Page 106 of 719 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it's a met gala equivalent, its meant to be high fashion, one of a kid hand-made.
    The MAIN GOAL is to cause a scene, to make an artistic statement, to be worn in a once in a life-time ocasion and to get people talking and inspired.
    It's meant to be scandalous, not something you can see on the street OR buy on a store.
    I supposed there was a purpose. The X-men weren’t created to be models, though… They are supposed to like what they wear.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Or a red version closer to the revolution look
    Attachment 107398
    This metallic red looks great with the gold and silver. I just would not want them to use the regular red color that blends into Jean's hair.

The silver portion could even be black or green and still look good. So many options!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I supposed there was a purpose. The X-men weren’t created to be models, though… They are supposed to like what they wear.
    They are wearing the outfits...so one can assume they like and chose the outfits. Unless you believe that Emma and Charles are mind-controlling them all into wearing such Haute Couture.

And if that's your belief well...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They are wearing the outfits...so one can assume they like and chose the outfits. Unless you believe that Emma and Charles are mind-controlling them all into wearing such Haute Couture.

And if that's your belief well...
    I just think this costume stuff is representative of this whole run: outfits have been created and the X-men have just to get into, no matter what their personnality and tastes once were.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I just think this costume stuff is representative of this whole run: outfits have been created and the X-men have just to get into, no matter what their personnality and tastes once were.

Who is wearing an outfit that goes against their taste or personality?

I don’t see how this is that out of character for a lot them. Jean, Storm, and Rogue’s looks are pretty close to what they wear as superhero outfits. Betsy used to be a model. Monet and Emma are definitely extra enough to wear these. Angel is wealth personified. Kate is a member of the Hellfire Company so she has to pull up and she has historically had no fashion sense.

I think that just leaves Cyclops and Rachel. For Cyke i could very easily see a scene where Emma/ Jean (mostly Emma) are convincing him to dress up for the Gala even though he doesn’t want to. Rachel is the biggest question mark especially because it calls back to her dark past so the writing will have to explain her get up.

Betsy is the only one who's outfit feels off. The rest to me seem like something they'd wear and fit their personality perfect

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Who is wearing an outfit that goes against their taste or personality?
    A lot of characters like rachel and cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm also flabbergasted by this for a long time. Hickman's X-Men are taking up Morrison's idea of mutant culture and pushing it forward (new cultural rituals, new language, new relationship models, new government, new religion etc.) but aesthetically all stayed the same or even went backward. Big miss in my eyes.

Right now Xavier's, Jean's, and Magneto's looks are the only things that is particular about the current era's aesethic.

it is time now for a new mutant fashion!!!
    Mutant culture is pure BS, genetics doesnt unite people. Mutants from different countries have different cultures and religions
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-17-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

Mutant culture is pure BS, genetics doesnt unite people. Mutants from different countries have different cultures and religions
    As many have pointed out before, gay culture is definitely a thing and LGBTQ+ people come from all different cultures and religions. It’s certainly a different type of culture, but culture nonetheless.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t see how this is that out of character for a lot them. Jean, Storm, and Rogue’s looks are pretty close to what they wear as superhero outfits. Betsy used to be a model. Monet and Emma are definitely extra enough to wear these. Angel is wealth personified. Kate is a member of the Hellfire Company so she has to pull up and she has historically had no fashion sense.

I think that just leaves Cyclops and Rachel. For Cyke i could very easily see a scene where Emma/ Jean (mostly Emma) are convincing him to dress up for the Gala even though he doesn’t want to. Rachel is the biggest question mark especially because it calls back to her dark past so the writing will have to explain her get up.
    I don't know why y'all hung up on Rachel's red Excalibur look? Like she wore it for almost the entirety of Excalibur because she liked it. She then switched to the Dark Phoenix look because she liked it, which was controversial for almost everyone. She's worn her houndmarks with no masking on her face for periods of time. She is not shy about her past and she has accepted it in the past, so looks like she's doing it again. She is making a statement on owning her past with this look as it's an homage to her time in Excalibur (which was a very happy time period for her) and also with a warwolf pet on a leash is also a callback to the fact they were bred to hunt her.

If ya'll don't like the costume, that's one thing. But clearly she's comfortable wearing it as she did for a long time, and if other mutants or friends aren't comfortable with the look it's probably their guilt manifesting for not lifting a finger last time to save her.

As many have pointed out before, gay culture is definitely a thing and LGBTQ+ people come from all different cultures and religions. It’s certainly a different type of culture, but culture nonetheless.
    Ditto. Culture can mean many things and isnt simply about ethnicity. There is gay culture, athletic culture, musical culture, etc...

It's not really a thing, people from different parts of the world will have different ways. people think that every gay culture is like the ocidental one, but it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't know why y'all hung up on Rachel's red Excalibur look? Like she wore it for almost the entirety of Excalibur because she liked it. She then switched to the Dark Phoenix look because she liked it, which was controversial for almost everyone. She's worn her houndmarks with no masking on her face for periods of time. She is not shy about her past and she has accepted it in the past, so looks like she's doing it again. She is making a statement on owning her past with this look as it's an homage to her time in Excalibur (which was a very happy time period for her) and also with a warwolf pet on a leash is also a callback to the fact they were bred to hunt her.

If ya'll don't like the costume, that's one thing. But clearly she's comfortable wearing it as she did for a long time, and if other mutants or friends aren't comfortable with the look it's probably their guilt manifesting for not lifting a finger last time to save her.
    No I totally agree with pretty much everything you said! I just understand why some people are confused and I’m hoping for a moment where Rachel expresses what you’ve put so well into words to stick it to the haters.

It's not really a thing, people from different parts of the world will have different ways. people think that every gay culture is like the ocidental one, but it isn't
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_culture

LGBT culture is absolutely a thing, and I don’t really think you’re qualified to just dismiss it. Does it show up differently across the world? Absolutely. Does every LGBTQ+ person identify with said culture? Definitely not. Just like not every single mutant has ended up on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

Her brother went on a mission to save and the rest were sucked into a AU.

It's so old, if she is over it she doesn't need to double down on it