Page 282 of 719 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 10783
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

There's plenty of making sense of it. You just don't want to listen.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    There's plenty of making sense of it. You just don't want to listen.
    I'm listening. Say that the mini skirt is better than a bunch of her costumes is not true. Jean has at least 3 or 4 great costumes.
    dauterman just designed one for the Gala

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    X-men red isn't ugly. There still revoluction, Morrison, X-men blue, bendis.

There isn't any making sense to use the mini skirt
    It's one of the ugliest costumes she's ever worn, it's a bulky Optimus Prime looking mess and was torn apart by fans when it was first revealed. Blue/Bendis are child costumes, Morrison's is very much a place in time. Her miniskirt look is iconic, fact.

It makes perfect sense. You just refuse to listen and approach it from a place of extreme fanboyism rather than a logical unbiased perspective. A perspective that is hard to value when you only care about one character and you want us to go back to a mediocre forgettable era like Red/Blue/Gold just because Jean was the lead character in a barely average book (**** the franchise as a whole I guess?) and your obsession with Emma/the fact that most creators like her more than Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    My answer to the x-men Monday interview

Lovely!

God, White and company are such haters. Just do not give two wits about the character. They should just stop mentioning her in interviews altogether. Any thought they publicize about her is either Cyclops-centered or pretty much just "eh, we didn't feel like giving her much thought."

At least the goofy "they have a story reason for the dress" defence forcing for Marvel can stop lol

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I'm listening. Say that the mini skirt is better than a bunch of her costumes is not true. Jean has at least 3 or 4 great costumes.
    dauterman just designed one for the Gala
    The gala one was mediocre. I'm not a fan of the ballet slippers. Her green dress is iconic. Having the Phoenix wear pants was interesting because they wanted to say that people with real power don't wear skirts. Wearing a skirt and being powerful negates the stereotype of dresses being something weak.

BANNED

Also, the Morrison costume remains the logical choice. They just don't like it because they don't like her depiction from that era lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Also, the Morrison costume remains the logical choice. They just don't like it because they don't like her depiction from that era lol
    I mwan the Morrison costume was just dry. No personality.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Yeah, that's not the reason why. Morrison is Hickman's favorite run. Try again.

The reason they don't use the Morrison design is because, as I mentioned in the thread for X-Men Monday 110, they aren't overly fond of uniform designs right now. Krakoa is all about individuality and knowing one's self - which is a huge part of why they picked the Marvel Girl dress. Would the 90s costume have worked just as well for that point? Sure. But the 90s costume is a basic overly designed costume from the 1990s with too many pouches for it's own good and at least one majorly bad design choice (the crotch triangle), and it doesn't nearly have the sentimental conceit that the dress does.

When Red came back she ended up in the costume that she did because it was necessary to ward off Cassandra Nova's Sentinites, and she stayed in it because it was her most recent costume for a very short time before going to the Age of X-Man and picking a costume that was based on and very similar to the Marvel Girl dress, and then when she had the chance in the current era, she picked the dress. In-universe Jean has a clear fondness for the costume, and maybe if Red had never happened she might've picked it when she went back to superheroics anyway. Yes, that's because of creators' own potential fondness or reasoning, but it's still the truth. Even as a teenager she designed a costume similar to it in Extraordinary after denouncing it during Bendis' run. It's plain and simple: Jean just likes it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I know y'all are tired of talking about her costume, dress etc

But since it became a popular topic in recent days, i think this costume IMO, it's her most "iconic" or most well known costume (maybe because of that horrible animated show too)

And the fact that Rogue still wearing that costume till today

BANNED

Yeah, that's not the reason why. Morrison is Hickman's favorite run. Try again.

The reason they don't use the Morrison design is because, as I mentioned in the thread for X-Men Monday 110, they aren't overly fond of uniform designs right now. Krakoa is all about individuality and knowing one's self - which is a huge part of why they picked the Marvel Girl dress. Would the 90s costume have worked just as well for that point? Sure. But the 90s costume is a basic overly designed costume from the 1990s with too many pouches for it's own good and at least one majorly bad design choice (the crotch triangle), and it doesn't nearly have the sentimental conceit that the dress does.

When Red came back she ended up in the costume that she did because it was necessary to ward off Cassandra Nova's Sentinites, and she stayed in it because it was her most recent costume for a very short time before going to the Age of X-Man and picking a costume that was based on and very similar to the Marvel Girl dress, and then when she had the chance in the current era, she picked the dress. In-universe Jean has a clear fondness for the costume, and maybe if Red had never happened she might've picked it when she went back to superheroics anyway. Yes, that's because of creators' own potential fondness or reasoning, but it's still the truth. Even as a teenager she designed a costume similar to it in Extraordinary after denouncing it during Bendis' run. It's plain and simple: Jean just likes it.
    And what, whether based on what has been written in comics or said in interviews, makes you think the bolded has anything to do with Jean? lol

And if I was writing it, she would like the Morrison costume; there's no thought behind it. There's no nuance here beyond, "You feel like coming up with a new supe identity? Nah. I don't really care either. The dress is kinda hot".

Fantastic Member

I mean this take is just cringe tbh. Do you genuinely think Hickman has such a petty mindset.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I mean this take is just cringe tbh. Do you genuinely think Hickman has such a petty mindset.
    Free Thighs for a Free People, my friend.

Hickman is just a human person. You shouldn't pedestal people.

And what, whether based on what has been written in comics or said in interviews, makes you think the bolded has anything to do with Jean? lol
    Did you forget what you said? You know? The thing you said barely over an hour ago? Let me refresh your memory:

If they didn't like how Jean was written then they wouldn't keep referencing that run or talking about things she did there; but I also know that arguing with you about anything is arguing with a brick wall, so I don't know why I'm wasting my time.

BANNED

Did you forget what you said? You know? The thing you said barely over an hour ago? Let me refresh your memory:

If they didn't like how Jean was written then they wouldn't keep referencing that run or talking about things she did there; but I also know that arguing with you about anything is arguing with a brick wall, so I don't know why I'm wasting my time.
    Where/when has the bolded happened? lol

Where/when has the bolded happened? lol
    The giant size issue was basically a remake from one of Morrison's issues aside from that I can't think of anything