Page 305 of 719 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    She really doesn't like the idea of having Creed at the school, but the straw that really breaks the camel's back for her is Jubilee having nightmares about him.

That's it. She has to do something about it. She tries to talk Scott, Ororo and Hank. She tries to talk to Charles.

And then she decides to talk to Creed himself.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, *the* Atom Bomb!

One of her best quotes ever. And one of the few times Scott fully trusts Jean to handle herself and not project his worries onto her. I was glad Fabien Nicieza put some respect on Jean's name after having her be blindsided by Psylocke(Kwannon) 8 issues earlier.

Anyway, these moments with Sabertooth living in the mansion, and Xavier's methods with Magneto really showed Jean coming into her own and confronting Xavier when she felt she needed to. Out of the O5, I think Jean and Hank were the first ones to address him as Charles and not just Professor
    Last edited by Omega_DCD; 06-18-2021 at 05:12 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    One of her best quotes ever. And one of the few times Scott fully trusts Jean to handle herself and not project his worries onto her. I was glad Fabien Nicieza put some respect on Jean's name after having her be blindsided by Psylocke(Kwannon) 8 issues earlier.
    Since the very early issues, Scott was protective of her. Being protective is in his personality. It's not a matter of not trusting or trying to subjugate her. It's his way of caring and loving.

Things became an actual problem for him during the time she was merged with the Phoenix. We tend to forget but, at some point, they formed their psychic rapport. He lived *her* struggle and *her* fear on top of his own. He felt her death!

Imagine it was must have been like for that poor man: one second she's there, a comforting presence in his mind (I'll repost some panels I shared on the couple's appreciation thread), the next second she's not.

Imagine the silence. The void. The despair.

She was not just his best friend. He loved her deeply. They were going to get married.

One doesn't get over it easily. It was a process for him and it there was still a tender spot when it came to the Phoenix. There will most likely always be, especially now that he knows first hand how it feels to deal with all that power.

But like I said, that period of the 90s was great for them. They stability in their relationship and the fact they have such a positive influence of modulating the other's more extreme tendencies, allowed both of to become stronger, calmer, more confident. It felt like a natural progression for them, the sign of emotional maturity.

And yes, the way he behaves towards her this entire issue is amazing. :)

truer tea has never been spilled:

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-jean-grey-...-gala-costume/

X-Men: The Hellfire Gala Gives Jean Grey a PERFECT New Look

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

Everyday something about Jean's costume hahaha. I'm thinking this is Hickman's evil plan hahaha

images (3).jpg

Thanks for sharing. :)

Some comments (just my opinion/preference, please, guys, don't get upset about it).

"Jean donned her Marvel Girl costume in an effort to reject the Phoenix's destructive power. In this way, the Marvel Girl costume is significant for Jean's independence from the Phoenix, and her return to it echoes her recent rejection of the Phoenix Force."

I can see this echo chamber forming... We'll be dealing with this for years... *sigh*

Also, while I don't mind Jean wearing green, can we please *not* limit her to it? She had the X-Factor red costume, the 90s yellow one, the Revolution red one, Morrison's grey/black, [EDIT: X-Men: Red one]... Not to mention the group uniforms and others she wore for shorter periods of time.

Don't get me wrong, please: I'd *love* to see the gala outfit slightly modified so it would become her costume.

I just don't want her to be forever limited to wearing green because it's "her" colour.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-18-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Thanks for sharing.

Some comments (just my opinion/preference, please, guys, don't get upset about it).

"Jean donned her Marvel Girl costume in an effort to reject the Phoenix's destructive power. In this way, the Marvel Girl costume is significant for Jean's independence from the Phoenix, and her return to it echoes her recent rejection of the Phoenix Force."

I can see this echo chamber forming... We'll be dealing with this for years... *sigh*

Also, while I don't mind Jean wearing green, can we please *not* limit her to it? She had the X-Factor red costume, the 90s yellow one, the Revolution red one, Morrison's grey/black, [EDIT: X-Men: Red one]... Not to mention the group uniforms and others she wore for shorter periods of time.

Don't get me wrong, please: I'd *love* to see the gala outfit slightly modified so it would become her costume.

I just don't want her to be forever limited to wearing green because it's "her" colour.
    I’m gonna tell you a secret : I used to kinda like the 70’s costume but the well has been poisoned the moment I read the “try harder marvel girl” panel, It did not bring any additional value to the story, it was just cheap and gratuitous, Just like this need to put her in the old rag I just don’t think it is coming from a good place.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m gonna tell you a secret : I used to kinda like the 70’s costume but the well has been poisoned the moment I read the “try harder marvel girl” panel, It did not bring any additional value to the story, it was just cheap and gratuitous, Just like this need to put her in the old rag I just don’t think it is coming from a good place.
    At this point, what else can we say about this insistence, right?

X-men 28 is one of my all time favorite X-men issues. I loved Jean standing up to Sabretooth and knocking him around. I also loved the issue because we got various emotions from Jean and we saw her disagree with Xavier. It is almost perfection to me. I re-read this one often too.

Salarta, I did want to echo Grinning Soul and say I do love Lorna and I hope she also has great things ahead in Duggan's X-men book. A creative writer can work with characters with similar or the same powers... a prime example is Morrison's New X-men where we had Jean, Emma, Xavier, Quire and the Stepford Cuckoos.

Lastly, RD's Jean Grey outfit for the Gala was also perfection for me. It could easily be tweaked to be an awesome Jean Grey costume. I doubt it will happen but it so could. I think they are adamant that Jean be Marvel Girl in look and name as it does signify her separation from the Phoenix.

LOVE that it mentions that Jean is Mutant Royalty! Yes, she is indeed!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

That was uncalled for. You won't see the writers taking shots like this on Cyclops or Emma

At this point, what else can we say about this insistence, right?

Haha perfect!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That was uncalled for. You won't see the writers taking shots like this on Cyclops or Emma
    None of the regulars have ever been accused of not giving their best, especially in a life-death situation, she gave her life multiple times for the cause, lost her family and her affection, she had to literally put aside her feelings so that scott would muster the will to keep leading the x-men, it’s quite insulting from an in-universe pov.

None of the regulars have ever been accused of not giving their best, especially in a life-death situation, she gave her life multiple times for the cause, lost her family and her affection, she had to literally put aside her feelings so that scott would muster the will to keep leading the x-men, it’s quite insulting from an in-universe pov.
    Yeah I don't know what was up with that line. I guess it was to show Monet's personality. Also, it is in-character for Jean not to know her own strength so maybe they were going with Jean not realizing she could do it on her own. Who knows. It wasn't well done and the art didn't help. I love Pepe's art but the over exaggeration of facial expressions doesn't always help. Jean did look very upset.

I went off when that issue came out and so many folks came at me here. I felt like a pariah for nearly a month lol But I've come to the conclusion that Jean was a mess due to her injury and the deaths of Warren and Husk. That is how I will explain it away.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Except when they spent a year calling Cyclops Hitler for trying to save his people and wrote Emma as insane in order to make the Inhumans look good.

But obviously you're just going to ignore that so you can keep doing what you do I guess.

Agree, They never recognize all the times Jean sacrificed herself for the mutants. Meanwhile Emma got tortured and delivered to villains a anti-mutant vaccine.
    but onlly jean receives flack of a weaker TP and a much younger generation than her.
    That is like Morata mocking Messi; A college footbal player mocking Tom Brady.