Page 175 of 719 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 10783

Jean grey in the Marvel series directed by Hickman

FB_IMG_1619214780179.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post

FB_IMG_1619214780179.jpg
    Even "Jean" is laughing!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

FB_IMG_1619214780179.jpg
    More Jean Green than Jean Grey…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

FB_IMG_1619214780179.jpg
    Uggh! Horrible knee socks!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I still don't think the 'girl' of it all has to be problematic. It's a misogynistic narrative to say that if you refer to someone as a girl they have to be inherently lesser; again I'll point back to the argument Cat Grant made in the first episode of Supergirl, and then at the fact that the CW show hasn't treated Supergirl as lesser than Superman even once in the entirety of the show's tenure. It just... hasn't been a problem. At all. So I don't think that it should be for Jean and if she wants to go by Marvel Girl then that's her choice and prerogative.
    This has nothing to do with misogyny, a woman calling herself girl is just odd, I woud find it odd just the same if Tony Stark kept calling himself Iron boy or Bruce Wayne went by Batboy ......no double standard here.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Daedra, I would love to see you do a "Marvel Girl" to "Marvel Woman" to "Phoenix" images, where we see Jean change from one to the next!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Daedra, I would love to see you do a "Marvel Girl" to "Marvel Woman" to "Phoenix" images, where we see Jean change!
    Ok your Idea inspired me and I have built a “skeleton” animation, now I just need to dress my proto-jean and give her colors

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Ok your Idea inspired me and I have built a “skeleton” animation, now I just need to dress my proto-jean and give her colors

Oh, please yes, lol! Whoa, that is AMAZING! You are the best bestie!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh, please yes, lol! Whoa, that is AMAZING! You are the best bestie!
    Haha thanks, love your enthusiasm, next part gonna take a bit, hair and color palettes can be a tricky business...... so as you can see she is starting in “fetal” position {as green mini skirt marvel girl} and then (almost like she’s escaping a egg) spreads her arms like wings {slowly turning into marvel woman?} then she’ll go full green phoenix and fly toward the sky where i wanna try to shape the explosion placeholder into a phoenix effect. Gonna require some trial and error but I should get there.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-23-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Haha thanks, love your enthusiasm, next part gonna take a bit, hair and color palettes can be a tricky business...... so as you can see she is starting in “fetal” position {as green mini skirt marvel girl} and then (almost like she’s escaping a egg) spread her arms like wings {slowly turning into marvel woman?} then she’ll go full green phoenix and fly toward the sky where i wanna try to shape the explosion placeholder into a phoenix effect. Gonna require some trial and error but I should get there.
    Oh I am sure that it does take a bit of work and I appreciate it. I know it will look Terrific when you complete it! That is a perfect take for Jean as you describe it. Jean's Phoenix Effect is perfect for her as Phoenix too. I was going to ask for that but I didn't want to ask for too much. Plus, I knew you had it covered, lol. I know you can do this and I cannot wait to see the finished product whenever you can show it! Thanks again.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This has nothing to do with misogyny, a woman calling herself girl is just odd, I woud find it odd just the same if Tony Stark kept calling himself Iron boy or Bruce Wayne went by Batboy ......no double standard here.
    It's a problem - of culture - when someone is called a boy and it's bad, too. So you're right that it's not a double standard - it's just wrong. Girl isn't inherently lesser than woman. At all. Whatsoever. And it has nothing to do with age, either.

Just admit that y'all don't like it because it's not Phoenix and move on.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's a problem - of culture - when someone is called a boy and it's bad, too. So you're right that it's not a double standard - it's just wrong. Girl isn't inherently lesser than woman. At all. Whatsoever. And it has nothing to do with age, either.

Just admit that y'all don't like it because it's not Phoenix and move on.
    I’d leave the mind reading to real telepaths , “Woman” and “Man” are the proper term used to indicate adults, there no cultural problem here, there is no controversy or prejudice and considering the phoenix force along the codename are gone for good I’d like to see Jean move forward in forging her own iconic super hero image, this identity limbo they have stuck Jean in it’s just the umpteenth roadblock preventing her from having any kind of evolution as character.

BANNED

Lol words have meanings.

Yes there are several differences in connotation between "girl" and "woman".

Frankly, the very few people not rolling their eyes at the regression back to "Marvel Girl" would be doing so as well if not following hype. If Guggs had pulled this nonsense, there wouldn't be a question. I mean, it isn't a question now, really, but a few people stan it because Hickman did it lol

In ten years, when Feige has our girl ( lol ) being her Phoenix best and doing powerful woman things alongside Storm on TV screens, she'll get her self back in the comics.

Such a shame that Jean is STILL dealing with regressives like 45 years post-Byrne lmao
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 04-23-2021 at 07:30 PM.

I’d leave the mind reading to real telepaths , “Woman” and “Man” are the proper term used to indicate adults, there no cultural problem here, there is no controversy or prejudice and considering the phoenix force along the codename are gone for good I’d like to see Jean move forward in forging her own iconic super hero image, this identity limbo they have stuck Jean in it’s just the umpteenth roadblock preventing her from having any kind of evolution as character.
    Adults don't call theirselves girls or boys. She was marvel girl using a dress once upon a time, that time period is over for her.
    She really needs to move on from this

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Adults don't call theirselves girls or boys. She was marvel girl using a dress once upon a time, that time period is over for her.
    She really needs to move on from this
    Thats a flat out untruth. I've heard many adults go "hey girl." "how you doing girls." on the golden girls they called each other girl all the time. or "you know you my girl", or" you know i'm your boy. " or "that's my boy" or "that boy crazy" "that girl crazy" i could go on and on.

What i think is juvenile though is men over 25 wearing short shorts or speedos. Talk about young.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/