Page 128 of 719 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 10783

Positive? Positive will be me filling the hickman's email with my complaints. He he he
    images (8).jpg

Im with Phoenixx9. It can be a bit draining coming in this thread and almost everyday its people complaining about the same things

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Positive? Positive will be me filling the hickman's email with my complaints. He he he
    images (8).jpg
    Lol. Yes, that is one way to try to affect change.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im with Phoenixx9. It can be a bit draining coming in this thread and almost everyday its people complaining about the same things
    Thank you, Havok83!

Most definitely it can be draining and we need to be upbeat ourselves. Even when currently there may not be anything new.

As we know from Jean and many other heroes/heroines, there is sometimes long periods where the character is down, but will Rise Again in the Future.

Jean has almost 60 years of history which we can draw from (40 if you take away all of the years of absence).
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-29-2021 at 02:28 PM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Well, I don't imagine, honestly, that hickman is going to do anything positive for Jean. But I can be positive with any other writer ... In this Hellfire Gala I think that Jean will have good / great moments.

I perfectly know and agree with what you are saying, Andreikes. some people just have cllosed minds.

I think the Gala will be fun and agree good moments are to be found.

Jean sitting

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Let us all try to be positive that Jean will see the type of growth and showings that she deserves in 2021 and going forward.
    I hear you. I think if Jean were actually being used people would be taking about what she’s actually doing and that by itself would make it way less negative.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Well, I don't imagine, honestly, that hickman is going to do anything positive for Jean. But I can be positive with any other writer ... In this Hellfire Gala I think that Jean will have good / great moments.
    At least fit the Hellfire Gala she has a cool costume and ditched that horrible Marvel Girl mini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thank you, Havok83!

Most definitely it can be draining and we need to be upbeat ourselves. Even when currently there may not be anything new.

As we know from Jean and many other heroes/heroines, there is sometimes long periods where the character is down, but will Rise Again in the Future.

Jean has almost 60 years of history which we can draw from (40 if you take away all of the years of absence).
    Then let’s pray we get good developments for her this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'm going to be honest, when I first started reading comics in the early 00's I was a huge Morrison fan and honestly I couldn't understand why Claremont was so revered of course I understood his tenure and his contributions but I didn't really understand how historic his run was for women. Having them consistently as the focus of the X-men narrative, with new and innovative stories and arc which highlighted their leadership qualities, their sense of identity, or even how the related to one another. But then I read 90's comics after he left and almost immediately the narrative's main focus shifted to a predominantly male perspective, sure the ladies still got stories but the consistency and depth was gone. The X-men became like any other franchise with a mostly white, mostly straight POV.

In the last 20 years the X-women haven't receive a strap of the development or attention that the guys get, and it's so disappointing because the women have always been more interesting to me. But when I look back on this period Jean was never given the reignss of the narrative, that belonged to Kitty which would have been great if she wasn't handled by Guggs.
    I liked Kitty written by Bendis, Guggemheim did a bad job handling the franchise unfortunaly. Marvel treated everything before Hickman as filler.

Claremont still is the gold standart for diversity and writing of female characters. He build the x-men that we loved and gave the women their own voices and agencies.
    It's funny tht majority agree that the thes best x-men are female, but the last 30 were mostly heavy on male chaarcter being protagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I want to make a poll about who has the whiniest fandom, Jean or Betsy, but that would probably be against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I want to make a poll about who has the whiniest fandom, Jean or Betsy, but that would probably be against the rules.
    It's not like ther isn't any reason for that. For me is only whining when things are mostly good

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    At least fit the Hellfire Gala she has a cool costume and ditched that horrible Marvel Girl mini.
    Hope it sticks and we get a explanation why she used the marvel girl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's not like ther isn't any reason for that. For me is only whining when things are mostly good
    I consider it whining because it's the same repetitive downer bs every day. Do I hate HOX #4 Jean? Yes. Do I hate that she's wearing the oldschool Marvel Girl look? Yes. Do I think Hickman hasn't given Jean as much spotlight and good writing as she deserves? Yes.

Do I come here on this thread to say that with almost the exact same words every day? No.

I was praying for Emma to make a joke with the Marvel Girl Costume just to know what Jean's answer would be.

jean_emma_3_part_1.jpg
    Last edited by andreikes; 03-29-2021 at 03:41 PM.