Page 119 of 719 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Uncanny avengers was awful to Wanda, specially that it was a 180 on the way she dealt about mutant decimation. It was good that on the solo she was shown doing therapy and getting away from her brother's bad plans. Good thing is getting big sales because of the TV show.
    Wanda deserves a good 10 years moratory on shitty sensationalistic writing, time to dump **** on someone else
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

By Hickman, you mean. She was good on avengers weeklies and on her solo too

It really makes you think what is going on.
    None of that matters. Wanda has NEVER recovered from the character assassination she recieved. There is such vitriol and polarizing opinions when it comes to her which simply did not exist prior to Disassembled. She was a Tier 1 Avenger and has not been used as such since then. She was in a satelite book which didnt really redeem her and yes she had a solo but nothing now. Jean is just as much loved now as she was before she died. Marvel did not assassinate and go out of there way to make her so unbearable and unlikeable to the audience. People may not like some of the writing choices but in death she was always treated with respect and is still highly regarded as a beloved member and A-lister. Marvel has not respected Wanda and most of her fans and even her haters will agree

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I appreciate Jean's luxurious red hair. And I do like her in a darker green.
    HFG P-S XM 01 var.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

I mean jean at least got a retcon that made some level of sense and was logical enough to truly wash her away from those crimes, even as she took acountability and suffered severe consequences from that.

Wanda got to frolick europe like a trust fund brat on a mediavel journey trough the balkans, her jamaica bay retcon made no sense or basic logic, created more questions than answers AND even opened more ways to hate wanda as she is seen as going to a know unreliable and dangerous source for her magical desires(to a point even characters in the story question doom's confession, it makes no sense at all) AND trows it all on a character that if you follow any basic continuity, wasn't even on earth.
    Doom was stuck on hell around dissasembled-Hom, how the hell did he give wanda the life force.

Not only was her redemption retcon bad, the narrative that "wanda is a poor saint, the x-men are just whiny bullies" just added insult to injury, and the fact is wanda got her kids back, her team back, her conection to the man she hated was severed.
    In universe wanda got an equivelent of a slap on. the wrist
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-19-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    None of that matters. Wanda has NEVER recovered from the character assassination she recieved. There is such vitriol and polarizing opinions when it comes to her which simply did not exist prior to Disassembled. She was a Tier 1 Avenger and has not been used as such since then. She was in a satelite book which didnt really redeem her and yes she had a solo but nothing now. Jean is just as much loved now as she was before she died. Marvel did not assassinate and go out of there way to make her so unbearable and unlikeable to the audience. People may not like some of the writing choices but in death she was always treated with respect and is still highly regarded as a beloved member and A-lister. Marvel has not respected Wanda and most of her fans and even her haters will agree
    For sure Wanda got it a lot worse, in all the fronts. But I don't think Jean is as loved as she was before her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    HFG P-S XM 01 var.jpg
    I agree. Jean's long, thick, luscious red hair looks stunning!

That metallic green with the gold train looks so good.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was a bit on the fence before...but yes...dark metallic green and gold accents would be the ideal combination to reference her early MG/P looks while modernising the colour scheme. Plus, it really sets off her red hair and green eyes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

All of her redemptions arcs have been huge disasters, I always wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree. Jean's long, thick, luscious red hair looks stunning!

That metallic green with the gold train looks so good.
    The yellow train looks great, I want it to be her new field costume

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    All of her redemptions arcs have been huge disasters, I always wonder why?
    I think the end of AvX should have been it, but the follow up on Uncanny avengers was really bad.

Also editorial not giving up the decimation, she couldnt power up all the mutants. She only brought Rictor's powers back

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    HFG P-S XM 01 var.jpg
    Jean looks great here. Larraz is amazing

He loved Emma, he even said that he didn't loved Jean anymore and that Emma was the love of her life

That still is damage for Jean, narratives doesn't die specially that it was never refuted. No hard to see hateful comments about Jean having to be dead because she hold Scott back.

people don't love each other equally and nobody is required to do that.
    Scott was in love with Jean Grey since he was a teenager and she with him. As early as when she first saw him. She used to erect mental images of him as a teenager before he asked her out [UXM 308]. They had a psychic rapport where they shared thoughts at the speed of thought for like 15 comic years. They got married [X-men 30]. They raised Cable together in the future [Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix]. They retired from the X-Men and were ready to start a family before that stupid ass ridiculous "The Twelve" storyline which was hyped for a decade and turned out to be a giant turd of **** merged Cyclops with Apocalypse [Only for there to be no pay off or storyline for this whatsoever, except a rushed miniseries "the search for cyclops". There was nothing wrong with Scott and Jean until Morrison arbitrarily decided he wanted Scott with Emma of all people. Think about that, the most selfish and unlikeable of all the X-Men characters whose claim to fade is that she is a huge bitch and very witty and entertaining. If Scott was so in love with Emma why did he see Jean on the moon during AVX when he made her from scratch when he had the power to do anything? Why does he always dress Emma up like Jean Grey in his thoughts? Why does he dump his wife Madeline the moment dead Jean comes back to life. back in the 80's, permanently ruining his boy scout reputation? And Emma didn't even get that, she was dumped like a turd during AVX which was 7 years before Jean came back to life. Denial much. You should read some X-Men comics before quoting the trash that has been the X-Men in the last 15 years before Hickman.
    Last edited by BESTXMAN; 03-19-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Scott was in love with Jean Grey since he was a teenager and she with him. As early as when she first saw him. She used to erect mental images of him as a teenager before he asked her out [UXM 308]. They had a psychic rapport where they shared thoughts at the speed of thought for like 15 comic years. They got married [X-men 30]. They raised Cable together in the future [Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix]. They retired from the X-Men and were ready to start a family before that stupid ass ridiculous "The Twelve" storyline which was hyped for a decade and turned out to be a giant turd of **** merged Cyclops with Apocalypse [Only for there to be no pay off or storyline for this whatsoever, except a rushed miniseries "the search for cyclops". There was nothing wrong with Scott and Jean until Morrison arbitrarily decided he wanted Scott with Emma of all people. Think about that, the most selfish and unlikeable of all the X-Men characters whose claim to fade is that she is a huge bitch and very witty and entertaining. If Scott was so in love with Emma why did he see Jean on the moon during AVX when he made her from scratch when he had the power to do anything? Why does he always dress Emma up like Jean Grey in his thoughts? Why does he dump his wife Madeline the moment dead Jean comes back to life. back in the 80's, permanently ruining his boy scout reputation? And Emma didn't even get that, she was dumped like a turd during AVX which was 7 years before Jean came back to life. Denial much. You should read some X-Men comics before quoting the trash that has been the X-Men in the last 15 years before Hickman.
    I'm not denial. I never denied that they loved each other.

What I don't agree is that he never loved Emma, he clearly did. First he said that he would choose Emma over Jean and then on Phoenix Endsong he said that he didn't loved Jean anymore and that she should go away.

BANNED

Fox’s Phoenix movies were utter disasters, while Wandavision was a huge success.

The comics are behind the times, with the movies and now the streaming so big.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well that is what I always heard that Jean is too powerful with the Phoenix so she has to die. Getting rid of Jean just to make scemma is even worse!

But whatever the reason if they kill Jean show Marvel your disapproval and stop buying all books, email them, go on your facebooks, and so forth to make it known that they better bring Jean back and quickly!
    Being too powerful certainly isn’t a problem for Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange, or Thor in the MCU films. Jean she needs better writers who are not old school fan boys.