Page 168 of 719 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 10783
    Astonishing Member

This X-Force issue was really good. In fact these past Quentin issues have been really good. I think Percy excela at character driven issues but falls short when it comes to pacing. The whole XENO plot should have been wrapped up before XoS imo.

Jean was incredible this issue and not because of some power feats but because of her years of experience. Percy really drew a line on what makes Jean the "better" TP compared to Kid Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    This X-Force issue was really good. In fact these past Quentin issues have been really good. I think Percy excela at character driven issues but falls short when it comes to pacing. The whole XENO plot should have been wrapped up before XoS imo.

Jean was incredible this issue and not because of some power feats but because of her years of experience. Percy really drew a line on what makes Jean the "better" TP compared to Kid Omega.
    It was really really good. Jean looked like a hot mess (sometimes long hair sometimes a bob, a one point what looked like a helmet.). I could totally get behind this book with Jean leading. I just don't believe with so many telepaths around people believe beast. They need to get him on the drug creating team.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It was really really good. Jean looked like a hot mess (sometimes long hair sometimes a bob, a one point what looked like a helmet.). I could totally get behind this book with Jean leading. I just don't believe with so many telepaths around people believe beast. They need to get him on the drug creating team.
    Yeeah the art was inconsistent to say the least. I'm glad we finally got Jean taking the lead even if it was temporary. Like I've said before I truly suspect that Percy is setting Jean up to be the leader of the X-Force when Beast inevitably goes too far. Could be wrong. Hope I'm not.

The highlight of the day is definitely coming from Women of Marvel with Jean unleashing her tk might on a succulent plant

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Yeeah the art was inconsistent to say the least. I'm glad we finally got Jean taking the lead even if it was temporary. Like I've said before I truly suspect that Percy is setting Jean up to be the leader of the X-Force when Beast inevitably goes too far. Could be wrong. Hope I'm not.
    I truly hope she does. In one issue she has humanized the team, offered actual training. It's like Jean was born for this. And percy writes her as well if not better than he writes Logan.

I also enjoyed the little nod to how Jean felt about the mental affair. We never really got how she felt so it was nice and didn't come off as like bitter or angry or anything. I appreciated it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Echoing others who enjoyed Jean in X-Force today. Percy continues to do a wonderful job with her, and really understands Jean's character. I do wish we could get more him writing Jean.

But that art was definitely something..... Hate that it had to be these issues.

hope this isn't considered a spoiler. I just love this panel.

jeantk.jpg I liked this more for the tk use than the actual art. That hand....
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-21-2021 at 06:26 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

I truly hope she does. In one issue she has humanized the team, offered actual training. It's like Jean was born for this. And percy writes her as well if not better than he writes Logan.

I also enjoyed the little nod to how Jean felt about the mental affair.We never really got how she felt so it was nice and didn't come off as like bitter or angry or anything. I appreciated it.
    I also liked how it kind of freaked contextualized how much of a violation the affair was especially learning about the Dreamscape in this issue

I also liked how it kind of freaked contextualized how much of a violation the affair was especially learning about the Dreamscape in this issue
    Oh snap that didn't even cross my mind. Perhaps they left the door open and she picked up on what was happening. It was obvious she had no idea. I think i also remember at the time when she found out wasn't she entering through a door. Really cool nod. I also think this settles that debate. To a psychic that was a very real affair. But gladly everyone has moved beyond it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Refreshments at X-Forcer
    Percy count on me for everything

That pincer
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The art was sad ... But we can't choose much ... It was perfect haha

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The highlight of the day is definitely coming from Women of Marvel with Jean unleashing her tk might on a succulent plant

Seems like Jean's is not a good plant's mom

I also enjoyed the little nod to how Jean felt about the mental affair. We never really got how she felt so it was nice and didn't come off as like bitter or angry or anything. I appreciated it.
    She should be allowed come as bitter, but writers were bad and let her get back to Scott. The psychic affair was absolute cruel .

-------
    The issue was good for Jean as mentor, not much for a character with atitude to take action. She talks with Scott and he simply doesn't care for her, he is there sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    That pincer
    the art is so bad, seems like pensiller did each page in few hour and emailed it. Hard to read the issue. I can't believe they fired Viktor Bogdanovic to put this level of fill in art.
    Today aengers had a fill in that was better than the regular artist on the book
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-21-2021 at 06:56 AM.

I can’t help but feel like these two scenes are totally related, Claremont all those years ago wrote about the only acceptable justification for Jean choice of wardrobe while visiting Greenland.

I thought Jean slept in the Marvel Girl costume hihihi