Page 222 of 719 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    X-Men #2 covers:

Jean being front and center love to see it

I like seeing Jean's power signature.

Even with all 3 lovely ladies in green, the uniforms and colors are different so it works.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I love the X-men 2 covers. This could be a really interesting team if handled well. I am so glad Synch, Rogue, and Sunfire are on Scott and Jean's team. I've said it recently and I will say it again the green dress is growing on me. I am finding that I might like (though I always liked it as a past costume but wasn't sold on it being a current look).

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Krakoa really doesn't care about clothes.
    All the X-men stood naked infront of crowd.Willingly.
    How about the human world? The premise of the new X-Men series is that the X-Men will be more active outside of Krakoa. Jean has to wear something under that skirt. After all even Deadpool did not go commando when he wore the miniskirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like seeing Jean's power signature.

Even with all 3 lovely ladies in green, the uniforms and colors are different so it works.
    I don't know. I think there's too much green and yellow going on.
    I wish Larraz had redesigned everyone aside from maybe Cyclops. The book is supposed to be a big new launch but they didn't even put some effort on the team's aesthetic.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I wish Larraz had redesigned everyone aside from maybe Cyclops. The book is supposed to be a big new launch but they didn't even put some effort on the team's aesthetic.
    I mean I can't speak to Rogue or Jean but everyone else has already had recent redesigns, so it might've been overkill.

That said if I had my way I think the only characters that would have yellow in their look would be Jean and Laura. And for that matter, only Jean and Rogue would be in green. Lorna should be in purple.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I mean I can't speak to Rogue or Jean but everyone else has already had recent redesigns, so it might've been overkill.

That said if I had my way I think the only characters that would have yellow in their look would be Jean and Laura. And for that matter, only Jean and Rogue would be in green. Lorna should be in purple.
    Yes, but Laura and Synch's new designs are so generic I don't really count them as "new". They need unique looks and not basic yellow X-costumes.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

No problem at all!! If you look at the history of the thread or my post history I've done quite a few. I wouldn't mind sharing them again if you wanted to see them.
    That would be awesome, thank you! But no need to do it now. Maybe when the thread gets a bit silent again?
    I love fan re-designs!

that's my biggest issue with Hickman's run so far. They should have given us bold new looks for a bold new era! Not sure why they do not want to redesign so many costumes. Maybe they have been afraid that the overall change is so krass that they wanted to keep the characters looks how they are...but I really enjoy seeing "my heroes" in new costumes. Dauterman or Larraz should redo all the costumes ASAP!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    that's my biggest issue with Hickman's run so far. They should have given us bold new looks for a bold new era! Not sure why they do not want to redesign so many costumes. Maybe they have been afraid that the overall change is so krass that they wanted to keep the characters looks how they are...but I really enjoy seeing "my heroes" in new costumes. Dauterman or Larraz should redo all the costumes ASAP!
    It might be just a matter of budget. They're using a lot of designer work on those pages that explain the structure of enemy's institutions or even Krakoa ones, how magic rituals work, how the timelines work etc...

And it might also be because Hickman has never intended for this story to go on indefinitely. Maybe it's supposed to have an end (dawn, reign, fall?) so costume designs won't matter much and the money is better spent on the world-building.

Of course, Jean's costumes in particular (and why sometimes she wears other costumes) might have some significance, but that's purely speculative and I think it might just be the artist's choice.

Lorna looks really good in purple
    I miss her Austen-era outfit

BANNED

Those covers are neat.

The thing is this era isn't really much less deep into nostalgia than the typical run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The thing is this era isn't really much less deep into nostalgia than the typical run.
    Being nostalgic of the Marvel Girl costume is quite odd to me.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Yeah, I know what you mean. I would like to see Jean in a new costume, but something that is really great.

I kind of like Lorna's new look here.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

love to see Jean front and center, hate that ugly ass costume with a vengeance.
    Like honestly, Lorna has had two redesigns and Jean can't be put in anything but this? I'm sorry but her entire aura has seemed off in this era costume aside. Lorna is in a dress too and looks the part, she's stylish but also battle ready and here is Jean for over two years looking so bland and completely uninteresting and at this point we can't say it isn't intentional.

This title deserved redesigns for the whole team ala Lorna and I can't for the life of me understand why the decision was made to only update Lorna when everyone on this team save for Sunfire could use an update.