Page 224 of 719 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Don’t mess with the classic!

Look at Spider-Man. Sure, they tried Spider Armor and the black costume, but it always, always has to be the classic.

Jean’s is iconic enough. It needs to be afforded the same respect.

Or make her Phoenix again and give her that Cockrum design back, which is great, too.

All the other stuff from X-Factor and basically the Jim Lee design doesn’t suit her as well.

If you’re trying to change her look so much, you can’t really be appreciating her that much.
    Since when Marvel Girl is iconic? maybe a classic because it is so old, not even I am that old

Jim Lee design is already classic.

X-men were never static how they look

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The team needs to unify the visual identity. I don't even think Lorna really needed a updated.
    Also this trend of women fighting on dresses have to stop
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Don’t mess with the classic!

Look at Spider-Man. Sure, they tried Spider Armor and the black costume, but it always, always has to be the classic.

Jean’s is iconic enough. It needs to be afforded the same respect.

Or make her Phoenix again and give her that Cockrum design back, which is great, too.

All the other stuff from X-Factor and basically the Jim Lee design doesn’t suit her as well.

If you’re trying to change her look so much, you can’t really be appreciating her that much.

NONE of the X-men should be stuck in 60's/70's garb, and if anyone must be then Lorna should be the only one because her's is the best, imo.

Havok may be excused as well the other's not so much:

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Yep!

NONE of the X-men should be stuck in 60's/70's garb, and if anyone must be then Lorna should be the only one because her's is the best, imo.

Havok may be excused as well the other's not so much:

Heck yes they should have Lorna in the Steranko costume! Also, Cyke should go back to his costume on the cover of 39, too. And bring back the Adams’ blue or black and white Angel costume — far and away his best! The leather boots on that were kick @$$!

The thing about new costumes is they need to be better than the old ones. The new costumes are not better. Cyclops’ outfit is horrible. Enough with stripes or belts on Cyclops. Lorna’s is okay, but Steranko’s was better.

Unless they’re going to put Jean into the green Phoenix costume, then it’s best to keep her in the classic. The gold, Catwoman-style mask is great!
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-21-2021 at 12:20 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I hate, hate, hate the monochromatic color scheme Lorna is associated with. Let her branch out a bit!

Also, the Marvel Girl dress IS an iconic costume. Why do you think it keeps appearing in games and in X-Men stories? Other than the Jim Lee look and Phoenix, the Marvel Girl outfit is the one that is most typically associated with Jean in the long-term.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I hate, hate, hate the monochromatic color scheme Lorna is associated with. Let her branch out a bit!

Also, the Marvel Girl dress IS an iconic costume. Why do you think it keeps appearing in games and in X-Men stories? Other than the Jim Lee look and Phoenix, the Marvel Girl outfit is the one that is most typically associated with Jean in the long-term.
    Its only been appearing in games in recent years bc she is wearing it since HOX. Its never been her default look and the only other time I think its appeared was in the now defunct Marvel Heroes. It also hasnt really appeared in many X-men stories. I dont believe she's ever worn it post-DPS until now and the context that we've seen it has been directly referencing the O5 days

There is literally NOTHING iconic about this look. I’m reading x-men comics for so many years and before Hickman I never saw it at all. Nobody even read x-men comics when the 05 wore these ugly costumes...Jean’s green Phoenix look is the iconic look she should wear to please our nostalgia.

BANNED

Since when Marvel Girl is iconic? maybe a classic because it is so old, not even I am that old

Jim Lee design is already classic.

X-men were never static how they look
    Everything old is iconic. Lmao

Honestly, I like the dress when they aren't drawing it with baggy gloves, but its presence and her characterization is a symptom of rank, gross nostalgia and Byrnesque "women shouldn't be powerful" man-babying so I can't wait for it to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Everything old is iconic. Lmao

Honestly, I like the dress when they aren't drawing it with baggy gloves, but its presence and her characterization is a symptom of rank, gross nostalgia and Byrnesque "women shouldn't be powerful" man-babying so I can't wait for it to go away.
    Jean Grey is the new Madonna

Because numerous variant covers and on panel appearances of people choosing to draw Jean in this costume as well as numerous mini-series or flashbacks to Jean wearing this costume or, you know, Jean briefly wearing this costume during the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga doesn't make it iconic or anything. You don't see them drawing her in the costume that she wore briefly before that or even any of the X-Factor costumes on the regular (Brett Booth being the exception for the latter) but you did see people drawing Jean in the mini dress. When I didn't know about any of Jean's costumes other than Phoenix and the 90s look, I knew about this one. It's definitely recognizable and iconic in it's own right.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Because numerous variant covers and on panel appearances of people choosing to draw Jean in this costume as well as numerous mini-series or flashbacks to Jean wearing this costume or, you know, Jean briefly wearing this costume during the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga doesn't make it iconic or anything. You don't see them drawing her in the costume that she wore briefly before that or even any of the X-Factor costumes on the regular (Brett Booth being the exception for the latter) but you did see people drawing Jean in the mini dress. When I didn't know about any of Jean's costumes other than Phoenix and the 90s look, I knew about this one. It's definitely recognizable and iconic in it's own right.
    People only started to draw her on this costume After Hickman choose it as main look for her.

Dauterman for example always avoid to draw it. It isn't iconic, it is just a old costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Jean Grey is the new Madonna
    Jean Grey being Omega Level was iconic.

When? If there is a flashback to the O5 days, it obvious makes sense but thats not bc its highly revered. The MG suit was not really used all that much until the current era

People only started to draw her on this costume After Hickman choose it as main look for her.

Dauterman for example always avoid to draw it. It isn't iconic, it is just a old costume.

In the last one Bendis specifically added it to his scripts because he liked it so much.

Hidden Years, crappy as Byrne is, featured Jean in the dress.

For better or worse, Humberto Ramos based his Jean redesign off of the skirt, implying a fondness of it.

Davis and Claremont had Jean in a mix of the dress and the Phoenix costume in the 811 universe, which is what Rachel saw in her holoempathic crystal.

When they designed Rachel as Marvel Girl, it was also influenced by Jean's own Marvel Girl look.

Twice.

And then there's the time Deadpool homaged Jean, and which costume did they have him wear? Right.