Page 139 of 719 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Duggan x-men work have been pretty bad.

His Jean is better than Hickman (but he wrote like one issue), but his work has no depth
    Wow, our choices are great hahahaha (crying)

I'd like Tom Taylor, but right ...

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Wow, our choices are great hahahaha (crying)

I'd like Tom Taylor, but right ...
    If he can be the Duggan from Deadpool or Uncanny Avengers that people say he was really good on it.
    Marauders Savage Avengers and Cable are 3 of the worse books I read on the last year.

There is some chessecake that the did with female chaarcter that are yikes for me, he shouldn't be awarded with the flagship book
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-08-2021 at 01:31 PM.

BANNED

Duggan is excellent news.

We don't even know if Duggan gonna write Jean, there isn't news yet

We don't even know if Duggan gonna write Jean, there isn't news yet
    Well, it only seems logical that a relaunched X-Men #1 is gonna be about the team of X-Men that's been teased to death. Said team having been announced to be revealed on an event that was idealized and teased by Duggan in his current book. And that starts at Duggan's oneshot, which has him paired up with Larraz who's also announced for X-Men #1. Maybe there's a twist but it's all making sense right now.

I think Hickman's new book is gonna continue to be worldbuilding of Krakoa and creation of various plot threads like the current X-Men is/was, or maybe the Moira book after they didn't get the writer they wanted for it.

Years and years being told Jean can’t be phoenix because “reeeeasons” but apparently it’s only an issue when it comes to her, now she can kiss goodbye to her iconic legacy and imagery, in the span of 15 years they have been working non stop undermining her centrality to the mithos and it all culminated in the affirmation that after all Jean was only one face in a long series of hosts with relative importance. Well done marvel

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, it only seems logical that a relaunched X-Men #1 is gonna be about the team of X-Men that's been teased to death. Said team having been announced to be revealed on an event that was idealized and teased by Duggan in his current book. And that starts at Duggan's oneshot, which has him paired up with Larraz who's also announced for X-Men #1. Maybe there's a twist but it's all making sense right now.

I think Hickman's new book is gonna continue to be worldbuilding of Krakoa and creation of various plot threads like the current X-Men is/was, or maybe the Moira book after they didn't get the writer they wanted for it.
    I really doubt Hickman will leave the flagship book when finally the team is formed.

Of course is a crap that X-office would do

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Years and years being told Jean can’t be phoenix because “reeeeasons” but apparently it’s only an issue when it comes to her, now she can kiss goodbye to her iconic legacy and imagery, in the span of 15 years they have been working non stop undermining her centrality to the mithos and it all culminated in the affirmation that after all Jean was only one face in a long series of hosts with relative importance. Well done marvel

It is really a slap on the face. Seems like the only problem was Jean Grey
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-08-2021 at 02:30 PM.

I really doubt Hickman will leave the flagship book when finally the team is formed.
    Well believe it bc its already been revealed that Duggan is taking over for X-men. Hickman is moving over to a new book

Of course is a crap that X-office would do
    I think it makes sense that Hickman would prefer to focus on something else rather than just a fixed line-up of X-Men. It's what he has been doing since the beginning with House of X, Powers of X, and the X-Men book that he has joked around about how he got away with not making it about a team of X-Men at all.

I'm not paying for that issue, but does anyone who read it know if Maya's deafness is still in play now that she's host to the all-powerful chicken?

I like that they're giving Echo a push... but this doesn't seem like the best way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it makes sense that Hickman would prefer to focus on something else rather than just a fixed line-up of X-Men. It's what he has been doing since the beginning with House of X, Powers of X, and the X-Men book that he has joked around about how he got away with not making it about a team of X-Men at all.
    For me makes zero sense. Write two of the flagships to finaly move the story is needed. Hickman keep letting other writers do more writing than him and the line suffer for it, it is a complete drag

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well believe it bc its already been revealed that Duggan is taking over for X-men. Hickman is moving over to a new book
    doesn't mean the team won't be moved to the possible Uncanny book

For me makes zero sense. Write two of the flagships to finaly move the story is needed. Hickman keep letting other writers do more writing than him and the line suffer for it, it is a complete drag
    Suffer bc he is writing less? But dont you regularly complain and dislike Hickman's writing this era?

doesn't mean the team won't be moved to the possible Uncanny book
    Possibly but you said you doubt he would leave the book and he is

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Suffer bc he is writing less? But dont you regularly complain and dislike Hickman's writing this era?

Possibly but you said you doubt he would leave the book and he is
    I don't like his writing, but it still better than Tini, Duggan and Williams. And it would help the line move forward more focused.

I mean the team, not the book

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm not paying for that issue, but does anyone who read it know if Maya's deafness is still in play now that she's host to the all-powerful chicken?

I like that they're giving Echo a push... but this doesn't seem like the best way to do it.
    No idea, I’d rather burn the money
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

The difference is, this girl has agency and Jean Grey is an accessory for the X-Men's main character.