Page 185 of 719 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285685 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It would make more sense that a woman of her age doesn’t dress anymore like a eternal teenager… It doesn’t mean she can’t be beautiful.
    Oh, I didn't mean she should dress like a teen. She certainly didn't dress like that even back in 70s comics. She dressed like a fashionable, beautiful young woman. Not high-fashion style, but certainly well-dressed.

I'll try to find some of those images and post them later. The looks will be dated, of course, but they were trendy when the comics were published.

Of course, in my list of priorities for what I'd like to see the writers/artists offering Jean, fashion does not rank high. But, you know, it would make me happy to see her dressing up again. It's silly, I know. But it'd make me smile.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-02-2021 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I agree that tk and magnetic powers could and should be used differently but often they aren’t. I guess we will see how Duggan handles the similar power sets of his cast: Jean and Lorna and then two characters that can copy powers. Though Rogue may be used mostly as the player with flight and super strength.

As far as tk goes I see Jean mostly using it to fly around, but I hope to be wrong.
    There are many ways for a skilled writer to handle power sets with the range of Lorna and Jean and make them come off quite different. The bigger issue I find comes down to their roles.

The failure of Lorna and Jean's 90s interaction was they could have been color swapped versions of the same character. The Ultimate universe tried the same core concept with also having Lorna, Scott and Jean in a love triangle which also failed to generate any interest or push that version of Lorna and Jean into an interesting relationship.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-02-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    During Morrison's run, Jean was seen as a woman who dressed like a soccer mom or something like that. She was dead for most of those years since that run, so this notion kinda stuck. But Jean was actually one of Marvel's original glamour girls, together with Sue and Janet.

I'd love for someone over there to remember that and give our girl something other than the old green dress and a green bikini to wear.
    Problem that Jean totally lost her glamour to Emma, that very often used only panties and corset. Really sad that they feel like Jean doesnt know how to dress that they put her on 70s dress

I re-read X-Men Red today. Such a wonderful read. Jean is perfect in it. I know some people think she is too much of a pacifist, I just see her as very intelligent, determined and as someone with a lot of empathy. She is so confident and you can just constantly feel how incredibly powerful she is.
    (You can click on all pics below and make them larger and easier to read.)

The Phoenix force was holding her back.

I love how she borrowed the minds of the greatest thinkers on earth when she came up with her idea for a mutant nation.

I love how she just casually deals with his telepathic blocks, finds out what he knows at the same time as she makes him think he is buying a coffee.
    Last edited by johnnysv75; 05-02-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Such an amazing way to use her powers. Using Black Panther’s and Trinary’s knowledge to get the nanite out of Ororo’s mind. Skillful use of both her telepathy and TK here.

Amazing way to use telepathy. Get the opposing side to see the other side’s point of view.

Reminds me of how she lifted the Empire State Building back in X-Factor. Plus it is a very cool visual.

Just a cool visual, before she defeated Rachel (who was fighting Nova’s influence).

Fighting Nova.

And defeating her with empathy.

I find it interesting what Jean has to say about a mutant nation here. She is so against a concept like Krakoa. I know editors aren’t too concerned with continuity, so I don’t think the X-office cares about this, but it would be interesting to know what changed her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    There are many ways for a skilled writer to handle power sets with the range of Lorna and Jean and make them come off quite different. The bigger issue I find comes down to their roles.

The failure of Lorna and Jean's 90s interaction was they could have been color swapped versions of the same character. The Ultimate universe tried the same core concept with also having Lorna, Scott and Jean in a love triangle which also failed to generate any interest or push that version of Lorna and Jean into an interesting relationship.

Out of the 4 characters in that panel, Jean got about half a personality and the other 2 maybe a quarter - that they had to share between them. The Ultimate Universe had an unwritten rule of not doing well by anyone who wasn't in Ultimate Spider-Man.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I find it interesting what Jean has to say about a mutant nation here. She is so against a concept like Krakoa. I know editors aren’t too concerned with continuity, so I don’t think the X-office cares about this, but it would be interesting to know what changed her mind.
    A explanation could be nice, but I think it will be hard to get. If we get any explanation

Maybe brainwashing or writer will just ignore this and have Jean being fine with krakoa since day 1. It is funny almost 2 years later and we arent close to a explanation for this change of heart

Variant cover for X-Force 21 by David Nakayama. Spotted it on Twitter.

EF6A7226-BEE1-4104-8D41-BC069B5B8CF4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Out of the 4 characters in that panel, Jean got about half a personality and the other 2 maybe a quarter - that they had to share between them. The Ultimate Universe had an unwritten rule of not doing well by anyone who wasn't in Ultimate Spider-Man.
    True.

The 90s version of Lorna and Jean’s relationship accentuated not distinctiveness, but similarities and ultimately failed.

That actually started changing in 1999 with The Twelve saga and continued to Lorna’s return from Genosha. Though we never got to see the outcome given Planet X.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-02-2021 at 03:17 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Nakayama variant for X-Force #21.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jean finally grew into her milf hips. Yes queen!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Nakayama variant for X-Force #21.
    Ditch the train and the floaty things and that would be an excellent everyday outfit too.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    "Mutants need a voice in this organisation"
    To have a voice in the UN they have to establish a Nation and speak from a place of power and position. While Krakoa may not have been exactly what Jean was thinking of and advocating for at the time...it really is the closest fulfilment of that notion. And I can see why she's not mad at it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!