Page 18 of 719 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast

I definitely think Jean has leveled up since her initial encounters with Exodus. In the Blood Ties story Jean Grey is probing Exodus' mental defenses and providing information to Xavier and that contributes to Xavier besting Exodus. I'm not sure if it is in the scan that was posted (because we don't really see Jean doing it but Xavier tells Exodus that is what happened). I think that shows some tp strength for Jean. Xavier states to Exodus "You see, while held captive, Jean Grey was constantly probing your defenses and relaying that information to me. And I knew you could be pushed into defeat."

But in my opinion, modern Jean becomes the powerful "omega" level telepath during the Kelly/Seagle years when she is expanding her powers and trying to scan the globe for Xavier and further in Revolution -where no shields in existence natural or artificial can withstand her telepathic attack yadda, yadda, which led to Morrison's run where she was described as a grown up omega mutant, if she was a mountain she'd be an Olympus mons on Mars (Beast says to Scott).

The omega re-definition helps most of the characters because it keeps them from being overpowered. Exodus is an omega level tk but he's not an omega level tp. It gives him limits. The same is true for Jean and the rest of the omega mutants who have more than one power.

In my view Jean still has heavy lifting tk that was demonstrated often in the X-factor years and a few times here and there in the 90s and she still has the molecular level tk like we saw in X-men Red (moving the nano-sentinel out of Storm's brain).

I love VinnysArt version of modern Jean!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Okay I'm intrigued by the thought of Ororo, Scott, and Jean in Shiar space. I hope Hickman focuses the actual story through the lens of the this threesome. But I don't think that's at all the story he's interested in telling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm fairly certain this Phoenix story will be retconned or ignored in the near future. It probably won't happen immediately, but I don't see Marvel letting Avengers hijack the Phoenix when it's so closely associated with the X-Men.
    Nah, man. Aaron likes his long term plans, so the Phoenix is staying with him for, at the very least, some three years more. Remember War of The Realms/King Thor took him seven years, so however it is that Mephisto falls, it will take a long time. Since we basically know who will be the new Phoenix, I think that at least we already have in place all the present version of the Caveman Avengers, unless he also takes the Iron Fist from Danny.

spoilers:
    Under any other writer, I'd be very curious to see how Echo does as the new Phoenix. But it's Aaron, so it'll certainly disappoint.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Okay I'm intrigued by the thought of Ororo, Scott, and Jean in Shiar space. I hope Hickman focuses the actual story through the lens of the this threesome. But I don't think that's at all the story he's interested in telling.
    I don't think that would be the case. Hickman's storytelling is mostly about the worldbuilding that suits the characters as a whole. Honestly I don't mind this at all. In fact I encourage from a different perspective for grand scheme of things. I think Hickman shouldn't be doing such things and rather let other writers to do things like that.

But thing is that his ideas have felt short over after the first 7 or 8 issues with nothing new to add when it comes to X-Men/Shi'r except for maybe vulcan(which was pretty self contained) and x of swords was really underwhelming with so much potential. It was just worldbuilding with no such ambition to take risks and build something more "X-Men".
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-23-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the issue ends up focusing more on Sunspot and Cannonball.

was watching tas this morning. Jean.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm fairly certain this Phoenix story will be retconned or ignored in the near future. It probably won't happen immediately, but I don't see Marvel letting Avengers hijack the Phoenix when it's so closely associated with the X-Men.
    Retcon it to the Uni-Force/Captain Universe power instead and all is forgiven.
    Then attention can be turned to fixing PHOENIX:RESURRECTION abusive lover portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    was watching tas this morning. Jean.jpg
    Speaking of TAS, I don't remember this frame from the series. Maybe the Season 1 finale? Can't think of Jean in a Sentinel battle in the series since she was a secondary character for that first season.
    (and why is Cyclops running away like a schoolgirl in the cel?)
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...ech-1839845476

Last edited by Thirteen; 01-24-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Maybe a Danger Room sequence?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Speaking of TAS, I don't remember this frame from the series. Maybe the Season 1 finale? Can't think of Jean in a Sentinel battle in the series since she was a secondary character for that first season.
    (and why is Cyclops running away like a schoolgirl in the cel?)
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...ech-1839845476

........'Cause Jean is the brave one? Jean doesn't look scared. She's gonna give that Sentinel a TK blast!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I don't think that would be the case. Hickman's storytelling is mostly about the worldbuilding that suits the characters as a whole. Honestly I don't mind this at all. In fact I encourage from a different perspective for grand scheme of things. I think Hickman shouldn't be doing such things and rather let other writers to do things like that.

But thing is that his ideas have felt short over after the first 7 or 8 issues with nothing new to add when it comes to X-Men/Shi'r except for maybe vulcan(which was pretty self contained) and x of swords was really underwhelming with so much potential. It was just worldbuilding with no such ambition to take risks and build something more "X-Men".
    Hickman is a concept's writer, he really go crazy on them. But I agree with you it is lacking moving the story forward in a exciting way

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the issue ends up focusing more on Sunspot and Cannonball.
    Exactly what I was thinking, Ororo, Jean, and Scott will appear but everyone else will take the center stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post

The thing is I love Hickman's world building, he has a knack for creating visually stunning characters, and giving them enough of an identity for there to be potential. However as you mentioned, he rarely spends much time developing these characters and usually returns to the well of the few characters he enjoys writing. I feel like X of Swords being the biggest offender. All of the aesthetically amazing characters with intriguing backstories, and just about all of them were wasted, and this seems to be a writing tic of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I love VinnysArt version of modern Jean!
    I love this fanart. Jean looks great here with this power signature. It makes me miss the pink "blob" effect she had during the late 80's/early 90's (I used to hate the pink blobs lol) I like it better than the pink burst near her head to showcase her abilities.

Another marvel girl IMG_20210125_132157.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/