Page 123 of 719 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like that the Phoenix symbols are well-drawn on both the chest and the sash.

(Now I know some would say that on the green suit, the Phoenix chest symbol should be a bit smaller than the white suit because the Green Phoenix does not have as much control and power as the White Phoenix.)
    It really is the little things about that costume that makes it so great, yet these small details are almost always ignored or forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    It really is the little things about that costume that makes it so great, yet these small details are almost always ignored or forgotten!
    So true!

I am someone who notices and appreciates the little details!

For instance, both the green and white Phoenix Jean look powerful, as she should look. Jean as Phoenix is not only the most powerful X-Man but one of the most powerful entities around! Jean Phoenix can give Gladiator a good thrashing!

Yet, I have seen many renditions that make her look "cheese-cakey", almost stripper-esque, with one shoulder up, a longing look on her face and pouty lips. No powerful stance, no musculature, no confident, in control personality. Sometimes these versions also get the costume wrong with the small details as well!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The first two fox movies were a new thing and it created a great feeling to see the x-men on screen. X3 ruined the franchise. First Class was a decent movie that took a massive dump on the source material. It was downhill garbage from there. Only saving grace was Logan. Other that all trash from people who did not give a **** about the x-men.

Jean should keep the gala look and donated the marvel girl dress to Deadpool.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Jean should keep the gala look and donated the marvel girl dress to Deadpool.
    Yes. Wade gonna appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Wade gonna dance around wearing it?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

If only Dauterman would have omitted the cape for her. Female characters don't look good in them in my eyes. For the same reason I didn't like Supergirl or Storm's costume.

Wade gonna dance around wearing it?
    For sure!!! specilly if Jean gives it personally. nothing like the mother of your best friend resents you with a genuine item. Want to see more of Deadpool as Jean grey fanboy

Yes, the last Jean was very different from the comics. My guess that fox only does shallow research: Jean = phoenix, telepath, TK and a redhead.
    Fox only sees jean as a potential money maker for the Dark Phoenix Saga, but they don't put the time in to make that story worth it like the years it took in comics to make that story what is was.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Fox only sees jean as a potential money maker for the Dark Phoenix Saga, but they don't put the time in to make that story worth it like the years it took in comics to make that story what is was.
    Honestly, most people don't take the time to learn much about Jean, many of the past and current writers have never actually read the DPS. Like EVERYONE always describes the DPS in the most simplest terms, young girl gets power, girl gets overwhelmed, girl becomes evil. No nuance, no struggle, and if we're lucky barely any super-heroism.

Honestly, most people don't take the time to learn much about Jean, many of the past and current writers have never actually read the DPS. Like EVERYONE always describes the DPS in the most simplest terms, young girl gets power, girl gets overwhelmed, girl becomes evil. No nuance, no struggle, and if we're lucky barely any super-heroism.
    yeah and that annoys me. We almost never get to see Jean as Phoenix. She tends to get killed almost as soon as she powers up

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah and that annoys me. We almost never get to see Jean as Phoenix. She tends to get killed almost as soon as she powers up
    We also never saw the Phoenix costume in all glory

For sure!!! specilly if Jean gives it personally. nothing like the mother of your best friend resents you with a genuine item. Want to see more of Deadpool as Jean grey fanboy
    Haha, sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We also never saw the Phoenix costume in all glory
    Quoted for truth.

I feel like we have to beg and then wait and wait to get a Jean crumb tossed our way while other characters routinely get them.

I think that even the better writers we should be on the harder line with them, meaning, not to overly praise them directly when they present Jean the way she should be shown or in a way we love. We can certainly thank them (and dance around ourselves or on here), but also letting them know that this is what we the (paying) fans expect.

It is so sad that all of the movie big-wigs cannot get Jean correct on screen! And I am so tired of hearing all of the various excuses from budgets, to cutting a movie out to cutting the time down, to a change in script, someone beat them to another movie release with similar effects, a change in directors, yada, yada, yada!

Get someone in there who knows what to do!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-25-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Quoted for truth.

I feel like we have to beg and then wait and wait to get a Jean crumb tossed our way while other characters routinely get them.

I think that even the better writers we should be on the harder line with them, meaning, not to overly praise them directly when they present Jean the way she should be shown or in a way we love. We can certainly thank them (and dance around ourselves or on here), but also letting them know that this is what we the (paying) fans expect.

It is so sad that all of the movie big-wigs cannot get Jean correct on screen! And I am so tired of hearing all of the various excuses from budgets, to cutting a movie out to cutting the time down, to a change in script, someone beat them to another movie release with similar effects, a change in directors, yada, yada, yada!

Get someone in there who knows what to do!
    If there is one story the MCU should take directly off the comic page, it should be the Dark Phoenix Saga. But also please have Jean be Phoenix for one movie at least and she has to be intermetal in saving the universe as well. The saving the universe part is just as important as the killing a planet part.

Also if they are going to do AvX, who better to go against Scarlet Witch than Phoenix.