Page 176 of 719 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thats a flat out untruth. I've heard many adults go "hey girl." "how you doing girls." on the golden girls they called each other girl all the time. or "you know you my girl", or" you know i'm your boy. " or "that's my boy" or "that boy crazy" "that girl crazy" i could go on and on.

What i think is juvenile though is men over 25 wearing short shorts or speedos. Talk about young.
    Adults sometimes do that but it’s always in jest and between people with a good amount of familiarity, I don’t think Jean should be shooting for that same comedic tone.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Codename: Marvel Girl
    Team Role: Basically 40-year-old stepmom

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Adults sometimes do that but it’s always in jest and between people with a good amount of familiarity, I don’t think Jean should be shooting for that same comedic tone.
    But it also says girl or boy can mean "that one" or " you know i'm that girl". Jean is that girl of marvel. Approachable, powerful, accepting, but dangerous. That can be THAT girl. I guess my inherent problem though comes from i don't know who is male or female and i would never take a male's opinion serious on what a woman feels about being called a girl. Golden Girls for life!!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

It's literally not about the "girl' name that doesn't suit her. It's about the moniker she had when she joined as a teenager in the X-Men. The regression. She has gone past that name and identity like decades ago over a higher authority. If it's Marvel Woman or anything that suits her character, I have no problem with it.

I think Marvel Girl could’ve went to someone whose Ms. Marvel’s age. Hell even her

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Writers always do half service with Jean. I think they want us to talk and that is it, they will ever solve these things

Jean did lost the whole perception what was real, what was her, what was a illusion. She lost the anchorage to reality itself and who she was.
    Did we read the same issue? It seems you never happy with how Jean is portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's a problem - of culture - when someone is called a boy and it's bad, too. So you're right that it's not a double standard - it's just wrong. Girl isn't inherently lesser than woman. At all. Whatsoever. And it has nothing to do with age, either.

Just admit that y'all don't like it because it's not Phoenix and move on.
    I prefer Phoenix, of course, it was part of Jean’s development. She went from a girl to an adult heroine back in the 1970s. And then in the 1990s she took back the codename Phoenix to honor her dying daughter. And then she started wearing the Phoenix costume as a way to empower herself. For me Jean as Phoenix is perfect.

But now she has for some reason decided that Phoenix is bad. Yes, it is poor continuity and the editors (or whoever is responsible for continuity) should have stepped in. But it is what it is. For some reason, Jean has now decided that Phoenix is bad and I try to accept that.

But does that mean that Marvel Girl is the way to go? For a long time during the 1990s Jean didn’t have a codename because everyone agreed that an adult woman calling herself ”girl” is weird. (They even published the Apocalypse Files at the back of an issue of X-Factor where he stated that.) It feels even weirder in the 2020s. Jean is the first X-woman, she is a veteran as a hero, she is powerful and mature. She is truly a woman and not a girl. If she has to have Marvel as part of her codename I think Marvel Woman is the best codename for her.

The pic here is too small, but if you click on it you can open a larger version.
    Apocalypse writes: Marvel ”Girl” indeed. That a full-fledged woman in body and mind would continue to allow everyone to call her a girl is psychological testament enough to the divided loyalties which rend her soul.
    Last edited by johnnysv75; 04-24-2021 at 03:06 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wouldn't be mad if they changed her code-name to Marvel Woman but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Marvel Girl. Being called Marvel Girl does not negate or erase the fact that she is the first woman of the X-Men or the decades of history and experience or takes away anything from the character as she is being written now.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Marvel Girl is a rehash of her teenage identity to define her experience and maturity over decades of character development.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post

The pic here is too small, but if you click on it you can open a larger version.
    Apocalypse writes: Marvel ”Girl” indeed. That a full-fledged woman in body and mind would continue to allow everyone to call her a girl is psychological testament enough to the divided loyalties which rend her soul.
    It also says, "Could she be the Phoenix Force again?" I think yes.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It also says, "Could she be the Phoenix Force again?" I think yes.
    The one true phoenix will fly again one day, working on the green phoenix part of the animation, this is low res and the PF aura is just a placeholder

Last edited by Daedra; 04-24-2021 at 08:09 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The one true phoenix will fly again one day, working on the green phoenix part of the animation, this is low res and the PF aura is just a placeholder

This is GREAT! I love that you slowed down the movement some so that one can take in all of the beauty.

EDIT: It was slowed down originally, but after I posted this, it sped up again, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This is GREAT! I love that you slowed down the movement some so that one can take in all of the beauty.

EDIT: It was slowed down originally, but after I posted this, it sped up again, lol!
    Lol it should’t be too fast, I’ll check it out later on my pc
    This should be quite slow

Last edited by Daedra; 04-24-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Marvel Girl is a rehash of her teenage identity to define her experience and maturity over decades of character development.
    That is very wrong, it underscore all development she had all those years
    Marvel Girl was used on the past mostly on character descriptions, majority just used her name or phoenix on the seagle/kelly period
    Just now they decided to used it again as her mutants name and identity

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Codename: Marvel Girl
    Team Role: Basically 40-year-old stepmom
    haha yeah it is all some weird stereotypes mixed together
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-24-2021 at 10:47 AM.