Page 287 of 719 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 10783
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    That’s not dealing with the situation, Jean is the kind of woman that rights wrongs, running away is actually the immoral choice here.
    There's no room for such black and white thinking when it comes to wetworks.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    She did deal with a difficult situation...by walking away from it. Jean probably shouldn't have been part of a wetworks team anyway where you are guaranteed to have shady stuff going on, unless you want to see her compromise her values.
    There is a such thing as being in over your head, which was the case for her.

Someone asked about what we like about the Hickman era. I love the world building, I love the new mutant nation on Krakoa, and I love a good status quo change.

The things I like about Jean: I loved the Giant Sized Jean and Emma issue. Sure it was an homage and could have been more original but it was still a good showing for Jean. It also shown that Jean and Emma are on friendlier terms. I love the fact that Jean was on the Quiet Council. I work with a team to help run an agency so I totally vibed with that. I also vibed (are you kids still using that term lol) with Jean being on X-force on the intelligence side. I understand why Percy had Jean leave and I do think she was kind of being a placeholder... being on X-force until she was moved elsewhere.

I loved X-force issues 1-6, and issue 10. I liked that Jean got to help in the resurrection of Xavier in issue 3 and I liked how she saved the day in X-force 10. I loved Beast and Jean's friendship in New X-men so I'm sad to see them at odds and seeing Beast go further into bad guy terrority (wasn't Rosenberg trying to rehabilitate him some in his short lived Astonishing run??).

Jean was used fairly well in a lot of the Hickman issues that he used her though I felt it was still a bit lacking. House of X 4 was mostly a yikes but even then I liked the role Jean played with regards to her telepathy. I liked Scott and Jean's role in X of Swords. They had a subplot through the crossover and even though they weren't the main stars they still had a important role to play.

I think as stans we want so much more but sometimes it is fun to not advocate for anything and just enjoy the run for what it is. Having said that I am hoping for good things in Planet Size and Duggan's book. Beyond competent power feats I want to see more of Jean's personality and to see her interact with a lot of other characters. I want to see her grow as an X-men leader. I want her to have her own story apart from Cyclops and Wolverine. At least being involved with the omega team has her doing something away from Scott and Logan. I hope in the future there are other things for the omega mutants to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    That’s not dealing with the situation, Jean is the kind of woman that rights wrongs, running away is actually the immoral choice here.
    It's a genocide. No way to turn your back on it, Beast deserve to be served justice.

The only Thing I liked on Krakoa is that Jean and Ororo friendship moments. the rest was underwhelming or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post
    I'm used to the MG costume by now tbh . Some artists make it look ugly , like the one in the cover posted above ( legit dishwashing gloves) and some can make it look cute even, like Dautermann. Larraz is an amazing artist but his rendition of the costume is also horrible( Long, goofy mask, dishwashing gloves, oversized boots, etc) so I'm prepared already for Jean to look a mess every panel he draws her with the costume on. The other visuals should be great though.
    The dress and the mask are hard to make it work. Specially that a artist has deadlines so it won't look as good as it was a pin up, they have to go faster
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-15-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's a genocide. No way to turn your back on it, Beast deserve to be served justice.
    But, was it? The art and the words in that X-Force #10 told two different stories, almost.

The words seemed to indicate X-Force saved Terra Verde.

The picture in the temple looked like it was full of dead folks, though, or I guess they could have been knocked out. Also, what exactly happened to the whole population pf the country was a little vague.

I don’t think the story was clear enough.

If Beast is guilty of genocide, doesn’t that actually justify Orchis, Nimrod, the Sentinels and all of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    But, was it? The art and the words in that X-Force #10 told two different stories, almost.

The words seemed to indicate X-Force saved Terra Verde.

The picture in the temple looked like it was full of dead folks, though, or I guess they could have been knocked out. Also, what exactly happened to the whole population pf the country was a little vague.

I don’t think the story was clear enough.

If Beast is guilty of genocide, doesn’t that actually justify Orchis, Nimrod, the Sentinels and all of that?
    The Hellfire Gala confimed that it was a genocide

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've been generally satisfied with many of her appearances throughout this era so far. I especially liked when Jean walked away from her seat at the QC and her reasoning for doing so. It was a quiet moment and a powerful one.
    Jean Grey X-Men 16.jpg
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Those expecting Jean to do something impressive in Planet sized, prepare to be disappointed. Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Those expecting Jean to do something impressive in Planet sized, prepare to be disappointed. Meh
    Thanks for the heads up. Gerry promised the bigger feat since Krakoa started

BANNED

I heard she at least has telekinesis in this issue lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Gerry promised the bigger feat since Krakoa started
    Where/when did he promise that?
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-15-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Guys... about this discussion concerning Jean's actions and the X-Force...

spoilers:
    It assumes she's not affected by an external influence. But, apparently, all of them are.

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2021/0...pents-in-eden/

The question is posed at about 26:11
    Answer starts at about 26:41, the spoilers come a bit later at 27:53
    end of spoilers

Please, if you take this into consideration, be mindful of spoilers.

Astonishing Member

Well as long as Jean manages to pull off a telepathic feat that no other mutant could pull off I'll be happy.

Planet Size Xmen was just a disappointment overall, for Jean and the story. Not really a stand alone issue, im gutted Jean had so little to do.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well as long as Jean manages to pull off a telepathic feat that no other mutant could pull off I'll be happy.
    Narrator: “she didn’t”

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Planet Size Xmen was just a disappointment overall, for Jean and the story. Not really a stand alone issue, im gutted Jean had so little to do.
    I knew they were going to disappoint, the heads in charge of these comics aren’t going to magically change their view on the place she’s meant to have in the stories
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I haven’t had the chance to read the story yet but with snippets I saw on twitter I have to say I’m happy with things Jean got to do. I can go into more detail when we are allowed to discuss spoilers.