Page 173 of 719 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She seems alright in this fairie Netflix show lol
    Jessica Chastain 4 ever!

She seems alright in this fairie Netflix show lol
    It would be interesting cause Bloom is like totally inspired by Jean with her whole secret fiery power/force inside her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It would be interesting cause Bloom is like totally inspired by Jean with her whole secret fiery power/force inside her.
    She looks the part, can play that dual sweet/spicy jekyll/Hyde thing, and is in the middle of a somewhat similar on-screen story, and only 23. It fits so well.

BANNED

X-Force #19 was a solid Jean issue. She wasn't the focus, but she was depicted as a capable, maybe even quite powerful and experienced, hero with the kind of calming mom influence that is often overplayed and a couple of subtle hints that maybe she is a little scarier than just "mom". That's all you can ask for.

And did she just unquit X-Force? Thank the Bright Lady!
    Even before today's issue, the bulk of her interactions in the book have been with Beast lol
    Jean's prowess and experience as a telepath are being showcased in this issue. Her seasoned personality is described through her words about what she is been through. She still believes that they are a team in context. That shows strong will despite Kid Omega's pulling strings. Somehow this interaction made me felt like she was conversing with his son "Kid" Cable.
    Percy was also able to her expose her moral ground through her authority over Beast b4. But it's just that it is becoming ineffectual if you look at the bigger picture bc Percy wasn't able to higher up the stakes. He is just focusing on the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Marvel woman sounds so cheesy and bad...like a relic of the 60s, why would some Jean fans want this? She’s either Jean Grey or Phoenix. She’s come back and reinvented herself enough times that the Phoenix codename works.
    Because she’s currently being called Marvel Girl which is actually worse, Clearly they don’t intend to invest any creative power into giving her a new image/Super hero identity, so if we are getting lemons we might as well make lemonade and at least have her progress to Marvel Woman, we have a miss marvel and a captain marvel, Jean has been using the marvel moniker ever since the x-men creation so it’s just another side of her history and legacy, Is she supposed to lose this as well just like the phoenix? Why is it always about taking things away instead of building upon the past? I’d rather avoid another prestige incident.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-23-2021 at 04:02 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Because she’s currently being called Marvel Girl which is actually worse, Clearly they don’t intend to invest any creative power into giving her a new image/Super hero identity, so if we are getting lemons we might as well make lemonade and at least have her progress to Marvel Woman, we have a miss marvel and a captain marvel, Jean has been using the marvel moniker ever since the x-men creation so it’s just another side of her history and legacy, Is she supposed to lose this as well just like the phoenix? Why is it always about taking things away instead of building upon the past? I’d rather avoid another prestige incident.
    Daedra, I would love to see you do a "Marvel Girl" to "Marvel Woman" to "Phoenix" images, where we see Jean change!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Daedra, I would love to see you do a "Marvel Girl" to "Marvel Woman" to "Phoenix" images, where we see Jean change!
    I would like to see this evolution as well, but I don't know if I would like to see the codename phoenix. I mean ... If Hickman were to do a development for her, that would be it. She could use wearing the Marvel Girl costume as nostalgia as she did before X-Men Red and she would have changed into SoX for another costume and code-named Marvel Woman. But this is just my hallucination ... She will continue to wear this **** suit because Hickman wants it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I would like to see this evolution as well, but I don't know if I would like to see the codename phoenix. I mean ... If Hickman were to do a development for her, that would be it. She could use wearing the Marvel Girl costume as nostalgia as she did before X-Men Red and she would have changed into SoX for another costume and code-named Marvel Woman. But this is just my hallucination ... She will continue to wear this **** suit because Hickman wants it
    Yes. If Hickman were to decide to do a serious development for Jean he would have her be Phoenix. I think part of the reason he made Jean into Marvel Girl is so he can ultimately do his own Phoenix story and reimagine the Phoenix like he has all the other X-Men core concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Yes. If Hickman were to decide to do a serious development for Jean he would have her be Phoenix. I think part of the reason he made Jean into Marvel Girl is so he can ultimately do his own Phoenix story and reimagine the Phoenix like he has all the other X-Men core concepts.
    If this is really the reason, then I am okay with it because it will just be a matter of time before Hickman does his story of Jean into Phoenix.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    If this is really the reason, then I am okay with it because it will just be a matter of time before Hickman does his story of Jean into Phoenix.
    Look ... I have bad news hahaha
    Hickman doesn't care about Jean. I want to see if he will be the one to write the storm book on the space mission

Hickman doesn't care about Jean. I want to see if he will be the one to write the storm book on the space mission
    I know. I always have Hope, lol. We really do not know what we will get.

Maybe after he is gone of x-men books.

I really think that Marvel Girl name and costume are Jean being nostalgic of that era. The development would mean that she needs to accept that her life changed and move on with her life

I don't have any expectation that Hickman would use Phoenix with Jean. In the beginning I sort of hoped for it but I think the whole point of the Marvel Girl look and codename is to say she's done with Phoenix. That was the point in Phoenix Resurrection (as we recall she was left in the Marvel Girl look as the Phoenix was like "we can pretend this never happened" or whatever).
    Even if Hickman uses the Phoenix eventually it may have nothing to do with Jean. It is something I've accepted. But Jean still has important roles to play such as X-men leader, omega mutant, etc.

I can't wait to see her co-leading the X-men and interacting with characters like Rogue, Sunfire, and Synch. I was reading a thread on twitter that Duggan isn't so much a team book writer... that even in his team books he mostly focuses on a few characters at a time (not a shock considering Marauders, but I admit not being familiar with his other works). It would be nice to see some Jean centric issues or even just an issue in the upcoming new X-men book.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I don't have any expectation that Hickman would use Phoenix with Jean. In the beginning I sort of hoped for it but I think the whole point of the Marvel Girl look and codename is to say she's done with Phoenix. That was the point in Phoenix Resurrection (as we recall she was left in the Marvel Girl look as the Phoenix was like "we can pretend this never happened" or whatever).
    Even if Hickman uses the Phoenix eventually it may have nothing to do with Jean. It is something I've accepted. But Jean still has important roles to play such as X-men leader, omega mutant, etc.

I can't wait to see her co-leading the X-men and interacting with characters like Rogue, Sunfire, and Synch. I was reading a thread on twitter that Duggan isn't so much a team book writer... that even in his team books he mostly focuses on a few characters at a time (not a shock considering Marauders, but I admit not being familiar with his other works). It would be nice to see some Jean centric issues or even just an issue in the upcoming new X-men book.
    You should read his Uncanny Avengers run
    It was a great team book

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    You should read his Uncanny Avengers run
    It was a great team book
    It was focused heavily on Rogue