Page 183 of 719 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Telepathy and telekinesis are both psychic powers, right? It doesn't make sense that she would be stronger at one than the other.

She could be more skillful at one than the other, sure, but the raw power should be the same, since both powers are generated by the same DNA and the same mind.

The way I see it, the only limits Jean actually has are psychological ones. You see, I don't like teen Jean as a character, but I think she pretty much showed that.

i personally feel like she should have been an omega in both areas, but if i have to choose one, i think telepathy it's more important imo, i like Jean being one of the greater telepaths in the world (if not the most)

one thing they did right was mixing her Tk and Tp with teen Jean, creating her pink form, that form was so OP, she was like a being of pure energy that drains psionic energy

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i personally feel like she should have been an omega in both areas, but if i have to choose one, i think telepathy it's more important imo, i like Jean being one of the greater telepaths in the world (if not the most)
    Moreover, telepathy seems to be more important to her. She has lost access to both her powers, but she feels the loss of her telepathy much stronger. I think it's safe to say that, from her perspective, telepathy is more linked to her identity, which is fascinating for different reasons, if you think about it.

She should be an omega psychic. But I don't know if her psychic powers are restricted to telepathy and telekinesis

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    She should be an omega psychic. But I don't know if her psychic powers are restricted to telepathy and telekinesis
    I don't think they are either. I honestly think she can do anything her children have done (and more, like Teen Jean). It's really a matter of the limits she imposes herself.

Now, I'm very afraid of Marvel ever wanting to go down this route, though, because they tend to kill off female characters who are too powerful. So I'd settle for Jean being more of a power house when it comes to her tp/tk only.

I think marvel now is not killing female chaarcters, because the outrage is really powerful.

What Marvel needs to do is stop hiding their powerful female heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think marvel now is not killing female chaarcters, because the outrage is really powerful.

What Marvel needs to do is stop hiding their powerful female heroes
    I guess you're right. I'm still afraid, though. I'd like to see it, but I'd still feel very, very worried if a writer gave too much power to Jean. She's such a polarising character as it is.

And I know no one is really dying these days in the mutant corner. But still... they might throw her in the pit with Sabretooth or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    There’s a lot of stuff that doesn’t respond to regular magnetism, as a matter of fact the preview seems to show just that, when rogue saves polaris
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I agree that tk and magnetic powers could and should be used differently but often they aren’t. I guess we will see how Duggan handles the similar power sets of his cast: Jean and Lorna and then two characters that can copy powers. Though Rogue may be used mostly as the player with flight and super strength.

As far as tk goes I see Jean mostly using it to fly around, but I hope to be wrong.
    I mean, there's how TK and magnetism can and should work differently with each able to do things the other can't. But even if they worked the same way, two characters being able to do the same thing isn't inherently a deal breaker. One example is Superman vs Flash. They're both fast, but Superman is stronger while Flash is faster; if Flash wasn't faster then it would ruin his whole concept as a character. Similarly, the Justice League has Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter all with super strength and flight but they all have some differentiation and ability to fight alongside each other while using their in-common powers.

If a problem occurs, the fault lies in two areas: an attitude of artificial scarcity for what women can do, and lack of imagination.

On the artificial scarcity front, this is where someone decides a certain role or ability can only be occupied by a limited number of women at a time - usually one. It's steeped heavily in how a lot of classic team setups are a bunch of men with a single token woman among them. Before the Axis retcon from the Avengers books back in 2014 (which I hope gets undone soon; I especially wanna see Lorna and Wanda interacting again as sisters), there seemed to be an attitude by some in Marvel that there can only be one "daughter of Magneto." Meanwhile, we have three whole Summers brothers doing their thing, as well as Thor and Loki as Odin's sons.

tl;dr both characters can and should be able to use all their powers. If Jean is just a mental HAM radio or Lorna's just a spoon bender, that's a problem with how they're being used.

All of that said, I can't say how things look for Jean cause I haven't been following her closely. But for Lorna, I'm cautiously optimistic - initial appearances are that this could be the best she's been treated in the comics since 2015. This'll be the first time in years that I'm planning to read an actual run instead of a rare issue once every year or two.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I guess you're right. I'm still afraid, though. I'd like to see it, but I'd still feel very, very worried if a writer gave too much power to Jean. She's such a polarising character as it is.

And I know no one is really dying these days in the mutant corner. But still... they might throw her in the pit with Sabretooth or something.
    No one being dead on X-men is temporary. I remember that almost every x-men dead was brought back but Jean Grey rule was "dead continues dead" ¬¬

I still don't see how they could pull this off now, every female character dead is scrutinized. Has been sometimes since they did some women in refrigerators dead.

No one being dead on X-men is temporary. I remember that almost every x-men dead was brought back but Jean Grey rule was "dead continues dead" ¬¬
    Yes. That's pretty much the source of the trauma.

I still don't see how they could pull this off now, every female character dead is scrutinized. Has been sometimes since they did some women in refrigerators dead.
    I do hope you're right about it.

Is anyone watching Invincible? Atom Eve is so much like Jean, I wish Jean gets written like her in the future

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Is anyone watching Invincible? Atom Eve is so much like Jean, I wish Jean gets written like her in the future
    Not yet. But I just put it on my list. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Jean might've been the inspiration for Atom Eve, since so much of the show (and comic it's based on, I assume) is a play on the superhero genre and its tropes.

And yeah, I'd say it's good for a watch. Season finale just came out on Friday. It recently got renewed for two more seasons.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Jean might've been the inspiration for Atom Eve, since so much of the show (and comic it's based on, I assume) is a play on the superhero genre and its tropes.

And yeah, I'd say it's good for a watch. Season finale just came out on Friday. It recently got renewed for two more seasons.
    This is not entirely true. Her aesthetics and power set definitely resembles Jean more but her exposure is more like the Mary Jane to Invincible in comics.

Telepathy and telekinesis are both psychic powers, right? It doesn't make sense that she would be stronger at one than the other.

She could be more skillful at one than the other, sure, but the raw power should be the same, since both powers are generated by the same DNA and the same mind.

The way I see it, the only limits Jean actually has are psychological ones. You see, I don't like teen Jean as a character, but I think she pretty much showed that.
    Yes, true.

Jean's only limited by the depth of her imagination.

Moreover, telepathy seems to be more important to her. She has lost access to both her powers, but she feels the loss of her telepathy much stronger. I think it's safe to say that, from her perspective, telepathy is more linked to her identity, which is fascinating for different reasons, if you think about it.
    Yes, Jean was quite the telepath right from the outset of her powers being released. Jean has felt maimed when her TP was gone.

On the other hand, Jean's TK is as natural to her as breathing, and anyone (Jean) who can lift multiple tonnage with her mind, has one powerful mind indeed!

When Jean's TP was gone, she buffed up her TK as offensive powers. When Jean's TK was gone, her psychic powers were honed to their finest edge, as well as Jean being more physical.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!