Page 125 of 719 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Byrne made Susan Storm more powerful in Fantastic Four. And his Lois Lane was a blast. Surprised to hear that he didn’t like Jean being powerful.
    it wasn't John Byrne that had Susan possessed by Malice?

Well he also screwed up with Wanda

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Susan fighting Psycho Man led to her becoming Invisible Woman rather than Girl. He also boosted her powers.

Bryne killed Vision because the previous writer had Vision turn evil and nobody followed it up.

EDIT: Oh wait. He wrote Darker than Scarlet. Thought that was Enlgehart. RIP.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 03-26-2021 at 08:56 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Not entirely. Claremont was happy to continue using Phoenix as a regular character in the book if not explicitly as a team member of the Uncanny X-Men - which I'm sure would've changed later - alongside Dave Cockrum. They loved Phoenix, they loved what they had done with the character of Jean Grey, and they should've. Before Byrne came on and wrecked it all they were doing great things with her.

But Byrne did come on, and Byrne is a raging misogynist. Phoenix was just the first of his victims; he came in and immediately hated the fact that Jean was a strong and powerful female force because he hated strong female forces. He's basically writing her as a child with no agency or power in his fanfiction.
    This is pure cringe

He also put the brocolli people on the planet, in the script the planet wasn't inhabitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This is pure cringe

He also put the brocolli people on the planet, in the script the planet wasn't inhabitated.
    Yes, you are correct, Rang10.

Fans might have taken this...stuff in the 70's, but nowadays, no way!

This is why I say (as should we all) that we want, expect and even demand not just an adequate portrayal of Jean in ANY media format, but the absolute best version of our Psionic Goddess!

And if not, we will not buy, rent, purchase said stuff. The fans are in charge, not the other way around.

Everything needs to be on point: Jean's look, costume, personality AND powers, whether as Phoenix or not.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

This is why I say (as should we all) that we want, expect and even demand not just an adequate portrayal of Jean in ANY media format, but the absolute best version of our Psionic Goddess!

And if not, we will not buy, rent, purchase said stuff. The fans are in charge, not the other way around.

Everything needs to be on point: Jean's look, costume, personality AND powers, whether as Phoenix or not.
    I always knew I was right to like you
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I always knew I was right to like you
    Thank you my Friend!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

Jean clearly has nothing good going on it we’re stuck on discussing 40 year old stories. That’s not the fault of Bryne. At this point it’s the current X-office editorial, starting with Phoenix Resurrection!

BANNED

Yes that's true, Wallstreeter, but we been knew current people in charge don't like Jean since like House of X.

What we currently have for Jean is to unravel the mystery of her relationship ... Whether the relationship is open, closed or whether she is cheating.

Big plot :s

We are currently on Jean Grey Phoenix Thread Page #125.

In X-Men #125, we saw Jean as Phoenix on the cover of X-Men in full-power. We also see Jean examined by Moira who said Jean's Psi Powers have made a Quantum Leap.

In X-Men #125, we saw Jean as Phoenix on the cover of X-Men in full-power. We also see Jean examined by Moira who said Jean's Psi Powers have made a Quantum Leap.
    Cool. You have a nice memory

Maybe Moira have some plans for Jean

First issue of Uncanny X-Men I read. Fell in love with Jean at once. Have loved her ever since. Powerful, beautiful, kind, scary, caring, mischievous. Such a complex, amazing character.

First issue of Uncanny X-Men I read. Fell in love with Jean at once. Have loved her ever since. Powerful, beautiful, kind, scary, caring, mischievous. Such a complex, amazing character.
    She really feels like a person in her complexicity of emotons and personality

The problem is how often fans sharing and asking for better writing are called out for harassing creators

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    What we currently have for Jean is to unravel the mystery of her relationship ... Whether the relationship is open, closed or whether she is cheating.

Big plot :s
    Really see that Jean being defined by romantic relationships
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-26-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Cool. You have a nice memory

Maybe Moira have some plans for Jean
    Thanks.

Yeah, that would be an interesting plot to see develop!

Really, first X-Men?

Wow, what a great issue! To say welcome to the X-Men.

The cover was spectacular. I remember a large yellow Phoenix Raptor with red around it (?)? It has been a long time since I last saw that cover.

What did you think when you first saw that cover? What made you pick it up? Was it the huge Phoenix on it?
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-26-2021 at 12:38 PM.