Page 182 of 719 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282682 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    After seeing the preview for X-men 1 I am more excited for it. Seeing the X-men fight a Godzilla-like monster is fun.. it combines too of my favorite things. I can't wait to see what Duggan does with this cast as I'm sure the first issue may be action packed but I hope there are plenty of opportunities to flesh out the cast and provide for some good character moments.

Today's X-factor issue was fun and I anticipate the next issue.
    I want Jean to use her tk in smart new ways,
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I could be wrong but I think Duggan will use their powers in creative ways. I know some fans weren't happy with how he used Storm and it is true he stuck to lightning mostly but I thought he used Kitty's powers in a creative way and I also liked how he used Bishop and Iceman. I think having Polaris on the team that there may not be a lot of uses for Jean's tk but it is probably good she's the main psionic on the team and will do a lot of telepathic stuff (I say main psionic because Synch and Rogue can at times use Jean's powers).

Also before someone corrects me when I say a Godzilla like monster I'm referring to the monster in the preview and mean it looks like something Godzilla would fight not saying the monster itself is Godzilla-ish.

I could be wrong but I think Duggan will usetheir powers in creative ways. I know some fans weren't happy with how he used Storm and it is true he stuck to lightning mostly but I thought he used Kitty's powers in a creative way and I also liked how he used Bishop and Iceman. I think having Polaris on the team that there may not be a lot of uses for Jean's tk but it is probably good she's the main psionic on the team and will do a lot of telepathic stuff (I say main psionic because Synch and Rogue can at times use Jean's powers).

Also before someone corrects me when I say a Godzilla like monster I'm referring to the monster in the preview and mean it looks like something Godzilla would fight not saying the monster itself is Godzilla-ish.
    There’s a lot of stuff that doesn’t respond to regular magnetism, as a matter of fact the preview seems to show just that, when rogue saves polaris
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

i want to see Jean using her telepathy against other telepaths, she doesn't have that much 1vs1 encounters since she came back, (the one with Cassandra Nova the only one i recall) but since most of the marvel telepaths are mutants (and are now allies) I see it a little difficult.

Maybe Jean will get to shine here, with both TP and TK feats.

Jean and Lorna together can move planets, lol.

As far as Jean facing other telepaths that are now allies, perhaps they can make a statement about how much more powerful and skilled Jean is over them.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i want to see Jean using her telepathy against other telepaths, she doesn't have that much 1vs1 encounters since she came back, (the one with Cassandra Nova the only one i recall) but since most of the marvel telepaths are mutants (and are now allies) I see it a little difficult.
    She fought Typhoid Mary and Nate Grey that same year

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I want Jean to use her tk in smart new ways,
    Quote Originally Posted by Hix
    What TK?

Lol couldn't stop myself

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lol couldn't stop myself

Where is this preview of new xmen comic you guys are talking about?

And the other Hellfire Gala outfits?

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Where is this preview of new xmen comic you guys are talking about?

And the other Hellfire Gala outfits?
    Here’s a link with most of the outfits

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...192158276.html

I’ll backtrack SLIGHTLY on some of my original comments. Some of the new reveals aren’t bad. They’re “ok”. It’s just that some of them are so... extreme?...that they really overshadow the “just fine” ones.

Polaris for example has a perfectly acceptable outfit. It’s not amazing to me but it’s fine. But I don’t even notice them beside people like Karma, Iceman, Maddox, and many many more.

I will end by saying to each his own and I don’t think anyone’s wrong for liking some of the costumes. I just think some are incredibly not my taste.”
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Rogue looks gorgeous too
    I’ll agree that rogiue’s does not fit in the category that I am speaking of.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    There’s a lot of stuff that doesn’t respond to regular magnetism, as a matter of fact the preview seems to show just that, when rogue saves polaris
    I agree that tk and magnetic powers could and should be used differently but often they aren’t. I guess we will see how Duggan handles the similar power sets of his cast: Jean and Lorna and then two characters that can copy powers. Though Rogue may be used mostly as the player with flight and super strength.

As far as tk goes I see Jean mostly using it to fly around, but I hope to be wrong.

I agree that tk and magnetic powers could and should be used differently but often they aren’t. I guess we will see how Duggan handles the similar power sets of his cast: Jean and Lorna and then two characters that can copy powers. Though Rogue may be used mostly as the player with flight and super strength.

As far as tk goes I see Jean mostly using it to fly around, but I hope to be wrong.
    Back in her X-Factor days and also the mid to late 90s there was an ease to which Jean used her powers. They were a natural extension of Jean, both her TK and her telepathy. In recent years there has been Jean and there has been her powers. I hope we will once again get back to the way her powers just are a natural part of her, flowing out of her.

I love how Instagram fan accounts call her The Omega. Would love to see her being written by like that. I have hope.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Back in her X-Factor days and also the mid to late 90s there was an ease to which Jean used her powers. They were a natural extension of Jean, both her TK and her telepathy. In recent years there has been Jean and there has been her powers. I hope we will once again get back to the way her powers just are a natural part of her, flowing out of her.

I love how Instagram fan accounts call her The Omega. Would love to see her being written by like that. I have hope.
    Great points! And I agree.

Jean is THE OMEGA and I believe her to have Omega TK as well. Her TP is so powerful she can talk across the world. Her TK does indeed extend into the environment.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I think that this explains a lot about Jean now

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Great points! And I agree.

Jean is THE OMEGA and I believe her to have Omega TK as well. Her TP is so powerful she can talk across the world. Her TK does indeed extend into the environment.
    She should be Omega on both