Page 155 of 719 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 10783

Can he please return to the X-books? Thank you

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Jean is going to be a major player in Dark Ages is what he's hinting at.

But I'd love him back on Jean in the X-Books again.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Look how powerful the Scarlet Witch is, so it isn’t just male characters who get to remain powerful. Look at Captain Marvel and Spectrum. Or even Magik.

I think the X-office thought the Phoenix fit in the way of certain stories they wanted to tell, including leading up to Hickman’s run. Age of X-Man and those story lines could not happen with the Phoenix.

I don’t think that was a good idea long term, particularly with the cosmic and mystical stories the X-Men are getting into. Perhaps as they develop this world more there will be Phoenix/Jean.
    It's all on Matthew Rosenberg that the Phoenix left though. Daniel Ketchum intended for us to have a space epic with Jean as the Phoenix and the Phoenix Force and all of that. Rosenberg came in and convinced Ketchum that his Lynchian take was a better way to go.

Age of X-Man and Disassembled were also by different editors entirely. Ketchum was gone by the time they came in, and JDW didn't have a say in whether or not Jean was Phoenix.

I'll be honest: I'm enjoying this idea of Jean being strong and capable beyond the Phoenix Force even if I believe she should have it. And no, I don't care if you disagree so don't bother trying to harsh someone's mellow.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 04-14-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I prefer Jean without a phoenix. X-Men Red showed her potential well.
    But I would think it was cool that she had a connection to the phoenix.
    I don't know, like ... The phoenix needs to carry out a mission and calls Jean. Or Jean needs to do some mission and she needs the phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Anyone else looking forward to Duggan's Jean Grey? Not that he's ever written her but I think he handles characters well even if people think he favors some over others.

I think everyone favors some characters over others.
    The problem is that the writer have been writing not very good books on x-men. I don't think he knows how to handle powerful characters

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Can I dream?

Attachment 108428

Someone shared a photo of Jean with Gabby on Twitter
    Gabby and Jean was so wholesome. Hope that dark ages will finally be solicited this year yet
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-14-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The problem is that the writer have been writing not very good books on x-men. I don't think he knows how to handle powerful characters

Gabby and Jean was so wholesome. Hope that dark ages will finally be solicited this year yet
    This dark ages is about what?

Jean sightings (platet od the symbiotes 3)

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

This dark ages is about what?
    The world without tech after a eletromagnetic pulse

so a world where telephones dont work and telepaths are in high demand

The world without tech after a eletromagnetic pulse
    ♪ It's been Magneto all along ♪

♪ It's been Magneto all along ♪
    I thought he was good now. Is he bad again? Jean will have to squeeze his helmet.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I thought he was good now. Is he bad again? Jean will have to squeeze his helmet.
    Its non-canon and isnt known if Magneto is even in it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Jean is going to be a major player in Dark Ages is what he's hinting at.

But I'd love him back on Jean in the X-Books again.

It's all on Matthew Rosenberg that the Phoenix left though. Daniel Ketchum intended for us to have a space epic with Jean as the Phoenix and the Phoenix Force and all of that. Rosenberg came in and convinced Ketchum that his Lynchian take was a better way to go.

Age of X-Man and Disassembled were also by different editors entirely. Ketchum was gone by the time they came in, and JDW didn't have a say in whether or not Jean was Phoenix.

I'll be honest: I'm enjoying this idea of Jean being strong and capable beyond the Phoenix Force even if I believe she should have it. And no, I don't care if you disagree so don't bother trying to harsh someone's mellow.
    I don’t know why you seem to be looking for a fight. This is a discussion forum, so it’s natural that people agree AND disagree all the time.

As for the Rosenberg situation, that editorial actually maintained that crappy story and got rid of the Bendis pink
    Psionic powers tells me it is an editorial level decision.

BANNED

Scarlet With is barely used lately and they made her mentally unstable. She isnt a good example of writers dealing with powerful female characters

Maybe Jean doesn't need to stay as x-men? just a thought
    Wandavision was the top rated series on Disney plus and was loved by the critics.

Few female Marvel characters have ever had the development or exposure of the Scarlet Witch as early this year......

That actually has a lot to say for Marvel and Jean going forward.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don’t know why you seem to be looking for a fight. This is a discussion forum, so it’s natural that people agree AND disagree all the time.
    I'm not looking for a fight - I'm sick and tired of fans coming at me for not thinking Jean has been a telephone lately, so no any post I make about that is going to have to be prefaced with the fact that I'm not looking to argue.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Dont patronize me!

Polish_20210414_231917763.jpg