Page 21 of 719 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    When in the original O5 comics did Jean first become a telepath in her own right rather than inheriiting it from Xavier?
    What do you mean by "inherit it from Xavier"?
    As far as I know...her telepathic abilities manifested when she saw her best friend hit by a car when she was an early teen. It was the trauma of seeing and feeling and knowing Annie's thoughts and feelings as she died that made Jean withdraw into herself.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As far as I know...her telepathic abilities manifested when she saw her best friend hit by a car when she was an early teen. It was the trauma of seeing and feeling and knowing Annie's thoughts and feelings as she died that made Jean withdraw into herself.
    Ten. Jean was only 10 years old when the telepathic trauma with little Annie Richardson occurred.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Amazing Member

Jean looked amazing in her X Factor uniform in X Men#17 today, thank God she's finally out of that skirt !

That was a later retcon. Thevoriginal Marvel Girl was only telekinetic, but got telepathis powers the first the Charles ‘died’ and gave Hean his telepathy, but when was it ckearky seen as her own telepathy?

Jean looked amazing today, about time, and in her old Xfactor costume and out of that damned mini skirt. She was an adept telepath too.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    That was a later retcon. Thevoriginal Marvel Girl was only telekinetic, but got telepathis powers the first the Charles ‘died’ and gave Hean his telepathy, but when was it ckearky seen as her own telepathy?
    Oh? I've never ever heard of that plot.
    Do you have the issue number and when that story was written/published?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Oh? I've never ever heard of that plot.
    Do you have the issue number and when that story was written/published?
    Uncanny X-Men #43 - https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...-1st-series-43

Wasn't it all a plan where Xavier hadn't actually died and Jean knew it and was covering for him?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wasn't it all a plan where Xavier hadn't actually died and Jean knew it and was covering for him?
    The plan was a retcon. Originally Xavier was meant to be dead.
    The whole story about Jean's telepathy emerging when her friend was killed by a car was frist written in Bizarre Adventures 27 by CC. So you can assume that up intil then the official story was that she got her telepathy from Xavier, though Claremont never referenced this .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ten. Jean was only 10 years old when the telepathic trauma with little Annie Richardson occurred.
    Devaishwarya might be thinking about Xaiver removing the blocks he put on Jean's telepathic abilities during the Z'Nox invasion as seen in X-Men Vol 1 #65.

X- men 17

Jean demonstrated telepathy well. But telekinesis ... I imagine that Hickman wanted to weaken Jean or something ... reminded me of an issue of HOX. I imagine there could have been a duo between Storm and Jean ...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I will say I loved how Jean managed to achieve something even the telepaths of Shi'ar couldn't.

Brett's Jean was EVERYTHING! Loved the visual of her TP

Reminiscent of the last time Jean and Oracle interacted. Missed opportunity however to have Jean acknowledge that her entire family was massacred by the Shi'ar. She should have had more reservations about helping them especially since this wasnt a universe shattering mission
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-27-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Devaishwarya might be thinking about Xaiver removing the blocks he put on Jean's telepathic abilities during the Z'Nox invasion as seen in X-Men Vol 1 #65.
    The mental blocks were not removed in ish 65. They were removed much before, when Xavier realized that he needed to go into seclusion, mentally preparing for th Z'nox invasion. He would not be around to help with his mental powers, so he "imparted" some to Jean. That way, she could further aid the team.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Brett's Jean was EVERYTHING! Loved the visual of her TP

Reminiscent of the last time Jean and Oracle interacted. Missed opportunity however to have Jean acknowledge that her entire family was massacred by the Shi'ar. She should have had more reservations about helping them especially since this wasnt a universe shattering mission
    His art is so bad, it actually hurt my eyes. Too busy.