Page 154 of 719 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 10783
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    On the other hand, one crucial and central aspect of Jean's personality is the desire and wish to STAY human and reject the possibility of transcending into godhood. She is one of the few telepaths who are not defined merely by her powers. She wants to stay grounded and remain human. She could become a goddess but she wants to stay human!

Maybe writers could show her struggle with this decision more explicitly again though.

Us fans should probably also accept her decision...
    Tbh I would like a storyline like that. A story where Jean learns to embrace her godhood but still manages to retain her humanity would be stellar to see. I just think with how powerful Jean is keeping herself grounded would be a disservice to the multitude of good she could do around the cosmos. But there's a wealth of story potential just in n that inner conflict

Anyone know the title of the Jean / Scott book coming out? Just Xmen or Uncanny Xmen or something different? If its more traditional superhero book than current X universe i want it to be Uncanny again, maybe back to original numbering, with new costumes for them both

I just reread King in Black 4. I cannot stop being excited about how Jean was depicted in this comic. When the cosmic entity emerged I was peeing my pants of excitement because I thought for a second that Jean will be the one merging with the force!

Jean should really become a cosmic entity again. She doesn't need the Phoenix Force for doing it but I think she should transcend into something more. It is her legacy and should be her future. Make her a real omega level being. Maybe she could become an entity of pure (pink) psionic energy (something that was already implied in the Phoenix Saga).

The beauty of Kakoa is also that distance does not matter anymore because of the new "stargate" technology. Jean can be a intergalactic player and at the same time working for Krakoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Oh best believe if the PF wasn't being held hostage by the Avengers office Jean would be manifesting fire and a Phoenix raptor rn lol

Tbh she should still be a cosmic level badass even without the Phoenix she's arguably one of the strongest Psychics in the universe and her TK is strong enough to atomize her enemies. Even base Jean should be strong enough to take on cosmic level threats. She should really be up there with Thor.
    Really ike these ideas. While I love Jean in any form or power level, I love Jean at the cosmic goddess level. There is so much she could do and definitely help Krakoa.

How strong is Jean-- not compared to other psychics---but in terms of other Omegas?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Tbh I would like a storyline like that. A story where Jean learns to embrace her godhood but still manages to retain her humanity would be stellar to see. I just think with how powerful Jean is keeping herself grounded would be a disservice to the multitude of good she could do around the cosmos. But there's a wealth of story potential just in n that inner conflict
    I think I take my idea back. lol

I really think that there is so much beauty in the idea to stay human instead of transcending into godhood. I just realized for myself that this is Jean's main storyline and maybe already done too often ofter the years?! Claremont did it (although suicide was Jean's escape from godhood), Morrison also showed this development in his run. First, Jean struggled with her humanity and finally transcended into the white hot room where she became a goddess and literally changed reality and the timeline to her liking. The "Return of Jean Grey" similarly showed how Jean rejected the Phoenix in order to live a human life and stay mortal. So, I think it is actually who Jean is. A godlike being who desires to remain human.

I understand the fandoms wish to have Jean all godlike and uberpowerful but maybe the real beauty of the character is her ability to stay mediocre and grounded.

I really think that there is so much beauty in the idea to stay human instead of transcending into godhood. I just realized for myself that this is Jean's main storyline and maybe already done too often ofter the years?! Claremont did it (although suicide was Jean's escape from godhood), Morrison also showed this development in his run. First, Jean struggled with her humanity and finally transcended into the white hot room where she became a goddess and literally changed reality and the timeline to her liking. The "Return of Jean Grey" similarly showed how Jean rejected the Phoenix in order to live a human life and stay mortal. So, I think it is actually who Jean is. A godlike being who desires to remain human.

I understand the fandoms wish to have Jean all godlike and uberpowerful but maybe the real beauty of the character is her ability to stay mediocre and grounded.

But when they transcend Jean, they immediately kill her. (Able for Hickman to kill her and create a new protocol for her to come back in years)
    I would prefer it in the pink form to differentiate as psionic and have more attack power.

She can be powerful and still be human. This is never a question about about male characters like Thor.
    Jean has to step up on her stories or she will stagnate

Recently Venom became a God, let's see how this is approached with Eddie Brock

I have no fear

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    But when they transcend Jean, they immediately kill her. (Able for Hickman to kill her and create a new protocol for her to come back in years)
    I would prefer it in the pink form to differentiate as psionic and have more attack power.
    I have one fear
    Killing Jean became a writer's fetish
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-14-2021 at 07:30 AM.

I love that the colorist colored the X on Jean's chest yellow here. IMO it works better to break up all that green. If this becomes her new costume, thats how I want it. Not sure about the yellow headpiece though. The green works there

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I love that the colorist colored the X on Jean's chest yellow here. IMO it works better to break up all that green. If this becomes her new costume, thats how I want it. Not sure about the yellow headpiece though. The green works there
    Love that they made the X yellow and the yellow headpiece works for me tbh, makes it look like she’s wearing a crown. Our Krakoan Queen! XD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She can be powerful and still be human. This is never a question about about male characters like Thor.

I have no fear

I have one fear
    Look how powerful the Scarlet Witch is, so it isn’t just male characters who get to remain powerful. Look at Captain Marvel and Spectrum. Or even Magik.

I think the X-office thought the Phoenix fit in the way of certain stories they wanted to tell, including leading up to Hickman’s run. Age of X-Man and those story lines could not happen with the Phoenix.

I don’t think that was a good idea long term, particularly with the cosmic and mystical stories the X-Men are getting into. Perhaps as they develop this world more there will be Phoenix/Jean.

I just reread King in Black 4. I cannot stop being excited about how Jean was depicted in this comic. When the cosmic entity emerged I was peeing my pants of excitement because I thought for a second that Jean will be the one merging with the force!

Jean should really become a cosmic entity again. She doesn't need the Phoenix Force for doing it but I think she should transcend into something more. It is her legacy and should be her future. Make her a real omega level being. Maybe she could become an entity of pure (pink) psionic energy (something that was already implied in the Phoenix Saga).

The beauty of Kakoa is also that distance does not matter anymore because of the new "stargate" technology. Jean can be a intergalactic player and at the same time working for Krakoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Love that they made the X yellow and the yellow headpiece works for me tbh, makes it look like she’s wearing a crown. Our Krakoan Queen! XD
    I agree too that the yellow (gold) headpiece and X look good together and it breaks it up from the green costume which goes all the way up Jean's neck.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Look how powerful the Scarlet Witch is, so it isn’t just male characters who get to remain powerful. Look at Captain Marvel and Spectrum. Or even Magik.

I think the X-office thought the Phoenix fit in the way of certain stories they wanted to tell, including leading up to Hickman’s run. Age of X-Man and those story lines could not happen with the Phoenix.

I don’t think that was a good idea long term, particularly with the cosmic and mystical stories the X-Men are getting into. Perhaps as they develop this world more there will be Phoenix/Jean.
    Scarlet With is barely used lately and they made her mentally unstable. She isnt a good example of writers dealing with powerful female characters

Maybe Jean doesn't need to stay as x-men? just a thought

Anyone else looking forward to Duggan's Jean Grey? Not that he's ever written her but I think he handles characters well even if people think he favors some over others.

I think everyone favors some characters over others.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

I have no fear

I have one fear
    Well, Thor was a god from day one.
    Venom became a god because he garnered the symbiote hive.
    Jean is just a human with unlimited potential. I would rather have her achieve godly (or near godly) feats every now and then, but not all the time, coz that'll corrupt her. And stay human. That's why the siphoning skills is very appealing, coz she's limited by what's around her. Similar to Storm, where she's limited to the environment she's in. Not just conjure something out of thin air.

So we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Anyone else looking forward to Duggan's Jean Grey? Not that he's ever written her but I think he handles characters well even if people think he favors some over others.

I think everyone favors some characters over others.
    He has written her and his Jean is great. I cant wait for more

Can I dream?

20210414_131746.jpg

Someone shared a photo of Jean with Gabby on Twitter