Page 162 of 719 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 10783
    BANNED

What appearances were those, literally just the last one? lol

The whole X-Force thing, great as she is in it overall, has been tainted though. Them deciding she can't handle it and has to leave is just more damage on top of stripping her of her legacy, powers, and leadership. Of course, that's more on the mandate surrounding the character in this era than it is on Percy. I wish he was allowed to keep moving her forward.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean was fine in X-Force at first but her last few appearances have literally just been as 'the girlfriend,' which regardless of how you feel about Jott she was never explicitly just that during X of Swords or X-Men 17. Percy is basically using Jean just to keep his ship alive now, since she isn't a part of the team.

Hopefully she's actually cool in X-Force 19.
    Good thing is, for me that's the point I stop buying books, at any signal of threesome or cheating. I don't want to read anything like that.

Writers keep doing a awful job on Jean's love life, nothing new, same old and using her to make the gys look good. Nothing deep, nothing to root for.
    I was mad when Kelly ended Rhodey and Carol, she really made me care for them. I can't say the same here.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Literally all of her appearances in this title from the moment that she quit onward outside of the Colossus "interrogation." And you know, that may just be the last one, I haven't been keeping track of X-Force because it's just largely not a great title in the first place. But that's still a problem.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I love the subtextual Jott vs Logean shipwar going on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    My bad, I don't mean to be subtextual. Though it's less about love for Jean/Logan than it is the dread of SCOTT/jean

That's why the girl can't have her powers or have a modern costume or lead a team or be in the mutant government or be in X-Force now, and it'll only get worse over time. The regression, as always, is all about whatever angle editorial has going for Cyclops. I am entirely put off by that and it's unforgivable.

Our ace in the hole though? When the obviousness that nostalgia only goes so far (not far at all) finally hits again, they probably won't kill Jean to get the main character his next love interest this time. It's all about those silver linings lol

And you know, that may just be the last one, I haven't been keeping track of X-Force
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 04-19-2021 at 12:02 AM.

BANNED

Literally all of her appearances in this title from the moment that she quit onward outside of the Colossus "interrogation." And you know, that may just be the last one, I haven't been keeping track of X-Force because it's just largely not a great title in the first place. But that's still a problem.
    That's overexaggerating. Don't push it. She didn't appear more than a couple of issues after she left X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They could date and leave Jean alone

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    They could date and leave Jean alone
    Yes. Too bad that one of them would had to use the Marvel Girl costume and act as simple girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I really like the red x-factor costume
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-19-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Lots of GORGEOUS Simonson-Jean images in this week's XMM over at AiPT
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Overall, we have a lot to look forward from Jean in the next few months, I hope we get a little more from Ewing in SWORD but I fear that might be her whole appearance. I'm only hoping she get actual development as far as her motivations are concerned and she's portrayed as a competent and powerful psychic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    Like the first two issues, the lastests no.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

The whole X-Force thing, great as she is in it overall, has been tainted though. Them deciding she can't handle it and has to leave is just more damage on top of stripping her of her legacy, powers, and leadership. Of course, that's more on the mandate surrounding the character in this era than it is on Percy. I wish he was allowed to keep moving her forward.
    I feel like X-force has become one of the biggest disappointments for me in the DOX and into ROX, I like Percy he has a great understanding of his cast. However after the first few issues he's kind of lost his way, his Jean is by far the best of this era. But I agree with others, her character has started to spin her wheels in this title. She isn't being allowed to grow, and unfortunately much of her story arc has been completed and it hasn't been fulfilling. She's stuck in purgatory between not agreeing with Beast or X-force tactics yet she is always available anytime they need her. I feel overall a better story arc should have been Jean overcoming some of her moral constraints and then using that to hold Beast accountable whereas at the moment she's aware of his activity and is doing nothing to circumvent him.

BANNED

She only appeared once when Logan requested to mindscan colossus and then left immediately after. She made herself clear about leaving X-Force on 10th issue after facing a dilemma against Beast.

The problem doesn't lie there with this book. X-Force is supposed to be a proactive team book with characters making decisions against impending threats. But Percy failed to address it and instead, it became too much a character-focused team book.
    Last edited by Vishop; 04-19-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    She only appeared once when Logan requested to mindscan colossus and then left immediately after. She made herself clear about leaving X-Force on 10th issue after facing a dilemma against Beast.

The problem doesn't lie there with this book. X-Force is supposed to be a proactive team book with characters making decisions against impending threats. But Percy failed to address it and instead, it became too much a character-focused team book.
    Jean role on X-force is finished, the problem is that it ended with a whimper and X-men didnt used it as a pitch for new motivations for Jean.

X-force lost the focus and slowed too much pace, last issue could had be told in half of the issue. Also focusing too much on Quentin not helping it