Page 529 of 719 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 10783
    BANNED

You can be mad at someone saying Marvel doesn't care about Jean (they clearly don't), but unfortunately, you are not entitled to have your opinion mandated as everyone else's.

However, you are free to post "Jean is Marvel's favorite character" or whatever, if that is what you would prefer for someone to be saying. You control what you post and as long you don't go personally attacking creators/posters/etc, then you are good.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    You’re right that we all have something to work on, but we don’t need to do it all alone. If we trust each other to watch each other’s back for accountability and listen to each other, then it can help us be better.

We can vent, critique, and get angry. That was never the problem. It’s when it extends to something along the lines of,

“Other Jean fans may be fine with mediocre writing, but I will not”

It becomes a problem. That’s not something we should ever let go because there are people out there who would disagree and by all accounts they have a right to feel that way. Are you saying they should let go of what can be considered a jab at them for liking what they like? I don’t think they should, especially if they are not as confident enough to speak their mind.
    all I'm saying is that internet if full of stuff that can be considered a jab if you look for it, it's an endless and thankless job, I would not wish it on anyone. Learning to ignore some minor stuff can be a godsend for our well being.
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-19-2021 at 12:25 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

baumblume

I would say Quicksilver's friends are:

Lorna
    Finesse
    Steve Rogers
    Jean Grey
    Northstar

I think Pietro on a whole gets along a bit better with the x-men than the avengers

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I would say Quicksilver's friends are:

Lorna
    Finesse
    Steve Rogers
    Jean Grey
    Northstar

I think Pietro on a whole gets along a bit better with the x-men than the avengers
    This is a classic

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This is a classic

Yes. Many of these interpersonal moments have not been shown to us in a very long time. Fans really do miss them.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Just want to say thanks for the replies everyone. I guess what caught my attention, even though I wasn't quoted directly, were comments like "whining" and "complaining just to complain" "don't like>don't buy"(can't really know if you'll like it unless you've read it, presumably by purchasing it)...which just all felt like if you're not gushing about the issue then you're bringing down the thread...so that's why I clarified my views. Not all dissent from us posters are done to the same extent or...exuberance :-p

Another one was "Well Jean is just a guest star here so what does it matter?". Well IMO good characterization should always matter, especially if it's still an appearance in a mainline X-Book, lest other creators build off of the bad instead of the good. Look at how off Guggenheim's Jean/Rachel interaction was in X-Men Gold, as if a there wasn't already forgiveness, bonding and cross-honoring of each other in the past 2 decades. Thank God Taylor put them back on track. And I'm glad they're working well together in the TOM so far

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This is a classic

Thanks for sharing. We should do a compilation of Jean's hugs. I love carebear Jean and I cannot lie. :P

I love angry I'm-gonna-bring-the-roof-down-on-you Jean too. And I love that she's both things. :)

baumblume

They look so amazing together, it sizzles! :)

(And, as far I as I'm concerned, bonus points for the artist for portraying their height difference well)

Thanks for sharing, bumblume. :)

baumblume

Avengers/X-Men: Bloodties Jean Grey Summers

baumblume

Avengers/X-Men: Bloodties Jean Grey Summers

baumblume

Great to see this card of Jean re-posted! We need to see this monthly, if not more often, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Great to see this card of Jean re-posted! We need to see this monthly, if not more often, lol.
    She’s got an intelligence ranking close to 0. What crap! Why even bother with these stupid cards.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She’s got an intelligence ranking close to 0. What crap! Why even bother with these stupid cards.
    The graph starting and going back to zero is silly. But if you count the inflection points between that, you'll see there are 5 of them, just like the number of attributes listed on the x axis. So her intelligence is actually 3, which is above average, but not genius-level. That seems appropriate to me.