom.
    Just go to Duggan twitter, you will see respectiful and some not respectiful.

Also remember not everyone being rude is a Jean fan, some just want to give Jean fans a bad name
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-12-2021 at 10:46 AM.

At this point I'm sure some writers and artists are trolling fans, but whatever. I hate the dress,but if it's here to stay I at least hope they give Jean more focus. It feels like she's barely done anything in this era. Also I hope they redesign the gloves and the mask

serving beauty

FB_IMG_1623526517556.jpg

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    serving beauty
    Wow! Thanks for sharing! *hearteyes*

Dauterman = <3

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Deuterman’s Jean is a doll, I love her, the psionic power depiction on the other hand is leaving me indifferent at best

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Deuterman’s Jean is a doll, I love her, the psionic power depiction on the other hand is leaving me indifferent at best
    Part of me likes the subtlety of it.

The guys don't give up on this outfit hahaha

20210612_174243.jpg