Page 117 of 719 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 10783

While it's true that the writers and editors threw Jean under the bus for Scmma, and did the whole "Emma is much better, Jean and Scott was a high-school thing" etc, by the time Bendis took over the narrative had already shifted into "Scott doesn't really love Emma anymore and Jean is remembered as this perfect idealistic version of a woman".

We should love everyone equally nowadays. The Marvel comic is just showing us what we should do in relationships and become mature.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Scott literally choked Emma almost to death to steal her power, he never fucking loved her. She even said she was still secondary to a corpse more than once. That relationship was always a rebound and placeholder doomed to fail.
    He loved Emma, he even said that he didn't loved Jean anymore and that Emma was the love of her life

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    While it's true that the writers and editors threw Jean under the bus for Scmma, and did the whole "Emma is much better, Jean and Scott was a high-school thing" etc, by the time Bendis took over the narrative had already shifted into "Scott doesn't really love Emma anymore and Jean is remembered as this perfect idealistic version of a woman".
    That still is damage for Jean, narratives doesn't die specially that it was never refuted. No hard to see hateful comments about Jean having to be dead because she hold Scott back.

people don't love each other equally and nobody is required to do that.
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-19-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m not a fan of all this, I think it’s gonna end bad for Jean in general, for jott in particular and there won’t even be a jogan in the end because the real endgame here is scemma.
    I would die from sheer laughter if this was the end goal for Jott, more importantly does it make me a cynic if I believed that, that's exactly where this nonsense is heading lol. I didn't really mind the scene in X-force, I did figure it would draw a lot of attention on these boards. And I think if thr Gala wasn't ongoing a lot more attention would be on this issue but that scene in particular.

I can't say what direction Hickman will take Jott in, but I have said since the beginning how he currently writes them can't be a mistake they are the epitome of every negative concern readers have had about the Jott relationship. Nothing about it is intriguing or really adds anything overall to the characters, someone mentioned that there wasn't even a huge deal made out of their reuniting and their right. Thompson had an entire mini-series devoted to Rogue and Gambit, Jean and Scott have yet in nearly two years to have a single moment together that specifically highlights why these two people would choose to be together. Someone else mentioned how Scott and Jean are written like the X-men version of Reed and Sue and I have to disagree. Reed and Sue might be a lot of things but writers at least tries to develop their relationship and why they work, Jott hasn't seen actual development in a decade at this point. And it shows in the overall ambivalence Hickman has for them as couple in comparison to any of the other couples he writes, and it does bother me personally that had Scott and Emma still been together Hickman would be writing them so much more compelling and interesting.

So if all this is really leading to Scemma, I wouldn't be surprised but I would hope that UNLIKE last time Jean is given a new and meaningful direction to occupy her time.

EDIT- Oh and can I just say the X-force issue had such an odd and disjointed layout ESPECIALLY the scenes between Jean and Logan. That was really, the ONLY reason you had them in the comic and it was not a compelling reason. Sure it will ruffle a few feathers but as I was reading this issue I couldn't believe that the actual issue was acutally the final decision Percy made on the layout of the issue and it continues to baffle me.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-19-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Wolvie is no longer enough in all comics and teams. It still puts him in the middle of other people's relationships. I keep asking myself the motivations for doing this.

I just hope they don't kill off Jean again.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Don't worry! Marvel comic is always about recycle. If she died again, she will be revived again as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I would die from sheer laughter if this was the end goal for Jott, more importantly does it make me a cynic if I believed that, that's exactly where this nonsense is heading lol. I didn't really mind the scene in X-force, I did figure it would draw a lot of attention on these boards. And I think if thr Gala wasn't ongoing a lot more attention would be on this issue but that scene in particular.

I can't say what direction Hickman will take Jott in, but I have said since the beginning how he currently writes them can't be a mistake they are the epitome of every negative concern readers have had about the Jott relationship. Nothing about it is intriguing or really adds anything overall to the characters, someone mentioned that there wasn't even a huge deal made out of their reuniting and their right. Thompson had an entire mini-series devoted to Rogue and Gambit, Jean and Scott have yet in nearly two years to have a single moment together that specifically highlights why these two people would choose to be together. Someone else mentioned how Scott and Jean are written like the X-men version of Reed and Sue and I have to disagree. Reed and Sue might be a lot of things but writers at least tries to develop their relationship and why they work, Jott hasn't seen actual development in a decade at this point. And it shows in the overall ambivalence Hickman has for them as couple in comparison to any of the other couples he writes, and it does bother me personally that had Scott and Emma still been together Hickman would be writing them so much more compelling and interesting.

So if all this is really leading to Scemma, I wouldn't be surprised but I would hope that UNLIKE last time Jean is given a new and meaningful direction to occupy her time.

EDIT- Oh and can I just say the X-force issue had such an odd and disjointed layout ESPECIALLY the scenes between Jean and Logan. That was really, the ONLY reason you had them in the comic and it was not a compelling reason. Sure it will ruffle a few feathers but as I was reading this issue I couldn't believe that the actual issue was acutally the final decision Percy made on the layout of the issue and it continues to baffle me.
    It all look like it will come crumbling down. The perfect land, perfect family but it is all a lie. There is dark secrets behind it.

I thought I would never see Rogue and Gambit together again, but Thompson did a geat job with them. She even made me ship Carol/Rhodey just to break my heart. Scott and Jean just got together and that was it, no development, no reason to be together but to be a "big happy family"

This was a weird issue, maybe it had to do with a guest artist doing. Sometimes artists have freedom with layout, Cassara is pretty good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Wolvie is no longer enough in all comics and teams. It still puts him in the middle of other people's relationships. I keep asking myself the motivations for doing this.
    I really dont get this. He is just writers priority, not Jean's story.
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-19-2021 at 08:47 AM.

There is never a reason to do this, but there really is not one now since Phoenix is not part of Jean.

But if they do, then Jean fans need to really let Marvel know their error this time.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    There is never a reason to do this, but there really is not one now since Phoenix is not part of Jean.

But if they do, then Jean fans need to really let Marvel know their error this time.
    Jean didn't died because she had the Phoenix, she died to clean the way for Emma and Scott be happy.

Knowing that Hickman thought that Jean was better off dead, if he can get away like Morrison did, he might try to kill her off again

She's already died at least twice in this era. Killing her doesnt really hold the same weight as it once did

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Jean didn't died because she had the Phoenix, she died to clean the way for Emma and Scott be happy.

Knowing that Hickman thought that Jean was better off dead, if he can get away like Morrison did, he might try to kill her off again
    Well that is what I always heard that Jean is too powerful with the Phoenix so she has to die. Getting rid of Jean just to make scemma is even worse!

But whatever the reason if they kill Jean show Marvel your disapproval and stop buying all books, email them, go on your facebooks, and so forth to make it known that they better bring Jean back and quickly!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    And it shows in the overall ambivalence Hickman has for them as couple in comparison to any of the other couples he writes, and it does bother me personally that had Scott and Emma still been together Hickman would be writing them so much more compelling and interesting.
    No doubt about this. Writers love scemma especially Emma, it is easy to notice. That's the reason she is so well written most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well that is what I always heard that Jean is too powerful with the Phoenix so she has to die. Getting rid of Jean just to make scemma is even worse!

But whatever the reason if they kill Jean show Marvel your disapproval and stop buying all books, email them, go on your facebooks, and so forth to make it known that they better bring Jean back and quickly!
    Being super powerful never killed Carol Danvers, Thor, Scarlet Witch. They could just had her lose Phoenix, that wasn't the problem.

Fans always made pression for Jean comeback, marvel answer was to troll. I don't think they can get away witha loong period like they did before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    No doubt about this. Writers love scemma especially Emma, it is easy to notice. That's the reason she is so well written most of the time.
    Really unfair, specially that it came on the back of Jean and the lies that Morrison created against her
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-19-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Being super powerful never killed Carol Danvers, Thor, Scarlet Witch. They could just had her lose Phoenix, that wasn't the problem.

Fns awys made pression for Jean comeback, marvel answer was to troll.
    Thor was killed off and left dead for several years, coincidentally around the same time they killed Jean