Page 118 of 719 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thor was killed off and left dead for several years, coincidentally around the same time they killed Jean
    I didn't knew, even because he was back in few years, so just a blip. he was dead from 2003-2004 to 2007. They got Dr Doom involved on Scarlet Witch amped powers, so she wouldn't be uber powerful alone but didn't killed her

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I would die from sheer laughter if this was the end goal for Jott, more importantly does it make me a cynic if I believed that, that's exactly where this nonsense is heading lol. I didn't really mind the scene in X-force, I did figure it would draw a lot of attention on these boards. And I think if thr Gala wasn't ongoing a lot more attention would be on this issue but that scene in particular.

I can't say what direction Hickman will take Jott in, but I have said since the beginning how he currently writes them can't be a mistake they are the epitome of every negative concern readers have had about the Jott relationship. Nothing about it is intriguing or really adds anything overall to the characters, someone mentioned that there wasn't even a huge deal made out of their reuniting and their right. Thompson had an entire mini-series devoted to Rogue and Gambit, Jean and Scott have yet in nearly two years to have a single moment together that specifically highlights why these two people would choose to be together. Someone else mentioned how Scott and Jean are written like the X-men version of Reed and Sue and I have to disagree. Reed and Sue might be a lot of things but writers at least tries to develop their relationship and why they work, Jott hasn't seen actual development in a decade at this point. And it shows in the overall ambivalence Hickman has for them as couple in comparison to any of the other couples he writes, and it does bother me personally that had Scott and Emma still been together Hickman would be writing them so much more compelling and interesting.

So if all this is really leading to Scemma, I wouldn't be surprised but I would hope that UNLIKE last time Jean is given a new and meaningful direction to occupy her time.

EDIT- Oh and can I just say the X-force issue had such an odd and disjointed layout ESPECIALLY the scenes between Jean and Logan. That was really, the ONLY reason you had them in the comic and it was not a compelling reason. Sure it will ruffle a few feathers but as I was reading this issue I couldn't believe that the actual issue was acutally the final decision Percy made on the layout of the issue and it continues to baffle me.
    Very good points and rational analysis, what I'm finding worrisome is the way Jean is written in these little crumpets we gets at random intervals, she's just an extra used to set up a "situation", there's no real effort to show us were she's coming from, it feel like we are just waiting for the other shoe to drop, if logan Jean scott and emma are engaging in a "poly" why are we never shown any scott and emma interaction?...... I may be wrong but it all seems a set up for something bigger on scott's end of the deal..... remember that sinister secret N° 5!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Very good points and rational analysis, what I'm finding worrisome is the way Jean is written in these little crumpets we gets at random intervals, she's just an extra used to set up a "situation", there's no real effort to show us were she's coming from, it feel like we are just waiting for the other shoe to drop, if logan Jean scott and emma are engaging in a "poly" why are we never shown any scott and emma interaction?...... I may be wrong but it all seems a set up for something bigger on scott's end of the deal..... remember that sinister secret N° 5!
    Scott and Emma interacted, but were never shown kissing like Logan and Jean. For me it is all a BS to try to make people buy comics to see what will happen, but the truth is that majority doesn't care so sales never happen

About x-force, what terrible writing for Jean! she sw a hallucination and then went to sleep instead of telling Scott and Logan about it and actually doing something about it
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-19-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Scott and Emma interacted, but were never shown kissing like Logan and Jean. For me it is all a BS to try to make people buy comics to see what will happen, but the truth is that majority doesn't care so sales never happen

About x-force, what terrible writing for Jean! she sw a hallucination and then went to sleep instead of telling Scott and Logan about it and actually doing something about it
    yep, what I meat was a "sexual interaction" of any kind
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-19-2021 at 10:06 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Spectacular Member

Really unfair, specially that it came on the back of Jean and the lies that Morrison created against her
    Not only Morrison, many writers hate her and were talking really bad about the character and the lies are there, spread in every forum you go.

Lol, shouldn't it be a good thing that we've seen explicit Jean/Logan but not Scemma (yet)? There were people here saying the whole thing was all about letting Scott have a harem. But of course that when that's not what happens, there's just another excuse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol, shouldn't it be a good thing that we've seen explicit Jean/Logan but not Scemma (yet)? There were people here saying the whole thing was all about letting Scott have a harem. But of course that when that's not what happens, there's just another excuse lol.
    No one complained about not seeing Scott/Emma yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    Not only Morrison, many writers hate her and were talking really bad about the character and the lies are there, spread in every forum you go.
    yes, it is really easy to see it, it is everywhere. And this crap setup from Hickman isn't doing any favors to her

While Jean's harem is new and all, I wish she was doing something else. I hope the X-men book gives her interesting plotlines

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    people as always have different opinions and are concerned about different angles belonging to the same story, considering we are in a forum dedicated to comics discussions this shouldn't surprise anyone really.

No one complained about not seeing Scott/Emma yet.
    To be fair I did comment about the scemma side of the poly being SUSPICIOUSLY absent, so there's that, but I was in no way wishing for it.

I didn't knew, even because he was back in few years, so just a blip. he was dead from 2003-2004 to 2007. They got Dr Doom involved on Scarlet Witch amped powers, so she wouldn't be uber powerful alone but didn't killed her
    Wanda got exiled from comics for many years and most writers still don't feel like using her due to the huge baggage Bendis dumped on her though at least she has the mcu version

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Wanda got exiled from comics for many years and most writers still don't feel like using her due to the huge baggage Bendis dumped on her though at least she has the mcu version
    Yeah Wanda got it worse. She was completely character assassinated and has never recovered. It would be like Jean going crazy, killing a bunch of X-men and destroying the team before going on to complete genocide across Earth including beloved characters in other franchises. Jean being off the books was more merciful than what was done with Wanda, whom is still written as incompetent and self destructive

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah Wanda got it worse. She was completely character assassinated and has never recovered. It would be like Jean going crazy, killing a bunch of X-men and destroying the team before going on to complete genocide across Earth including beloved characters in other franchises. Jean being off the books was more merciful than what was done with Wanda, whom is still written as incompetent and self destructive
    By Hickman, you mean. She was good on avengers weeklies and on her solo too

To be fair I did comment about the scemma side of the poly being SUSPICIOUSLY absent, so there's that, but I was in no way wishing for it.
    It really makes you think what is going on.

By Hickman, you mean. She was good on avengers weeklies and on her solo too

It really makes you think what is going on.
    .....and the personal opinions Remender put in her argument with Rogue, they just keep twisting the knife with Wanda

.....and the personal opinions Remender put in her argument with Rogue, they just keep twisting the knife with Wanda
    Uncanny avengers was awful to Wanda, specially that it was a 180 on the way she dealt about mutant decimation. It was good that on the solo she was shown doing therapy and getting away from her brother's bad plans. Good thing is getting big sales because of the TV show.