Page 11 of 719 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Jean's style in X-Men Red was just perfect.
    Amen!!!!!!!

X-Men Red #1 was just absolute perfection! I love this moment in the middle.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's not. Xavier was killed in the first issue of X-Force and resurrected by Jean. Even if lets say Nova had been controlling him in HOX, that would have ended at the very start of Dawn of X. Jean would have known as she is the one that put Xavier's mind into the husk. I actually think this was done early on to mitigate people's fears that he was evil
    .....didn't Cassandra Nova take possession of Xavier's body in NXM, right under the noses of Emma, Jean, the Cuckoos, and Quentin Quire without anyone knowing. She even went so far as to say goodbye to them, before leaving Earth, then invading the Shiar Empire using Xavier's body, and sending it into ruin? Not saying it's true, but it's also definitely not outside the spectrum of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    .....didn't Cassandra Nova take possession of Xavier's body in NXM, right under the noses of Emma, Jean, the Cuckoos, and Quentin Quire without anyone knowing. She even went so far as to say goodbye to them, before leaving Earth, then invading the Shiar Empire using Xavier's body, and sending it into ruin? Not saying it's true, but it's also definitely not outside the spectrum of possibilities.
    Xavier died. They had to clone his body and Jean had his mind in her head via Cerebro to place him into that new body. Yeah she would have known who's mind she put in there

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    The independence of changing clothes

Attachment 104762
    Variety in clothes is so a feminine thing…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Xavier died. They had to clone his body and Jean had his mind in her head via Cerebro to place him into that new body. Yeah she would have known who's mind she put in there
    True, but Jean was under a lot of strain at the time carrying all of Prof's mind/memories and wasn't Jean also suffering high fever from the nannite infection in her bloodstream? I think I remember Beast warning Jean to be careful because she was pushing herself while so sick, bleeding from the ears, nose and mouth and if anything happened to her, she would totally lose X in the process.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True, but Jean was under a lot of strain at the time carrying all of Prof's mind/memories and wasn't Jean also suffering high fever from the nannite infection in her bloodstream? I think I remember Beast warning Jean to be careful because she was pushing herself while so sick, bleeding from the ears, nose and mouth and if anything happened to her, she would totally lose X in the process.
    Im talking about the resurrection in X-Force in the current era, not New X-men

Im talking about the resurrection in X-Force in the current era, not New X-men
    Ah, so yeah, in your example, Jean should have known about it---so why didn't she?

In NXM, Celestialbodies example, I think Jean was overwhelmed with everything going on.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

My absolute favorite Jean moment from New X-men was Jean saving Xavier by housing his consciousness in her mind. I loved it so much and not because it was a great feat but because it demonstrated the lengths she would go to to save her mentor. I know some don't appreciate Xavier because he can be shady at times, but I've always loved the daughter-father dynamic between them. Often writers focus on the son-father relationship between Scott and Xavier but it is his relationship to Jean that I love. I know before anyone says it.. it makes it worse the thoughts he had about her that was brought up again in Onslaught.. and that does taint it all but what can you do? ::sigh::

It is hard to say when Jean eclipsed Xavier in terms of telepathy but in my mind it was the New X-men era (where Beast described Jean as a grown up omega mutant). Jean also came across as an equal to Xavier in that run which I loved. The obvious answer to the telepathy question is during Dark Phoenix but as we all know that became.... complicated.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah, so yeah, in your example, Jean should have known about it---so why didn't she?

In NXM, Celestialbodies example, I think Jean was overwhelmed with everything going on.
    Know about what?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Jean's style in X-Men Red was just perfect.
    X men Red was so good and the sales too, should have been a great opportunity for a solo comic by Jean. The young jean had her solo

X men Red was so good and the sales too, should have been a great opportunity for a solo comic by Jean. The young jean had her solo
    Xmen Red pretty much was her solo.

It would be a big plot to be the cassandra all this time ... Unless she had access to all the resurrection protocols and hacked them. She who gave the information to kill Prof Xavier and hide within the protocol?

Xmen Red pretty much was her solo.
    A solo with her name. And her being her team. It happens a lot with wolvie

A solo with her name. And her being her team. It happens a lot with wolvie
    I suppose. The Jean Grey solo ended right before Red launched so I wouldnt have been opposed to Taylor's concept being used as a relaunch of that title with Adult Jean taking over. I do think there was value in the direction they took though as it was a big deal to see Jean leading her own team of X-men in an actual X-men named book. It legitimized her leadership

Yeah X-men Red was pretty much a stealth solo for Jean. Like Havok mentioned it replaced the Teen Jean Grey solo book. It was great while it lasted. We were spoiled with it and the Teen Jean stuff that came before it. Jean was front and center for a bit. Hopefully with Jean and Cyclops restarting the X-men she will be front and center again (hopefully Hickman does great things with her).