Page 418 of 719 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 10783

Love it except for the boots. Too plain for me. Would prefer gold X’s at the top of boots as a homage on Morrison era.

Jean's team up and interactions with Lorna today was everything!

Jean was great in today's X-men issue 2. I loved so many moments in the issue. Basically I loved Jean and Lorna, Jean and Synch, and Jean and Sunfire. I know some were hesitant about Duggan's version of Jean but so far he is doing great.

I also appreciated the Gambit cameo and I do hope we get a Rogue centric issue soon (as well as one for Wolverine).

I love that Duggan gives Lorna and Jean very distinct personalities. I also love seeing them work together and combining their abilities. I love that Duggan makes use of Jean's tp and tk.

BANNED

I still say Jean should reclaim the name Phoenix and use the link form and pink raptors because I love the visuals. With that said I’m loving how Duggar had the X-Men world together in the field and learn new uses of their powers and power combinations. We see what Jean is teaching Synch. I wonder what Synch can teach Jean. Maybe to completely embrace her power.

And yes the X-books do need to claim
    The Phoenix back from the Avengers, who seemingly have gone down after Endgame. I think it’s because too many actors have left the original team of Avengers in MCU they are going to focus on other franchises for now before rebooting the Avengers in MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I still say Jean should reclaim the name Phoenix and use the link form and pink raptors because I love the visuals. With that said I’m loving how Duggar had the X-Men world together in the field and learn new uses of their powers and power combinations. We see what Jean is teaching Synch. I wonder what Synch can teach Jean. Maybe to completely embrace her power.

And yes the X-books do need to claim
    The Phoenix back from the Avengers, who seemingly have gone down after Endgame. I think it’s because too many actors have left the original team of Avengers in MCU they are going to focus on other franchises for now before rebooting the Avengers in MCU.
    The Phoenix story in Aaron's Avengers was so incredibly awful. Poor Phoenix endured a whole arc of character assassination

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    One thing though...Duggan had Jean say she's never been able to read a dead mind before...but I thought she read a freshly dead Maddrox dupe's mind in early X-Force to get some memory fragments?

And going back further, she even read a dead dog's memory's in a Chuck Austin era issue (with Juggernaut, Squid Boy, etc)
    Actually, according to the X-Force pages you posted, she didn't read the mind of a dead Madrox dupe. The dupe was dying, but the Prime Madrox absorbed his memories before he died, and Jean got them from him.

Jean did read the mind of the dead dog though, so maybe when she meant to say she's never read a dead *humanoid* mind, since animal minds are simpler. Haha, anyway, that's my way of trying to explain it. Errors happen all the time in comic books. Stan Lee and Marvel used to give "no-prizes" to people who could explain errors since it's hard to keep track of every detail, no matter how versed you are in comic lore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    The Phoenix story in Aaron's Avengers was so incredibly awful. Poor Phoenix endured a whole arc of character assassination
    I know. The only thing I liked was Firebird. Already Echo has faded into security Aaron’s last story was so poorly received.

Someone will have to write an issue where Jean cleans this mess up and takes back what is hers.

Even retcon Aaron’s story to be done fake entity impersonating the Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Actually, according to the X-Force pages you posted, she didn't read the mind of a dead Madrox dupe. The dupe was dying, but the Prime Madrox absorbed his memories before he died, and Jean got them from him.

Jean did read the mind of the dead dog though, so maybe when she meant to say she's never read a dead *humanoid* mind, since animal minds are simpler. Haha, anyway, that's my way of trying to explain it. Errors happen all the time in comic books. Stan Lee and Marvel used to give "no-prizes" to people who could explain errors since it's hard to keep track of every detail, no matter how versed you are in comic lore.
    Or maybe she used psychometry, a power she has to see things from the dead dog’s viewpoint. What she did with Polaris was a different matter.

This Jean by Duggan is pretty solid compared to Hickman's. I almost see her changing her costume

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    This Jean by Duggan is pretty solid compared to Hickman's. I almost see her changing her costume
    Me too. And soon!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I thought X-Men #2 was a great issue for her. We get to see Jean with Synch, Jean with Lorna, a little bit with Sunfire. She has a different relationship with each of them, and she gets to both teach, lead, explain stuff, and use her powers both offensively and to discover information (wonder what it is?).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

she found out that Cordyceps Jones, and where he's located, is behind the attacks on Earth.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The portion of my X-Men review, which I posted in the second issue thread, regarding Jean:

Jean Grey, who has been somewhat of an enigma during Hickman's era, is so far the standout and quiet center of this series, pulsing soothingly and reassuringly like an essential heartbeat. She is plugged in, sometimes literally, to everyone, offering direction, coordination, and emotional support. Her team-up with Polaris and poignant moments with Synch and Sunfire in issue two are the best character-centric moments to date of this still-young series. This is befitting of her as the first female X-Man and co-leader and co-founder of this new team, especially considering that Hickman wrote her as being the first to not only step down from her position on the Quiet Council but to decline the offer to rejoin, disclose the formation of the new team, and publicly announce its elected members.

In Duggan's hands, Jean is graceful and at ease, offering comfort and sage wisdom that is characteristic and revealing of all that she has seen, survived, and transcended in her nearly sixty-year history. From the issues of Cable in which she appeared to Planet Size X-Men #1 and the two entries of this series released thus far, Duggan has written Jean as a confident yet understated expert leader and field operator with glimmers of wit and mischievousness. Under his pen, she's steadfast, assertive, formidably powerful, and assured, but also warm, empathic, measured, and mature. During an exchange between Jean and Synch in issue two, he confesses to her, "Your power is immeasurable, Jean." So true, as is her importance in the X-Men mythos and to this series so far.

As X-Force writer Benjamin Percy recently wrote of her: "And there are those who are as versatile as a cello, able to play melody or harmony, to swing between the brightest and darkest notes." Duggan seems to get this and makes Jean Grey shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

Someone either on this thread or on Twitter said she's using psychometry.

Does Jean possess psychometry?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I have to dress my Jean, any suggestions?
    Portions of skin to uncover? Accessories? Color scheme?
    My costume tastes are too “silver agery”, I need the input of fellow fans!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”