Page 540 of 719 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    In this era of Hickman she was basically dead haha
    Not from my point of view.

Felt like sharing these feats here because…damn.

Before penetrating and ransacking an omniscient cosmic being’s mind, Jean was able to remain undetected while telepathically communicating with Dylan - a creation of symbiotes himself - who was trapped in “an orb of symbiotes” created by and with which Knull had surrounded them both. A huge feat in and of itself, considering she had entered into a god’s domain.

After guiding Dylan to free a group of heroes bonded to Knull, Jean proceeded to “download” a “battle plan” into Dr. Strange’s mind, before psi-linking, coordinating, and leading him and the rest of the group - a makeshift team composed of Dr. Strange, Thor, Storm, Namor, Cyclops, and Spider-Man - to attack Knull’s hive. She did this while still managing to avert detection.

When she finally entered Knull’s mind, she was able to avoid being taken prisoner herself and shut him down, at which point she telepathically contacted Silver Surfer, who was in space, so that he could help the “God of light” penetrate “the barrier” and finish the job.

It’s important to note that Jean didn’t enter Knull’s mind immediately because she was focused on getting everyone to safety first.

I think it’s clear that she accomplished a few feats here.

The breakdown:

BANNED

The X-Men group editor has said why she went back to the Marvel Girl costume.

They don't like her as Phoenix and didn't feel like doing a new costume and identity. Jean is an afterthought when we are talking about anything beyond minimizing her abilities and making sure she is wherever Cyclops is.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Men editor guy

Jordan: Yeah. Just, I don’t think it sounds great. I mean, the reason she’s called Marvel Girl is because Jean doesn’t have a lot of great codenames. She has, as far as I’m aware of, three I can think of off the top of my head. The third one was just Jean Grey. Now that’s the easiest one to probably just go back to if we were going to change it. There’s Marvel Girl, obviously, which she was for many years, and then there’s Phoenix — and she’s not Phoenix right now. So that was the deliberate choice that was made. We are not going to the Phoenix well, that’s why she’s not dressed in her Phoenix costume, obviously.

And a secret: that’s why she’s dressed in this costume. This is the costume that she put on when she rejected the Phoenix.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

Taking the Phoenix from her remains gross and mostly malicious. Scared of Uber-poweful chicks lol. Ruining/denouncing her legacy is wrong and bad-intended and I will never not be furious about it.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 09-23-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The...
    Your post is touching, truly, but I care more about the fact that she led a team consisting of Dr. Strange, Cyclops, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Storm, Thor, Namor, and Spider-Man, before penetrating, ransacking, and incapacitating a god's mind earlier this year. Oh, and she topped it all off by contacting Silver Surfer in space to finish the job.

No one will ever keep Jean down, love.

BANNED

They don't like her as Phoenix and didn't feel like doing a new costume and identity. Jean is an afterthought when we are talking about anything beyond minimizing her abilities and making sure

Taking the Phoenix from her remains gross and mostly malicious. Scared of Uber-poweful chicks lol. Ruining/denouncing her legacy is wrong and bad-intended and I will never not be furious about it.
    You just gave a good example of why they kept Phoenix on the shelf for now.

Jean Grey, the character needed re establishing in Marvel. All the stories where everyone freaks her te return like Endsong and Resurrection sucked.

They needed to work on Jean’s interpersonal relations within the world. Once she is re established there and she has been, then we can discuss powers.

Really, the current Marvel Girl can do anything Phoenix can
    Do at the base power level.

We’ve even see her atomize things. She can probably use complex tk to fly to space.

She certainly can do everything else. She just doesn’t use the codename and the Phoenix raptors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Your post is touching, truly, but I care more about the fact that she led a team consisting of Dr. Strange, Cyclops, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Storm, Thor, Namor, and Spider-Man, before penetrating, ransacking, and incapacitating a god's mind earlier this year. Oh, and she topped it all off by contacting Silver Surfer in space to finish the job.

No one will ever keep Jean down, love.
    I love that Jean is shown to use strategy and planning. Instead of depending on overwhelming force. Way to go Jean.

Extraordinary Member

They don't like her as Phoenix and didn't feel like doing a new costume and identity. Jean is an afterthought when we are talking about anything beyond minimizing her abilities and making sure she is wherever Cyclops is.

"Jean is an afterthought"- Is front and centre in current X-men, easily the best and most prominent character in that run so far.Is on the quiet council, was part of X-force and Cable.Was a big part of KIB, X of Swords, Arrako, etc.

"Minimizing her abilities"-Omega level TP, the strongest telepath as well.Not to mention she's still Alpha+ level in TP.As someone pointed out she's basically base phoenix level, her feats in this era have been downright insane from KIB, to the SWORD station to X-force linking w/ sage and Black Tom to atomize the plants to connecting every mutant worldwide to hold the election.

"She is wherever Cyclops is"-Outshining Cyclops you mean.No offense but just look at the recent issue of X-men, Cyclops was getting man-handled while talking big while Jean single handedly took care of it all.

"Taking the Phoenix from her remains gross and mostly malicious"-She herself said Phoenix held her back, and w/ it we would either get her having problem controlling it or being shoved to one corner of the X-books rather than having a strong presence.

"Scared of Uber-poweful chicks lol"-This Jean is the definition of uber powerful lol, she hasn't had trouble dealing w/ anything thrown their way.

I don't mean any offense, but I feel some of the things you said ignore so much done w/ her.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-24-2021 at 04:18 AM.

You made my a.m., Spidey.

Also, this:

Jean telepathically summoning Silver Surfer as he flies through space makes me tingle. And the way he addresses her is sublime: “Jean. Worry not. I am here.” From King in Black #4 (2021):

Fantastic Member

Well, she already rejected the Phoenix in the Jean Grey Resurrection. Jean and the bird already went on a break. And Phoenix is already used by Echo. So yeah, Jean can't claim the name.
    I for one am glad she's not phoenix, she's all Jean. I want to see her do feats that no one can say "coz she has the phoenix, that's why". She can still be powerful without a boost from a cosmic bird.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Not from my point of view.
    What are the best moments of Jean that you find in Hickaman's writing?

If I may chime in, my picks are Giant-Size X-Men #1, where he played up her strengths as a telepath; X-Men #15, when Jean chose to step down from her position on the QC to help her friends, family, and mutants as a whole; and X-Men #16 (below). These were all very strong, defining moments for Jean, especially in the age of Krakoa.

Jean finding the culprit where Oracle couldn’t, Jean deciding with Scott to save the Sword bearers in Otherworld, Jean taking a stand in the Quiet Council despite the threat of losing her position (which she would have been able to get back if she hadn’t gone with another X-Men team), Jean accompanying Emma throughout Storm’s mind, Jean’s moments with Storm signifying their friendship, and connecting the minds of almost every mutant on the planet. That is if we are talking just Hickman’s writing specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Well, she already rejected the Phoenix in the Jean Grey Resurrection. Jean and the bird already went on a break. And Phoenix is already used by Echo. So yeah, Jean can't claim the name.
    I for one am glad she's not phoenix, she's all Jean. I want to see her do feats that no one can say "coz she has the phoenix, that's why". She can still be powerful without a boost from a cosmic bird.
    I get where you are coming from but the framing bothers me. Jean has plenty of feats without the Phoenix and good ones. Being Phoenix is not invalidating to other characters so why is it for Jean? Because a few loud Jean haters say so and then we also adopt that framing? We never judge Rachel for being the Phoenix-as of it takes away from her power or stunts.

Jean’s best era to me is Morrison’s run where she was both an omega level mutant and Phoenix -best of both versions of the character. Though I agree Phoenix is tainted and it is good that Jean is a powerful character with out -which has been true for many years.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 09-24-2021 at 10:53 AM. Reason: I’m old and don’t type well on my phone lol